DWTS S26: All-Athletes Edition! (i.e. the DWTS thread for NOT yammering about what happened 24 years ago)

BaileyCatts

So little tidbit - Adam's overall average point total gives him the 17th highest average in DWTS history. (Meryl is still 1st, and Kristi, from way back in season 6, is ranked 2nd. Charlie is 42nd.)

Where are you finding all this stuff? Is there a whole list of rankings of everyone who has ever appeared on the show? That would be neat to see.

screech

Where are you finding all this stuff? Is there a whole list of rankings of everyone who has ever appeared on the show? That would be neat to see.
Wikipedia

The highest averages only includes those whose averages are 27 points or higher. For the seasons with 4 judges, they just round them to be out of 30.

It also has a ranking of who's received the most perfect scores. Jordan Fisher from last season has the most at 9, then Bindi Irwin and Laurie Hernandez (I don't agree with them being so high) at 8, and Meryl, Jennifer Grey and Rumer Willis have 6.
I'd have had Meryl and Jordan tied with the most, personally.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
You’re kidding me - they just declared a winner and didn’t place the other two???
This is what I'm wondering about, too. I thought they would announce who came in 2nd or whatever. I'm glad that Adam won, but to me, he didn't have that sparkle or luster with that freestyle dance. On the other hand, Tonya was pretty spectacular, and she delivered the goods! To me, she showed she could get out there, compete, and she was pretty damn good! :)

Scrufflet

An underwhelming finale. When I saw Adam and Jenna's outfits I got my hopes up and thought they would do a Les Twins kind of dance but that just did not click. Tonya's was pretty good. Best of the night was Adam's first number.

miav9

An underwhelming finale. When I saw Adam and Jenna's outfits I got my hopes up and thought they would do a Les Twins kind of dance but that just did not click. Tonya's was pretty good. Best of the night was Adam's first number.

Adam and Tonya's costumes made me cringe, esp because there have already been some comments on Twitter and Instagram criticizing the outfits for being culturally offensive. The dance itself was great but the theme was just completely wrong

Frida80

Adam and Tonya's costumes made me cringe, esp because there have already been some comments on Twitter and Instagram criticizing the outfits for being culturally offensive. The dance itself was great but the theme was just completely wrong
Even more cringe worthy since he calls Nathan his son. Adam was super popular when he came into this season, so they could’ve done a typical freestyle instead of that.

Jubak

Adam & Jenna's freestyle was more suited to SYTYCD. I personally liked it but this wasn't the audience. I thought Carrie Ann would like it since it was very "Madonna-esque" and I knew Len would not like it at all. It looked like choreo that Mark Kannemura did for Jenna when she was on SYTYCD (I know, no fans, & group dance) with the exact same dance moves. I went back & watched it to make sure I wasn't crazy - similar music, similar dance moves.

On another note, Tonya's Viennese waltz only had one sequence in hold and it was nothing special. Surprised they were lavishing the praise. This wouldn't have flown in the UK "Strictly Come Dancing". This 4 week format shouldn't be done again.

Jubak

I thought the same thing but yet Madonna did the same thing a number of years ago as a "concept". His wig was what really got me. They should have done at least spiky - K-pop type.

Sylvia

TBD
Videos are posted on ABC.com website (listed below in performance order):

Tonya/Sasha's Viennese Waltz
Josh/Sharna's Foxtrot
Adam/Jenna's Jazz routine

Freestyles:
Tonya/Sasha's "I Will Survive" Disco number
Josh/Sharna's "Walk on Water" by Thirty Seconds to Mars
Adam/Jenna's "Scooby Doo Pa Pa" (in Spanish) by DJ Kass

I'll post the YouTube videos when they become available later (ETA):

Opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDsQ6zr0u7E

Tonya/Sasha's Viennese Waltz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdEi3-CqaQk
Josh/Sharna's Foxtrot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60CTQRhPOBU
Adam/Jenna's Jazz routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzsZcW7lYy0

Freestyles:
Tonya/Sasha's "Hush Hush; Hush Hush/I Will Survive": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyIP03MvIvo
Josh/Sharna's "Walk on Water" by Thirty Seconds to Mars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV6Qw6RLYFE
Adam/Jenna's "Scooby Doo Pa Pa" by DJ Kass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VDylTCCzOY

All Cast Number (10 athletes & their pros): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUvADbOJ6to

Announcement of the Mirrorball Trophy winners (20 secs.): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liElvOhCvlA

Last edited:

VGThuy

I just saw a bit of the dances thanks to Sylvia's links, and I have to agree with those who say four weeks doesn't seem enough. I think all of the contestants could have been even better with a full season to grow and improve their skill. For the record, from what I saw of those links, I liked Tonya the best. I think if this was a full season, Tonya could have slowly built up and overtaken Adam's fan base.

barbk

Adam & Jenna's freestyle looked like a poor SYTYCD opener. Really disappointing. Whoever designed the lighting for that dance needs to have red lights flashed in his/her eyes for an hour or two as a reminder of why that is not a good idea.

I didn't especially like Adam & Jenna's jazz number (Anything you can do...) but it was far, far better than their freestyle. I'd have preferred that they use that for the freestyle and have done something else for jazz. Her choreography has been so good this season -- I wonder what happened tonight?

Tonya demonstrated a lot of grace in that waltz and amazing athleticism in that freestyle. I'd probably give the night overall to her.

Josh's freestyle was very good, but I found the Foxtrot to be very bland -- more first week than finale.

vgerdes

Tonya demonstrated a lot of grace in that waltz and amazing athleticism in that freestyle. I'd probably give the night overall to her.

I liked her waltz. The freestyle, not so much. I would not have given it straight 10's. Josh's, yes. I give Tonya points for being fearless, but I didn't really care for it.

As for Adam... I loved his jazz performance. A lot. The freestyle was... not horrible, but I didn't love it the way I have all his other dances. I was a little confused about how it was supposed to be representative of Adam, tbh. And the wig was NAGL on him. Wish that wasn't their final performance of the season.

I would have given tonight to Josh & Sharna overall because I thought both of their dances were very good, while the other two were hit and miss. But based on overall quality of performances this season... the trophy went to the right guy. JMO, of course.

skatfan

Well, I’m surprised to say that the best freestyle was Tonya and Sasha. I’m thinking Emma probably helped to choreograph it - she does production numbers really well. Tonya was the only one to have a significant solo component. Although she wasn’t technically perfect, she danced with energy and heart. And her costume was as sparkly as she could have it!

Jenna missed on the freestyle. It got the weakest reaction in the ballroom. Not much variety in the music and no build in the production plus weird costumes. and I thought the jazz number was WWAYYY oversold by both of them. Tone it down Jenna.

Seeing Tonya made me think that without the whack and coverup, Tonya could have had a nice pro career.

bardtoob

:wideeyes: Tonya did acrobatics in that shape . . .

. . . Tonya also used some of her old skating choreography. It still looked labored.

. . . Overall, I am impressed that she could physically pull off that freestyle routine.

I am also not at all surprised how extra cheesy her facial expressions and her particular form of flair made it look.

Physically gifted and with good timing, even at this age, but a bad actress.

I admit I did rewatch it.

bardtoob

Adam was best, but Josh could have taken it based on sex appeal.

Adam's wig was funny. I liked Adam's music and the vibe ... Bond Girl meets Warhol.

nimi

I didn’t enjoy either of Adam’s dances last night, but I’m glad he won because I enjoyed the rest that he did prior.
You mean he deserved it based on his BOW? Agreed! :D

But I'm waiting for the StasiaLoverOrWhatever account to chime in and start going on about how Ross should've won DWTS. Any minute now... :p

(For the record: I wasn't that impressed with any of the dances yesterday, but I guess I liked Adam's jazz the most. Josh's freestyle maybe being the close 2nd.)

berthesghost

I’m sure that “stasia” and his wife had planned a candle vigil to pray for all the sinners on DWTS during the final, however he was called away by an old navy buddy in need. In town for a convention, he wanted to meet at the motel 6 to relive old times. Stasia always makes time to receive seamen.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
It was just so wrong to put Tonya in the finals! Actually it was wrong to invite her on DWTS. I am glad to read that Adam won. Anyone but Tonya who still wants to be accepted as a victim. I didn't watch the finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information