#TeamTrainwreck 22: Every dark cloud has a pewter lining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAOTMAA

I’m not that into dance, but I quite enjoyed Vika and Nikita, though he has this stupid grin plastered all over his face the entire dance. Vika moves really light and soft. They added Dvorak to my classical-music-at-Worlds-list.

Piper and Paul really created a moment and I’m very happy for them!
Remember the days when Viktoria could barely bend her knees and everyone said he dragged her across the ice? Girl has come a long long way :D

SamuraiK

Dance Final

Mum's children: the program is good but they do tend to lose energy at then end which is costly.
WTF Polish : Im glad they dropped but it only makes ESP losing the 2 spots by one place even more hurting.
Vogue : When the ISU realises the monster they have created with the overscoring of the choreo moves and decides to reduce their value or ban them, can we call it the Fear/Gibson rule?
CanDanish: a disgrace they dropped. The program is no their past flamenco but still taking advantage of their power strength.
Piccolinos: Meeh program but they keep improving each time. Really fast.
Legs & Puppy: Having the weakest of the programs dig them in. I dont have much negative to say but they seem really stagnated, always one step below the top.
Voidy & Voidier: The program is a beauty and so cohesive. I dont know if ir reaally deserved bronze but happy for them.
Snakegirl & Fluteboy: the judges bought the venom antidote :(
H&D: I love them and always powerful but this was really generic. I already forgot it.
Jerk & Girl In love: Unlike H&D this may be classic and done to death but still filled with so many choreo highlights that you end up thankful for watching it. Well deserved and now Echo & Narcissus know what is fear.

Overal because 90% of the teams kept their programs I feel like I finally catched up watching 2020 Worlds .

And I agree with Hanretty about the medal ceremony. Let's have the pairs/dance teams presenting their medals to each other from now on. Much better than shaking and kissing some old unknown federation dudes.

Best Dressed: Chock duuh
Do Hard : Bukin and Donohue

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Well, I guess the great kibosh is coming soon along with a new thread title? If all goes well, we'll be back to JGP in August! Russian test skates, Challengers, GP, Euros, 4CC and the greatest :watch: of all Nebelhorn.

SamuraiK

So with team event speculation... Fentz, Taschlerova/Taschler and one Italian lady could be going to Olympics as part of the team even thought they will not compete in the individual events. Im glad for them but that team circus needs to be gone soon.

It will be interesting though seeing P&C being forced to do both programs (if FRA qualifies) in the team event and which lady RUS decides to leave out.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
So with team event speculation... Fentz, Taschlerova/Taschler and one Italian lady could be going to Olympics as part of the team even thought they will not compete in the individual events. Im glad for them but that team circus needs to be gone soon.

It will be interesting though seeing P&C being forced to do both programs (if FRA qualifies) in the team event and which lady RUS decides to leave out.
The one pissed off enough to get her own damn gold medal

Amy L

This is the most all in I've gone on skaters in a long time and I hope it is a long time until it happens again because I understand now why Russians say they feel sick for/worry for instead of root for (I think? Google translate can be weird)

The word 'boleet', to be a fan of/cheer for does have connotations of feeling sick or empathetic for the object of your admiration. A true skating fan word if there ever was one.

SamuraiK

Cause is never too early for speculation.. contenders for the Nebelhorn Trophy bloodbath.

Im only including nations/skaters which I consider have a fighting chance..

Men
ARM - Hayrapetyan
AUS - Kerry
AUT - Zandron or the skinny kid which I forgot his name.
AZE - Litvintsev
CAN - Nguyen or Sadovsky.
FRA - Siao Him Fa
GER - Fentz
KOR - SiHyeong Lee? or is there anyone else?
MAS - Julian Yee (still competing??)
RUS - Aliev or Samarin or any other hopeless stamina boys.
TUR - Oktar
USA - Zhou or Hiwatashi or an up&coming kid (naumov, malinin)

So 12 for 7 spots. Not so bad.

Ladies
AUS - Craine
AUT - Any of the irrelevant girls our dear Vice loves
FRA - Meite or Serna or Mazzara
HKG - Yi Christy Leung
HUN - Toth (still competing??)
ITA - Anyone could go but with slim chances.
KAZ - Tursy comeback???
POL - Kurakova
SUI - Paganini
TPE - Ma
USA - Bell or Liu

11 for 6 spots. Relatively doable.

Pairs
BLR - they looked OK this week.
CHN - 3rd pair if CHN bothers to send them.
FRA - Hamon Strekalin
GEO - New Team very unlucky at this Worlds
ISR - Krasnapolski and whoever
PRK - what happened to their team?
USA - Calalang Johnson I guess

7 for 3 spots but this discipline is always a mistery with many new teams popping up and dissapearing at the same time.

Dance
ARM - Prouls Senecal
AUS - Harris Chan
CZE - Taschleorova Taschler
FIN - Turkkila Versluis
GEO - Kazakova Reviya
HUN - Yanovskaya Lukacs
ITA - Moscheni Fioretti
KOR - Min Eaton

8 for 4 spots but the competition here is fierece with all of them at a similar level except for Georgians.

Anyone Im missing?

shuilee

Ladies:
BLR - Viktoria Safonova (She's definitely a threat. PB is 64 in SP and 128 in LP, so she's got a good chance).

Pairs:
USA is not eligible. Not sure if PRK would show up. It might be not too bad with 5 teams for 3 spots.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Cause is never too early for speculation.. contenders for the Nebelhorn Trophy bloodbath.

Im only including nations/skaters which I consider have a fighting chance..

Men
ARM - Hayrapetyan
AUS - Kerry
AUT - Zandron or the skinny kid which I forgot his name.
AZE - Litvintsev
CAN - Nguyen or Sadovsky.
FRA - Siao Him Fa
GER - Fentz
KOR - SiHyeong Lee? or is there anyone else?
MAS - Julian Yee (still competing??)
RUS - Aliev or Samarin or any other hopeless stamina boys.
TUR - Oktar
USA - Zhou or Hiwatashi or an up&coming kid (naumov, malinin)

So 12 for 7 spots. Not so bad.

Ladies
AUS - Craine
AUT - Any of the irrelevant girls our dear Vice loves
FRA - Meite or Serna or Mazzara
HKG - Yi Christy Leung
HUN - Toth (still competing??)
ITA - Anyone could go but with slim chances.
KAZ - Tursy comeback???
POL - Kurakova
SUI - Paganini
TPE - Ma
USA - Bell or Liu

11 for 6 spots. Relatively doable.

Pairs
BLR - they looked OK this week.
CHN - 3rd pair if CHN bothers to send them.
FRA - Hamon Strekalin
GEO - New Team very unlucky at this Worlds
ISR - Krasnapolski and whoever
PRK - what happened to their team?
USA - Calalang Johnson I guess

7 for 3 spots but this discipline is always a mistery with many new teams popping up and dissapearing at the same time.

Dance
ARM - Prouls Senecal
AUS - Harris Chan
CZE - Taschleorova Taschler
FIN - Turkkila Versluis
GEO - Kazakova Reviya
HUN - Yanovskaya Lukacs
ITA - Moscheni Fioretti
KOR - Min Eaton

8 for 4 spots but the competition here is fierece with all of them at a similar level except for Georgians.

Anyone Im missing?
Men
AUT - I think you're thinking of Maierhofer
CAN - thought in the Canadian men's discussion and in the FS pbp discussion was Nam is more reliable so he's a better bet

Ladies
BLR - Safonova is a threat
CYP - Zingas - she had a great skate at Challenge Cup and could compete for a spot if she can replicate that

Pairs
GBR - maybe if Zoe & Chris can get more training time?
NED - Osipova/Epstein beat Danilova/Tsiba at Challenge Cup but didn't earn the Worlds min, they're a new team this season, so they're a possibility?
UKR - they had a team that had to WD from Worlds due to C19 beforehand
USA - not eligible

Dance
SUI - they had 2 teams who have Worlds TES but neither of them were assigned - not sure if they're still competing or what, but they're a possibility

Vagabond

I would just like to say that clearly my decision not to recommend Karen for Team Trainwreck a few years ago, lest she might actually be selected, was proven to be a wise & honorable decision this week.
She's still eligible, though.

Rather bizarrely, her Worlds results (4th, WD, 4th) are better than her Four Continents results (12th, 12th, 7th) and even her Grand Prix Results (4th at this season's "Petit Prix" Skate America but otherwise between 5th and 9th). That's trainwrecky.

:watch:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information