Potential skaters on the next Dancing with the Stars?

mysticchic

I am sure by now most of the cast has been set. The skaters that have picked have been asked and hired.

Debbie S

I am sure by now most of the cast has been set. The skaters that have picked have been asked and hired.
So it sounds like there is more than one skater? ;)

I doubt DWTS would go as controversial as Tonya, but I guess we'll see.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I don’t think Charlie was hosed. As delightful as he is, he was pretty bad at Latin (comparatively).

True, but Charlie definitely should have made the final three. That's where he was hosed.

Since Mirai really really wants to be on the show, I hope she's selected with Adam. Or that Mirai is selected for the longer season in the fall.

Last edited:

mysticchic

So it sounds like there is more than one skater? ;)

I doubt DWTS would go as controversial as Tonya, but I guess we'll see.
I don't know if it's more than 1 skater or not. But I am sure if there is a skater or 2, they have been hired. It takes time to negotiate the deal and to work out things. It's down to 2-3 weeks before they announce.

Debbie S

Really? They love controversial contestants. It's all about the buzz.
Yes, but there is always a line that a casting director wouldn't cross. The other contestants they've had who had legal problems had a career 'record' of positive things, and were remorseful about whatever they did and pledged to make things right/improve. Tonya is back in the headlines b/c of the movie, but she has shown no remorse or taken responsibility, has always asserted she was the victim and has also had some legal run-ins (I think) since The Whack. And she's been banned for life from her sport. (Her attempting to take out her teammate/poor sportsmanship wouldn't win her too many friends among the other athletes competing. Ryan Lochte had support based on his accomplishments and remorse and a generally positive life story.)

But who knows?

IloveFS

No, but a lot of non-US 'stars' in other areas.

As I'd mentioned, though, I'd be completely shocked if they actually did it. But I'd seen or read (can't remember) something that said Virtue and Moir probably the most 'bankable' athletes of these Games, so I feel like DWTS would be idiots to not at least ask them.

I think that Tessa and Scott said in an interview that they have not been asked to do Dancing with the Stars. Maybe they want an all American cast?

cmk

Yes, but there is always a line that a casting director wouldn't cross. The other contestants they've had who had legal problems had a career 'record' of positive things, and were remorseful about whatever they did and pledged to make things right/improve. Tonya is back in the headlines b/c of the movie, but she has shown no remorse or taken responsibility, has always asserted she was the victim and has also had some legal run-ins (I think) since The Whack. And she's been banned for life from her sport. (Her attempting to take out her teammate/poor sportsmanship wouldn't win her too many friends among the other athletes competing. Ryan Lochte had support based on his accomplishments and remorse and a generally positive life story.)

But who knows?
She did not attempt to take Nancy out- Jeff and his friends did that behind her back. She didn't need to eliminate Nancy from the competition. She was capable of beating Nancy on her own because she was actually the better skater- bigger jumps, better spins, a lot more speed and power, able to do spiral without holding the leg, footwork was actually good for the 90's, better flow, and her musical interpretation and choices were better than Nancy's as well. She doesn't need to be remorseful for something she didn't do. Nancy only had a better line because she had longer legs. Tonya's artistry/presention was also a lot better than she was ever given credit for. (The same is true for Midori, Surya (the actual issue was some of the techniques weren't traditional), Irina, etc). According to aol newsfeed, Tonya, Adam, and Jaimie (snowboarder) have been confirmed for the 4-week all-athlete season. She was punished for the cover-up , and I think the lifetime ban was extreme and the pro blackballing was wrong. Tonya is now happily married with a young son, and still skates (can still do doubles at 47).

One of the "run-ins" was a Dui, and she's not the only skater that has one. Rudy and Oksana were busted for that as well. I don't drink, and way back in 2003, my 93 Topaz was totaled by a drunk guy in a gmc sierra who rear ended me when I was stopped for a red light. I purchased a 2003 Taurus using the insurance check as a down payment, and the Taurus was a great car until I paid it off, then it turned into a money pit. I shoud of traded that one in sooner than 2011. I now drive a 2017 Fusion (leased). The other one was a incidient with a former boyfriend where both were drunk, aka the hubcap incident.

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
I purchased a 2003 Taurus using the insurance check as a down payment, and the Taurus was a great car until I paid it off, then it turned into a money pit. I shoud of traded that one in sooner than 2011. I now drive a 2017 Fusion (leased).
It is okay. We all have automobile decisions in our passed that we should of made. Enjoy the Fusion!

Mean-time, my wife and I are both very glad that Mary Nagasu was not choosen to Dance With The Stars. She and the USA gal with the long blonde hair both made us so bored that might as well have been watching an Oriental movie with the words on the bottom of the screen! And don't get me started on Adam Rippon getting even more time to spread his agenda all over the place!

chapis

It is okay. We all have automobile decisions in our passed that we should of made. Enjoy the Fusion!

Mean-time, my wife and I are both very glad that Mary Nagasu was not choosen to Dance With The Stars. She and the USA gal with the long blonde hair both made us so bored that might as well have been watching an Oriental movie with the words on the bottom of the screen! And don't get me started on Adam Rippon getting even more time to spread his agenda all over the place!

Sure, because all oriental movies with words on the bottom of the screen are boring :rolleyes::duh:

eta. I am reading all your posts and maybe you are trying to be funny :confused:

cmk

Sure, because all oriental movies with words on the bottom of the screen are boring :rolleyes::duh:

eta. I am reading all your posts and maybe you are trying to be funny :confused:
They haven't announced everyone yet-just 3 out of the 12. Mirai still might make it and I liked it when she landed the 3axel in the team event. Mirai is better live than on tv. I haven't seen Bradie live but it isn't normal for Bradie to miss jumps like she did in the Olympics. Both were better at worlds.

nimi

A Vanity Fair article about Adam & Tonya (presumably) doing DWTS says that Tonya has already appeared on the show, last spring. If that's correct, I'm a bit :confused:
If the Us report is accurate, this will be Harding’s second time competing on the program; she also appeared on last year’s spring season.
Has anybody here actually watched DWTS last year? Was Tonya really a competitor or did she just "appear on the show" by being in the audience or something and somehow that got twisted & misreported? Or is VF correct here? And have there been others who've competed twice? Soooooo many questions!

chapis

They haven't announced everyone yet-just 3 out of the 12. Mirai still might make it and I liked it when she landed the 3axel in the team event. Mirai is better live than on tv. I haven't seen Bradie live but it isn't normal for Bradie to miss jumps like she did in the Olympics. Both were better at worlds.

Unfortunately Amano did not think the same with Mirai :(, and yes you are right, apparently, tomorrow is announced the entire cast, I wonder what was the reason to release these three names before the official announcement.

I know many people hate Tonya but I am really curious to see her dancing, she does not seem very graceful, I wonder how she will do it. If they signed her long ago she may have been taking dance classes.

Sylvia

TBD
They haven't announced everyone yet-just 3 out of the 12.
There will be 10 competitors total.
A Vanity Fair article about Adam & Tonya (presumably) doing DWTS says that Tonya has already appeared on the show, last spring. If that's correct, I'm a bit :confused:
VF made a mistake. Maybe they mixed her up with Nancy Kerrigan who was on the show last spring? :p
yes you are right, apparently, tomorrow is announced the entire cast, I wonder what was the reason to release these three names before the official announcement.
Names usually get leaked to create early buzz for the show. The official announcement will be made on Friday, April 13 during ABC's Good Morning America.

nimi

VF made a mistake. Maybe they mixed her up with Nancy Kerrigan who was on the show last spring? :p
Wow. It didn't even cross my mind that they could get Tonya mixed up with Nancy, but yeah, actually that's the most probable explanation! :rolleyes: :lol:

Carolla5501

It appears Tonya is in. I hope that the other skaters do well, but I will not be watching. Rewarding ABC for having Tonya on is just something I can't do. Hopefully she's first off the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information