#TeamTrainwreck 22: Every dark cloud has a pewter lining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabond

No offense because they are my sentimental favorites. But does anyone think they have World metal potential besides the fact they are already disqualified.
World Medal potential is not a Criterion.
Thank you, bossman! I was still typing my response when you posted that.
Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level

:gallopin1
Don't tell people in the other thread but does 4CC's really count for pairs :)
Yes, of course. It's so that we can screen out undesirables while leaving room for Chinese, Canadian, and American Pairs ranked about sixth or seventh in their own countries. :p

Vagabond

I do think it odd that we generally have more Ice Dance couples than Pairs on the Team. The potential to have both splats and the potential to be a top competitor is greater in Pairs than Ice Dance, yet it's the ice dancers who find ways to hop on the Train.

Cleo1782

No offense because they are my sentimental favorites. But does anyone think they have World metal potential besides the fact they are already disqualified.

I am probably one of their biggest fans and the answer would be no. But I did think they had some momentum in 2016 that was lost due to injuries. I think they could have managed a top 6 at one point. Plus, as of this year's skate America they still had the highest world standings of all the pairs in the event lol.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Rostelecom spot.
Ouch for Stasia :(
Great for Kiibus though, can't complain here, that she doesn't deserve it.
That surprised me. Stasia's Russian Cup score is virtually the same as Sofia's, even a tad higher, and Sofia gets to go. (Don't get me wrong, I prefer Sofia, I'm just surprised.)

mjb52

Some of these posts are so complex emotionally that I need multiple emoticons for each one to express my reactions. We need a technical upgrade to allow us to do this!

RoseRed

We all know best treatment is in Germany 😏

Serious note: :wuzrobbed I hope Folklore goes to Olympics then.
I too would love for someone to use a song from Taylor Swift's folkore at the Olympics ;)

On another note, I think I need a new picture, now that our boy's skating this program again in green velvet.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Surprised but very happy for Kiibus to get the CoR spot.

Hopefully Konstantinova gets a couple Challengers and slays at Nationals. I think she and Samodurova have my favorite programs of the season thus far (along with a shoutout to Guliakova's LP).

mjb52

I meant more that I need to be able to sad face one part of a post but like another! Sometimes it's too nuanced for just one.

S

SmallFairy

Get well soon (((Samarin)))!
I was about to write that too, they all go to Germany for treatment, so....;)

Really happy for Kiibus, she’s my spirited animal from last season, when we both travelled and competed like crazy weekend after weekend😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information