The Bachelorette Fall 2020

ryanj07

Who else is watching? I didn’t want to name it based on the lead given all of the rumors. I’m early in the premiere episode and can already tell that Clare is not a dynamic lead...

Catherine M

Of course I'm watching but am totally spoiled so can't really comment though ABC/producers don't really seem to care all that much about the switch that is upcoming. How it happens I guess is really the only big mystery as there are multiple conflicting reports out there from Reality Steve and the folks on Reddit.

In sadder news, Ashley Hebert & JP Rosenbaum have decided to divorce after being separated for months. Sad to see that, especially since their kids are so young. Wish them all the best, especially after JP's serious illness last year. They were really my first bachelor couple that I really liked. Sounds like that they couldn't overcome their differences in faith/politics which isn't that uncommon.

ryanj07

That is very shocking about Ashley and J.P. divorcing! I thought those two would go the distance.

Rob

Beach Bum
The show is getting some double standard backlash over the strip volleyball, imagine if they'd asked women to do that. They did have a mostly nude photo shoot for charity one Bachelor season, but I think that was quite a while back.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I don't actually watch the show. I count on you guys to give me the highlights and make me laugh. So I am confused about something. There were all these previews about how the latest Bachelorette would "blow up" the franchise and some chatter that she quit halfway through and was replaced.

Did that actually happen or was it all overblown as usual? (I'd google it but I'm exactly sure what to google.)

Rob

Beach Bum
Yes it did, Clare fell in love at first sight, feelings were mutual, and left engaged in 2 weeks. Tayshia Adams was brought in to replace her. 4 new guys came in too.
I’m rooting for Ivan now because he works for my company. I don’t know him, but he’s supposed to be super nice and he isn’t acting like an asshat.

Rob

Beach Bum
Anyone still watching? Even though there have been 2 bachelorettes and a lot going on, it’s fairly boring.

Winnipeg

I am embarrassed to say but I am watching it.

The issue with the strip volleyball was really bad IMO. Yet, the guys all did it. I would have thought some would refuse but?

Teshia is better than Clare. I thought Claire was odd.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I am embarrassed to say but I am watching it.

The issue with the strip volleyball was really bad IMO. Yet, the guys all did it. I would have thought some would refuse but?

Teshia is better than Clare. I thought Claire was odd.
Could not stand Clare at all. She’s older so you would think she would be wiser. She reminds me of another needy 30-something lady

Lacey

I think tashia (sp?) has some personality and is very pretty, therefore a great stand in. However, don't see her being in love with anyone...

Lemonade20

Imagine if we had our own Bachelorette: FSU! Who would you nominate to be the Bachelorette (or Bachelor)?

Catherine M

Anyone watching The Bachelor?

I'm taking a break from the Bachelor but have been following the Dale/Clare breakup saga.

Part of me feels sorry for her but another part of me is like "Clare, you had 20+ great guys that were all eager to meet you and you IGNORED them for a model wanting to improve his brand cause you stalked him like a 14 year old on Instagram pre show".

Lemonade20

I'm taking a break from the Bachelor but have been following the Dale/Clare breakup saga.

Part of me feels sorry for her but another part of me is like "Clare, you had 20+ great guys that were all eager to meet you and you IGNORED them for a model wanting to improve his brand cause you stalked him like a 14 year old on Instagram pre show".
Clare drives me bonkers. She acts like a 14 year old with stars in her eyes. She just can’t get it together. I think the producers keeps bringing her back just for the drama.

Rob

Beach Bum
I think the on resort dates are so dull that the producers really have to pump up the drama in the house to make it the least bit interesting.

Lacey

I do not in any way feel sorry for Clare. She broke all the rules. They won't let her back in will they?

ryanj07

I do feel for Clare but she made a rash decision getting engaged to Dale after knowing him for two weeks instead of spending more time getting to know all of the guys. She likes to think that she's mature and wise but she spent her portion of the season acting like a teenager. It seems like she burned her bridges with Chris Harrison and the producers so I don't see them giving her another season but who knows!

Lemonade20

Trying to, but I'm getting tired of the "villian" storyline. It started with Sarah and now Victoria & Anna are vying to be the villains.

Lacey

Victoria seems the villain. She at least is being edited that way, but it does seems real as she is picking on girls and she has done it so many times she is starting to get called out.

As usual, I wish that it could be more about the main character bachelor, and not the girls. Matt James seems to have picked out a few likely likes, let's get it going--the nature of this show is SLOW. Matt is nice, smart and gorgeous! Let's get it going.

And no more women, please, unless you dump ten at a time, he hasn't gotten through the first group yet.

Last edited:

Rob

Beach Bum
Victoria is 27, acts 17. And then when she talks to Matt, she’s boring.

Lemonade20

I agree, the pace is so slow, I'm bored already! I want to really find out more about each girl, they should do those pop-up bubbles with facts like they used to do in the MTV videos 🙃

BaileyCatts

What the hell is wrong with these women (and I say that of every round, not just this one :D). I always go back to this ... a lot of these women have professional degrees and careers in the business world, medical profession, legal profession, etc. etc. Why would anyone ever want to hire these women when they act the way they do on this show ... the bitchiness, the fighting, the disrespectful attitudes towards others, the drunkeness (is that a word? :lol:). Not all of them of course, but good lord I would never, EVER, hire Victoria in any capacity for any job at any company whatsoever. Ever.

Oh and I say the same thing about the men and their disgusting and appalling behavior on Bachelorette too. I mean these people are going to have to go out in the real world one day and get like .... a job, you know? How do they think they are going to garner any respect in the workplace when people have seen them act the way they do? Oh sure, you can say 'that's just TV', well the producers craft a story based on what you give them .... the behavior is all y-o-u. They aren't all going to parlay this gig into 'reality show star' for a lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information