#TeamTrainwreck 22: Every dark cloud has a pewter lining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabond

More musings from the Press Office:

Pairs: :blah:
Ice Dance: :blah:
Nguyen: :blah:
Joker: Better than yesterday, but where did he acquire that large discoloration on his left cheek? :eek:
Uno: Coulda shoulda woulda been on the Team, but instead, he's just another headcase with hardware :barrel
Siao Him Fa: Other skaters put their hands up when they jump, he puts his down. 🤷‍♂️
Quasimodo: Spot on. ;)
Romsky: So good, so heartbreaking. Not leaving the Team any time soon. :gallopin1
DiCaprio, Jr.: That was his Personal Best?! :huh:
Cave In: :inavoid:
Brown: Purple? :unsure:
Hanyu: I admire the technique. I pooh-pooh the mystique. :blah:
Chen: :respec:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Pairs
M&G - such cream of the crop. Could possibly become my favorite pairs team of all time
K&F - Out of second place by less than a point. Side-by-side jumps good, no landing the throw 🤷🏻‍♂
DM&G - all their programs always look the same to me

Men
Romsky - Love the SP, Meh on free
Joker - Still love him but everyone doing the Anna costume change now driving me crazy but his works the best
Cave-in - adorable, love his innovative choreography
Kolyada - Love his free, he should stick with Balletic type programs
Uno - ditch the Swiss
Brown - despise that free music
Hanyu - sometimes he doesn’t seem happy
Chen - always love his music, and I love the ending of this program

Colonel Green

DiCaprio, Jr.: That was his Personal Best?! :huh:
Since the resetting of +5/-5 he had basically one good free skate internationally that counts (2019 Worlds). He didn't do last season at all, and obviously this season there were hardly any events that count for ISU personal bests.

Vagabond

I was wondering the same. But he’s a teenager, maybe acne
Grassl is indeed having an outbreak of acne, but the discoloration was much more noticeable in the Free Skate than the Short Program, so I think it must be something else. I thought at first that it was a scar, but now I think it might be a bruise. :yikes:

It's been far too long since the last time I had a serious discussion about acne. :lol:

Last edited:

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I can't for the life of me understand why so many people here hate Slaughter on 10th Avenue. I've never run into so much hatred of it anywhere but at FSU. :lol:

So it’s more than just me? Oh my gosh that is cringe worthy music
I like the music too, but Jason's program is very "paint-by-the-numbers" and doesn't seem like much of a challenge to his interpretative skills. I thought it was an excellent choice when he announced it last year but David Wilson's choreo was bland as hell.

S

SmallFairy

Kaori💪🏻💪🏻My girl reminds me more and more of my other girl, Queen Shizuka.

Gabby D. looked fab, that a lot of hair to be kept in place, and she kept
adjusting it😅

Jason’s program is meh, I don’t get it. Sorry @alchemy void 🙈

I was robbed of Gabriele!

Free Shoma!!!! Seriously, get him out of Switzerland :mitchell:

I hope Grassl didn’t fall on his chin to get that bruise. His jump technique is still sort of wild. (((Daniel)))

I have no desire watching Matteo through a weil or flesh coloured mesh!

Miura/Kihara😍😍😍

I didn’t watch dance, just a little, and they were doing twizzles and I miss being on the ice doing twizzles so badly, I couldn’t watch...:(

AngieNikodinovLove

I like the music too, but Jason's program is very "paint-by-the-numbers" and doesn't seem like much of a challenge to his interpretative skills. I thought it was an excellent choice when he announced it last year but David Wilson's choreo was bland as hell.

His short program to me seems more like the artistic program

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Based on WTT, Hamon & Strekalin are definitely France's best bet to qualify for the Olympic team event.

assuming they have a lady to be there, although I guess they could send someone for only the team event and not the singles events? Is that correct? I know the IOC assumed Plushenko was going to do the singles events, even if everybody else knew he was not, but if nobody qualifies the spot at Nebelhorn, what happens then?

Colonel Green

assuming they have a lady to be there, although I guess they could send someone for only the team event and not the singles events? Is that correct? I know the IOC assumed Plushenko was going to do the singles events, even if everybody else knew he was not, but if nobody qualifies the spot at Nebelhorn, what happens then?
A country that qualifies in three disciplines can bring a fourth person just for the team event (Israel did that last time, for instance). So France needs to get a lady or a pair at Nebelhorn.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
A country that qualifies in three disciplines can bring a fourth person just for the team event (Israel did that last time, for instance). So France needs to get a lady or a pair at Nebelhorn.
Ah, in that case ITA pairs is their best bet and then hope that MBM is healthy enough to at least do the team event even if she can't skate the single events. Which will be sad, but maybe she'll think it's better than nothing.

AngieNikodinovLove

I've never seen the show (is it a show?) but I just don't get it. No real melody, but nothing interestingly avant garde either, it's just a load of boring screechy horns and stuff. :blocjudge

You could not have summed it up better

AngieNikodinovLove

I just finished watching the ladies first group, about to watch the second group. I’m having a brain fart, who is that Italian girl I’ve liked the past two seasons that did the vampire program and then smudged her lipstick on her face? Did she compete at all this season?

J

Jeschke

Thoughts on WTT day 3:

Is it too much to demand getting a Queen-medley-exhibition by Nazarychev/Galliamov? :glamor:
Absolutely love Miura/Kihara! :love: So much progress!
DM/G. Sparks of their former self. Happy for such a sesaon end after the bad injury she's had.
CAN pair brought Dimitrescu music flashbacks for @rfisher :swoon:
CAN dudes looked so much hotter in knc with lumberjack shirt and mask on than on ice :p
SK/K first throw :swoon:
I dont want the suicidal quad throws back in pairs, but the sbs content is so brownesque and meh. Bring bad Stolbova's badass 3-3 or Zhang's 2a3t! Now!

Love love love the 'Once upon a time in the west' theme :swoon:
Sakamoto :respec: Was the dress always cut like that? :huh:

Memo @AngieNikodinovLove : :gallopin1 -awards are starting monday. each day new category.
(as far as I am getting ready in time :D)

J

Jeschke

I just finished watching the ladies first group, about to watch the second group. I’m having a brain fart, who is that Italian girl I’ve liked the past two seasons that did the vampire program and then smudged her lipstick on her face? Did she compete at all this season?
Gennaro.
Best known of winning MEEPOTS 2018.
Yap, she competed at ITA events, scoring around 140pts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information