#TeamTrainwreck 9: Next Splat Station: Pyeongchang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleo1782

I'll save him the trouble: it's a no. I don't even know who Torgashev is.

Feel free to make a case for him, but guys, surely we can do better than no triple axel Tallin Trophy credentials? :p

He does a quad and used to do a 3A. He was great at Nats last year like 7th, but then failed to make the fs cut at JW. No idea why he doesn't do a 3A currently. His father teaches him, he's wonderfully artistic and the USFS loves him. That and watching him skate should make a case.

Vagabond

He does a quad and used to do a 3A. He was great at Nats last year like 7th, but then failed to make the fs cut at JW. No idea why he doesn't do a 3A currently. His father teaches him, he's wonderfully artistic and the USFS loves him. That and watching him skate should make a case.

No, it doesn't.

Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level

There are technical requirements for making #TTW, and you have just demonstrated that he doesn't meet them.

He's just another Headcase. But that's okay. @Jeschke may very well be tossing a certain former European Men's Bronze Medalist off the Team for not meeting the criteria any more, so Torgashev will be in good company. :p

Dobre

He does a quad and used to do a 3A.

Used to try it, and may try it later this season. But as far as I can recall has never done a good one in competition. (He received credit and negative 2s & 3s for his attempts at JGP Saransk last season if I remember correctly). I think Andrew is still working on making his case in juniors, and does not need to be measured for Team Trainwreck before even seriously getting going.

All that said . . .

No, it doesn't.
There are technical requirements for making #TTW, and you have just demonstrated that he doesn't meet them.

I'd say he's more competitive than Maria Stavitskaya. Our bar here for being potentially a complete package is rather ???

J

Jeschke

J

Jeschke

Case Torgashev @rfisher
Denied!

I knew @levineismine was the first one to join the support waggon for you in that case, but @alchemy void decided already wisely.
I admit Torgashev was on my personal potential watchlist for this season alongside Ponomarenko and Krasnozhon.
All 3 developed not the right way:
1) Pono is developing his arse, which could be a bonus in this threda, but the rest is kinda :blah:
2) Krasnozhon moved a way from butt-spanking cowboy program to being totally :blah:
3) and Torgashev jumps the same axel as da Schott! :blah:

Above all, Torgashev (nor his companions) is (are) heartbreak material right now! Give them time, let's focus on seniors. Not everoyne can be that influential in juniors as the :gallopin1-four ! :D

But as we saw clever @Cleo1782 found a loophole in our rules that need to be fixed :eek:
International senior outings do count, not national outings! @Vagabond please update the rules here :COP:

J

Jeschke

She pulled out? Injury?
That's the big question.
Nice FS withdrawal and now this :shuffle:

I guess it's something serious, as it increases the pressure on her a lot, as there is no alternative challenger left for her.
So she can't afford a bad result.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Case Torgashev @rfisher
Denied!

I knew @levineismine was the first one to join the support waggon for you in that case, but @alchemy void decided already wisely.
I admit Torgashev was on my personal potential watchlist for this season alongside Ponomarenko and Krasnozhon.
All 3 developed not the right way:
1) Pono is developing his arse, which could be a bonus in this threda, but the rest is kinda :blah:
2) Krasnozhon moved a way from butt-spanking cowboy program to being totally :blah:
3) and Torgashev jumps the same axel as da Schott! :blah:

Above all, Torgashev (nor his companions) is (are) heartbreak material right now! Give them time, let's focus on seniors. Not everoyne can be that influential in juniors as the :gallopin1-four ! :D

But as we saw clever @Cleo1782 found a loophole in our rules that need to be fixed :eek:
International senior outings do count, not national outings! @Vagabond please update the rules here :COP:
:(:blah::fragile::fragile::mitchell: Free Torgashev! You'll see.

Vagabond

@Jeschke We already had taken care of this in the Rules.

Rules:
1) Worlds/Olympic medalists and Euro/4CC's champions are not eligible
2) Multiple Euros/4CC's medal winners are not eligible
3) Membership and changes to the Rules and Qualities shall be decided by consensus among longstanding posters in the #TeamTrainwreck Threads, subject to points 1) and 2)
4) The pinky166 is not allowed to make more than one proposal a day
5) Proposals can be submitted in the #teamtrainwreck thread
6) New membership is granted only to current skaters
7) New membership is only granted to senior skaters (at least one international senior competition)
8) Membership can be cancelled due to points 1) and 2), numerous decent skates in a row or not being competitive on elite level anymore.

Torgashev had competed in the Tallinn Trophy last year, finishing third: https://data.tallinntrophy.eu/2016/Tallinn_Trophy/Challenger/CAT001RS.HTM

Now, if da bossman wants to toughen the Rules, da pressman is ready, willing, and able to oblige. :saint:

Areski

Okay I literally just laughed out loud at this and I got a few looks from co-workers. :rofl: Hysterical. Even though only you and I probably only find it funny. :p

Everyone watch this immediately. They don’t make music like this any more! :respec: #Galustyan2022OlympicsLP

What is your favourite figure skating program to Madonna music (could be exhibition)?

Do you like Javi aeroplane photo on the left?

J

Jeschke

I came out of "long-time lurker" status (especially for the TTW thread!) just to post a link to this memorable exhibition:
Grishuk & Platov All By Myself
Yeah, welcome to the club :40beers:

Awesome exhibition, perfect song for Grishuk.

I love that you mixed 'You'll see' with Celines 'All by myself'! :rofl:
This lil mistake would have been nowhere as appropriate and as loved as in here :gallopin1 Enjoy the thread and keep on posting! :40beers:

J

Jeschke

Okay I literally just laughed out loud at this and I got a few looks from co-workers.
Our threads work is done when it puts a daily smile on everybody in here :encore:

Hysterical. Even though only you and I probably only find it funny. :p
who cares about the rest? :glamor:

Everyone watch this immediately. They don’t make music like this any more! :respec:
Justin, we are getting old :drama: But damn right you are! :respec: Best song ever by her!

#Galustyan2022OlympicsLP
OMG, awesome! :encore:

S

SmallFairy

"What is your favourite figure skating program to Madonna music (could be exhibition)?"

I came out of "long-time lurker" status (especially for the TTW thread!) just to post a link to this memorable exhibition:
Grishuk & Platov All By Myself

Yeah, welcome to the club :40beers:

Awesome exhibition, perfect song for Grishuk.

I love that you mixed 'You'll see' with Celines 'All by myself'! :rofl:
This lil mistake would have been nowhere as appropriate and as loved as in here :gallopin1 Enjoy the thread and keep on posting! :40beers:

Yeah @ElleL Welcome! You are so right, I've always loved that program so much, it has EVERYTHING!

Platov looking 90ies business guy, so handsome, him carrying her in all sorts of drama ways, him undressing her, throwing her around by the leg, by the arm, her being fragile, being bitch, them being in love, then hating each other, Platov throwing jacket, Pasha's blue skates, bling choker, she on the ice, him stepping out on her, both sliding the ice, Pasha's blond 90ies 'do, both staring dramatically into each others eyes, holding onto shoulders, pushing each other away, circling hands on the ice getting closer and closer, curled up together, stretching, holding hands, rolling away on the ice, her leaving, picking up his jacket, him laying down reaching out his hand to her....and then she steps over him throwing the jacket in his face!!!!

EPIC:respec::respec::respec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information