#TeamTrainwreck 24: For the weirdos and the dreamers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabond

What part of "8) Membership can be cancelled due to points 1) and 2), numerous decent skates in a row or not being competitive on elite level anymore" is difficult to understand? :confused:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
What part of "8) Membership can be cancelled due to points 1) and 2), numerous decent skates in a row or not being competitive on elite level anymore" is difficult to understand? :confused:

What part of just answering the question without being an *ss before my buzz has kicked in do you not understand

It’s a Saturday, why the need for anger and rage and regret?

🍭

Colonel Green

NHK Pairs
Hase/Seegert - he's looking Knierim-level disengaged at this event, for whatever reason. Hopefully it's nothing serious.
Walsh/Michaud - these two apparently looked really good at High Performance Camp, but it has not been showing in their competitions this season, unfortunately. I do like the program.
Lu/Mitrofanov - very technically solid, lacking in performance.

Cain-Gribble/LeDuc - these two have put forward a pretty solid Grand Prix season leading into the fight at US nationals.
Miura/Kihara - both just so likeable, and pairs desperately needs promising teams not from Russia right now (though it's unfortunate that he's approaching 30).
Bill & Fleur - people were rushing to declare that Eteri had fixed them, but it's clear that nothing has really changed.
Mishina/Galliamov - 💪, even even this program is hella boring. Unless Sui can get all her jumps in Beijing, these two might be in it for gold.

NHK Dance
Shevchenko/Eremenko - increasingly looking like Marjo & Zach will be the only team from that Junior World podium to go anywhere, unfortunately; I really liked these two in junior, but they're way down the RusFed totem now.
Nazarova/Nikitin - as per usual, a lot of unusual choreographic moves, which unlike a lot of lower-tier teams at least makes them unique viewing.
Komatsubara/Koleto - really nice program, but alas for them, it looks like they've lost the gamble that they could keep ahead of Takahashi's technical development.
Muramoto/Takahashi - love the program, and them keeping the program for a second season just highlights how much he's grown (even if their scoring here was a wee bit generous).

Parrots - I'm slowly coming around on the choreo changes, even though I still miss a lot of the details from the original program. Still the best costumes of the year.
Spanish #2(?) - she's got so much ice presence, he has none. Twizzles worked today, lift was terrifying.
Disco Brits - this program doesn't have the same creativity in the choreo elements that they're known for, but happy for them.
Alien & Astronaut - if not for him falling, we'd have been able to have a proper "wuzrobbed!" discussion.
Full Moon - Victoria's wedgie being the most memorable thing about this program. PCS and GOE :rolleyes:

NHK Women
Wi - decent, would be an easy podium favourite in Canada, but won't cut it in Korea.
Da Schott in the Dark - how are Cyprus' Olympic chances looking at this point?
Matsuike - injured, per Mark. Obviously not as technically proficient as last season as a result.
Amber - I get that she's dealing with injury, but the triple Axel at this point feels like a major tease. US ladies mostly continuing to not make a case for themselves in the fall season.

Lim - not sure I can recall the last time somebody just noped out of a jumping pass like that and didn't even try to replace it.
Liu - even with the UR problems, easily leading the American ladies right now.
You - the audience didn't go for the fakeout ending this time, so not as good as her previous event in that respect. Everything but the triple Axel seems to be working for her right now.
Kawabe - always had potential in junior that was never realized in competition, seems like we're inching closer to that.
Kaori WOMAN - withdrawals turned this into a cakewalk for her, but she's probably my current favourite, so I'm fine with that.

NHK Men
Camden - his artistic qualities are so good, his technical delivery is so rocky.
Nam - with his training issues over the summer, I think he's on a decent pace now to be ready for nationals. Everybody else is also a mess so the underwhelming Grand Prix showings won't matter.
Hiwatashi - best that he's looked in a while.
Miura - really fast, lots of nice elements, another young Japanese man with a lot of potential if he can tidy things up.
Van Hostage - big improvement in TES after a lot of struggles.

Rizzo - too bad about the pop, but great performance. One of the better step sequences of the year.
Yamamoto - his comeback from those years lost to injury is always nice to follow.
Stamina King - if Rukavicin had any conditioning program at all, this kid could be World champion some day.
Cha - I'm impressed for any of the skaters who initially had what was supposed to be an easy jaunt between China and Japan and then had it turn into traveling halfway across the world for back-to-back events. Deservedly eked it out on PCS.
UR King - ouch. Reminding us not to get too ahead of our ourselves on those Olympic podium predictions.
Uno - on the whole the cleanest his jumps have looked in a good while. I find myself actually starting to like this program?

Last edited:

SamuraiK

I thought I could handle a sleepless night of skating but no. So here's my catch up on NHK Men

Natural Eyebrow - Wave goodbye to the GP and the train kid. One of those rare good calls by Boss.
Nam - To think that even with the pops and slow motion skating this is a better prospect for CAN #2 than Romsky.
Hiwatashi - I feel like he's never really focused while performing.
Miura - Wow, really wild landings. A poor man's Poeta but pleasant enough.
Van Hostage - So B.O.R.I.N.G. and D.U.L.L. as if Lysacek and VanDerPerren had a kid. The judges did punishi him PCS but just not enough.
AdultRizzo - While the climax is awesome and full of emotion I dont know if it justifies the first 2/3 of monotonous emoing. Hire and editor.
Yamamoto - Imn in love with the way he glides. Forget the quad and join the Brown school please.
StaminaKing - Well, it was still slowwwww but he landed stuff and didnt die in the end. Does this means Rukavicin is finally making the boys do run throughs'??? Buried in PCS below Greatest Boreman and honestly deservingly so.
Cinderello - Kept It Together YESS!!! KOR seriouisly needs a star asap.
URKing - Ouch like 15 points lost on rotations revitions. Back to dark horse status.
UkeUno - I actually like this version of Bolero, crazy quads and all.

BestDressed : Rizzo
Do Hard: Yamamoto

J

Jeschke

60pts SP of Murashov in 🇨🇭
What a debut :drama:
And yes, I was refreshing that ****ing wedgie minute by minute.

Elisheba

Miming with Medvedeva
I suppose Tarasova/Morozov have too many medals to ride the train :COP: but I am finding it heartbreaking that they can't ever get it together. They are Russian, have bizarre choreography (Candyman), costumes(Candyman), and hair (Vlad).

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I suppose Tarasova/Morozov have too many medals to ride the train :COP: but I am finding it heartbreaking that they can't ever get it together. They are Russian, have bizarre choreography (Candyman), costumes(Candyman), and hair (Vlad).
Those pesky Euros medals thanks to there being practically no Euro pairs teams capable of beating the top 3-4 Russian pairs teams, lol.

SamuraiK

Im not bothering at all with watching a 30 plus field of OEAS ladiezzz but the EST leading girl beat Kiibus by almost 40 points. Is her Beijing spot safe or is another crazy scenario like with the Selevko brothers?

ANd LOL at BlackWolf not even top 10 in this comp. The kicking out of the traind had already took too long.

Vagabond

The fact that they can't ever get it together may be heartbreaking, but they are not.

J

Jeschke

Im not bothering at all with watching a 30 plus field of OEAS ladiezzz but the EST leading girl beat Kiibus by almost 40 points. Is her Beijing spot safe or is another crazy scenario like with the Selevko brothers?
Same scenario.
If she finishes Top2 in #eurosrace she is safe for olympics.
As she is leading everyone besides Petrokina by miles, she seems damn safe.

J

Jeschke

Toothbrush queen is back :love:
Folks, do your job and vote for the 'start-up of the year': The knit by Mari :rofl:

The video is pure gold...
We moved together and I was shocked to find out how many clothes I possess.

Thanks @Laney for the hint ;)

Hanna

Skating junkie
I proudly present this: :love: :encore::40beers: :gallopin1 :cheer2: :cheer:
And you better not enter the CS AUT pbp thread, @Hanna and myself obviously had a long day of skating leading to this paraticular skate :D
I have shamelessly rewatched this so many times by now that I have lost all count! It is absolute perfection from start to finish and crowned by the 'taxi' shout! 20 years I have waited for someone to do a Spice Girls program and now it's here, and it did not disappoint! The costumes are brilliant as well. :encore:

I'm now really looking forward to us hopefully getting it from the judges' side next week in Warsaw! I feel like it definitely deserves to be seen from the judges' side!!! I mean when Spice Up Your Life starts, she clearly gives out a full tongue of disgust Mel B style to the judges - need to see it better!

S

SmallFairy

Guys, I competed today, and it went really well, I got a new PB, podium finish and higher components than before, but the best was this:

My training mates made this to cheer, in honour of me, Makaaaaar and #ttw. Man, our adult skating group rocks😍🚂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information