#TeamTrainwreck 24: For the weirdos and the dreamers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeschke

Guys, I competed today, and it went really well, I got a new PB, podium finish and higher components than before, but the best was this:

My training mates made this to cheer, in honour of me, Makaaaaar and #ttw. Man, our adult skating group rocks😍🚂
Congrats 💪 💥

How many lutzes and flips?!
Bring the important stuff!

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Fear not, there are juniors rising to fill those empty spots. And, we have Naumov for consideration . . .

:huh: Naumov? He never even medalled on the JGP. What about him is supposed to indicate that he could potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level?

Ka3sha

Elena Vaitsekhovskaya posted a little spoiler from her interview with Sokolovskaya (will be published tomorrow):

For more than thirty years in figure skating, I have seen many things and got used to many things. For example, to the fact that in this world it is very difficult to maintain human relations. But sometimes you talk to your companion, and you realize that it doesn’t depend on the the type of the sport. It depends on a person ...

“... Each of us certainly wants his student to win, this is normal. When Sashka did not get to the Olympics in Pyeongchang, failed at the European Championships, and Dima Aliyev won silver there, I laid in bed in a hotel room for two days, unable to move, and sobbed. It was not the envy of someone else's result, but rather a very strong resentment from the fact that I did not succeed. Rukavitsyn then came to my room and said: "Svet, if necessary - I will sit next to you for as long as you need."
This is what I call friendship. I asked him then to give me a little time to recover. And as for Samarin, after we cried together and talked about everything together, I said: “We need to reset. We can’t change anything, everything that we could have lost, we have already lost, so let's go and congratulate our friends ... "

Last edited:

Dobre

I proudly present this: :love: :encore::40beers: :gallopin1 :cheer2: :cheer:
And you better not enter the CS AUT pbp thread, @Hanna and myself obviously had a long day of skating leading to this paraticular skate :D
And people were just claiming that Carol Lane has never created a quirky or memorable program for any team other than Gilles & Poirier.:D
(I assume Lanaghan & Razgulajevs are still with her as Razgulajevs senior was with them in the K&C and last I'd heard he was there).

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I promised to speak to a fellow prof's class weeks ago and then forgot. After much mea culpa, I agreed to do it this Friday morning. Right when the RD starts. Which means I would have to drive across town, find a place to park :yikes: get to the classroom between the end of the women's SP and the start of class. But, she emailed me today and said I could do it remotely because most of the students wouldn't show up anyway. I will be speaking to one computer with my eye on my laptop at the same time. I'll talk quickly because most of these kids aren't any more interested in listening than I am in talking to them. Win-win! Maybe, I'll just turn my laptop to the camera and let them watch the RDs. Pity #Vikasthong won't be skating.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I ventured into the GSD Russian Ladies thread (which I usually avoid at all costs, for obvious reasons) and read that Talalaikina will not be granted a release to compete for Italy. 😭

Is there any chance the Russian Fed would release her next season? 🙏 I don't blame her for wanting to compete elsewhere, as she had virtually zero opportunities to compete internationally.

I find the whole situation intriguing, if the Italian fed OK'd it, couldn't she compete in the Italian domestic events this year?

Last edited:

Vagabond

I ventured into the Russian Ladies thread in GSD (which I usually avoid at all costs, for obvious reasons) and read that Talalaikina will not be granted a release to compete for Italy. 😭

Is there any chance the Russian Fed would release her next season? 🙏 I don't blame her for wanting to compete elsewhere, as she had virtually zero opportunities to compete internationally.

You have to think there's more to the story since they released Gubanova.
Isn't it possible that the FSFR won't give her the release because its Italian counterpart doesn't want her? If Talalaikina skated for Italy, she would probably take another Italian's spot at Worlds and European away from her without earning an additional spot for the Federation. Also, it normally takes ten years for someone from outside the EU to acquire citizenship, so she wouldn't be eligible for the Olympics any time soon.

Talalaikina's Personal Best Total Score is much lower than Gubanova's, so I doubt that the FSFR thinks Talalaikina is a keeper.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Isn't it possible that the FSFR won't give her the release because its Italian counterpart doesn't want her? If Talalaikina skated for Italy, she would probably take another Italian's spot at Worlds and European away from her without earning an additional spot for the Federation. Also, it normally takes ten years for someone from outside the EU to acquire citizenship, so she wouldn't be eligible for the Olympics any time soon.

Talalaikina's Personal Best Total Score is much lower than Gubanova's, so I doubt that the FSFR thinks Talalaikina is a keeper.
I think this is feasible. She probably didn't the the foreign phone call Gubanova received from the Georgian fed who clearly sought her out.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I think this is feasible. She probably didn't the the foreign phone call Gubanova received from the Georgian fed who clearly sought her out.
This makes sense, but would it not be rather insane for Talalaikina and Turenko to assume Italy would want her without communicating with the Italian federation? You'd think the Italian fed would have signed off on it before going forward.

Also, on a somewhat related note, I will be incensed if AZE's second women's spot at Euros is wasted. :angryfire Just saying.

Colonel Green

That doesn't really make sense to me. Talalaikina clearly set up a whole coaching arrangement in Italy, so she was in conversation with people in the Italian skating world.

Beyond which, having Talalaikina would be an asset for the Italian federation (particularly vis a vis Euros and Olympic qualification), even if she couldn't get citizenship -- but there is a way for athletes to get accelerated citizenship, anyway; Guignard did in time for Sochi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information