#TeamTrainwreck 23: Perky through the ages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmallFairy

I'm not sure if I'm suggesting her for anything....but I can hardly think of anything more heartbreaking than being an amazing, unique skater, securing an Olympic spot for your country TWICE (as @Kateri, or was it @Hanna pointed out), and then not being allowed to go.
(((Josefin)))

Truly, someone must come to their senses....?

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I'm not sure if I'm suggesting her for anything....but I can hardly think of anything more heartbreaking than being an amazing, unique skater, securing an Olympic spot for your country TWICE (as @Kateri, or was it @Hanna pointed out), and then not being allowed to go.
(((Josefin)))

It's insane!

SamuraiK

Btw, PosterGirl said that St Pete Federation took all her dresses and even her skates back :gallopin1

Technically she was on national and regional team, so it was Rus Fed /city funds that covered those expenses, not her previous rink/St Pete Fed

Who's PosterGirl and why is not Pogo or Tuk?

SamuraiK

(((Josefin)))

Josefin and hot Majorov should receive honorary TTW status if they end up not being allowed. A big f+k you to SWE fed.

Colonel Green

Nebelhorn Ladies
Alysa - no Axel, no problem.
Polish Princess (RUS #4) - I thought this program was a total miss at Lombardia, but it came across much better here. Current Tursy-POTS frontrunner.
Safonova (RUS #5) - good that YKW didn't stop her Olympic hopes.
Alexia (USA #4) - now 100% Lambiel-free and can land jumps and stuff.
Low-Energy Bond Girl (RUS #6) - needs to work on performance, but she did her country's pair team a big favour.
Swedish Joker - doubly screwed by the powers that be, it's enough to make anyone go a little crazy.
Kailani - got the job done, but that program doesn't do anything for her.
Gutmann - cheer up, the Swedish Olympic Committee will come through for you.
Cyprus #2 - so close, and yet so far.
(((France))) - rough times ahead.

Nebelhorn Dance
Finns - what of their performance I could see looked good. So happy for Juulia, especially; it's been a long journey to get to this.
CanArmenians - I won't let them coming second here retrospectively ruin how silly I thought it was that they considered themselves a given to qualify at Worlds.:drama: Stream really hated them, so I can't say much about the performance.
Team Georgia, Russians in Disguise - better than yesterday.
Sharpay & Ryan - twizzle oops for her (I continue to be surprised that they put that element so late in both programs, since that was a problem element for them in the 2019-20 season), but whatever, they made it.
Hungarians - Mozgov can rest easy.
AmeriKoreans - ouch. She's been to the Olympics already, but he did in his own chances there. That's probably the best use of the Hathaway version of "I Dreamed a Dream" in skating that I've seen.
Antipodean ice dance - next time, baby!

Vagabond

All that typiing without really answering.. Ok.
For those of you who have just tuned in, have forgotten, or haven't read this thread from the beginning, and most especially for @SamuraiK (for whom there will be a quiz at the end), here's a whole lot more typing:

Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level
2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program
3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again
4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones

Rules:
1) Worlds/Olympic medalists and Euro/4CC's champions are not eligible
2) Multiple Euros/4CC's medal winners are not eligible
3) Membership and changes to the Rules and Qualities shall be decided by consensus among longstanding posters in the #TeamTrainwreck Threads, subject to points 1) and 2)
4) The pinky166 is not allowed to make more than one proposal a day
5) Proposals can be submitted in the #teamtrainwreck thread
6) New membership is granted only to current skaters
7) New membership is only granted to senior skaters (at least one international senior competition)
8) Membership can be cancelled due to points 1) and 2), numerous decent skates in a row or not being competitive on elite level anymore.

Qualities:
1) Student of Volchkova/Rukavicin
2) Big boobs/nice ass
3) Boobs/belly/nipples showing
4) Mule kick
5) Uzbek/Russian
6) Last name called Schott
7) Bizarre off-ice incidents
8) Coach
9) Costume (-Malfunction)
10) Splats
11) Bizarre choreography
12) Hair
13) Bizarre salchows
14) Melting down in the second half of the Free program

Glossary:
#TTW = Team Trainwreck
Big Bro = Michal Březina
Bossman = Jeschke (not Norman Jeschke)
Cave In = Kévin Aymoz (from the French pronunciation of his first name and his tendency to cave in)
Danny Salmon = Daniel Samohin
Elvis = Nicolas Nadeau (from his Elvis Presley Free Skate of a few of seasons ago)
Lil Sis = Eliška Březinová
Lovebirds = Two young skaters who display their affection for each other on social media (exact meaning depends on context)
Narcissus and Echo = Guillaume Cizeron and Gabriella Papadakis
Our boy = Dmitri Aliev
Perkov = Anton Shulepov (through his marriage to Perkova)
Perkova = Alena Leonova
Poster boy = Daniel Samohin
Poster girl = Stanislava Konstantinova
Pressman = Vagabond
Romsky = Roman Sadovsky (from his moniker on social media)
Telenovela = Deniss Vasiljevs, either with or without his coach (for obvious reasons)
TM1 = Maria Artemieva (Trainwreck Maria #1)
TM2 = Maria Stavitskaya (Trainwreck Maria #2)
Tsareva = (1) To react impassively to success or failure; (2) not to suffer fools gladly.
Unknown kid = Mark Kondratiuk
Vice = alchemy_void
Well-known kid = Mark Kondratiuk (#TTW in-group humor)

MEEPOTS = Most Epic Ending Pose of the Season
MESS = Most Epic Splat of the Season
MIMOS = Most Important Minion of the Season
POTS or :gallopin1-POTS = Performance of the Season
Tursy-POTS = Kiss and Cry Performance of the Season (from Elizabet Tursynbayeva's mother)
Well-known kid=Mark Kondratiuk (#TTW in-group humor)

FAQ:

If I post in this thread, does that mean I'm on #TTW?

No, the skaters are the ones on the Team, not us. But you may aspire to joining the Fans' Auxiliary.
Who decides whether a skater's membership should be cancelled on grounds other than medalling or retirement?
Normally, the bossman, possibly with the advice of vice. But there's always a first time for everything.
Why are Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and Han Yan on the List?
The bossman has his delusions, and we humor him.
Do you have to be voidy to be on the Team?
No, but it helps. You do, however, have to be heartbreaking.
Is there an anti-American bias here?
Not at all. Several Americans are or have been on the team, e.g., Amber Glenn, Camden Pulkinen, and Gracie Gold.
Isn't this "Team" just a haven for the bossman's favorites
No. If it were, Alexander Samarin would have been on it years ago.
What is the Black Mark of #TTW?
It's our own special curse, bestowed when the bossman allows a skater to the Team based on a certain number of votes rather than his own judgment or a consensus, as required by Rule #3. The curse has been known to end skaters' careers or send their lives into a tailspin
Sally Skater and Peter Partner tripped each other after doubling their salchows at last weekend's competition. Surely that makes them worthy of the Team.
In and of itself, falling once or even several times in one program does not warrant membership. Please reread the Criteria.
Where are all the Eteri posts? :confused:
Not here.
Why aren't skaters allowed on the Team before they skate Seniors at the international level?
We want to give them time to mature without putting too much pressure on them.
Do Junior World medals disqualify a skater from consideration?
No. If anything, they add to the luster of a #TTW candidacy.
Why is this thread in The Trash Can, whereas From Russia with Love is in Great Skate Debate?
We care about the company we keep.
Is there a King and Queen, or is everybody equal?
No, but we do have the bossman and vice.
Can someone explain what this thread is about/for?
No.

(SamuraiK, was this more helpful than just three lines of typing?)

S

SmallFairy

Hair Brush Guy - Vladimir Litvintsev

Stamina boys/PlayStation gang - All of Rukavitsin’s male skaters

Golden Corset - Burak Demirboga

I also notice ComfyBalls are off the list, though all the Maria’s remain.

SamuraiK

I just watched Litvintsev : The costume is actually very on point for Joaquin Phoenix's Joker previous to his transformation in the movie. I have never paid too much attention to hair so I dont see his as that special But Il¿'ll take your words for it.

Kerry - why oh why the split in half costume.
Frangipani - Repeat in loooooooove
SlightlyKnownkid - That music is a sore but his a passionate christ indeed.
Sadovsky - Staminaboy from CAN.

SamuraiK

So FRA out of the team event. I would feel bad but then I think of the Frend fed and it goes away. Does this mean the end for Meite?

At least Fentz and the top italian lady could do the team event thanks to the adittional quota rule and the ITA girl has actually a chance of skating both programs.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Hair Brush Guy - Vladimir Litvintsev

Stamina boys/PlayStation gang - All of Rukavitsin’s male skaters

Golden Corset - Burak Demirboga

I also notice ComfyBalls are off the list, though all the Maria’s remain.
Well, the TMs were the original inspiration for #TTW so they are part of the lexicon.

MBM hasn't said anything on social media, as I guess there wasn't much she could say. She is back on the ice. She's got some new endorsements, but I just don't see her staying in 4 more years. She may do Euros and Worlds again, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what she decides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information