#TeamTrainwreck 22: Every dark cloud has a pewter lining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiK

There's a separate thread just for Mark in the K'n'C forum. ;)

And you're right, I was :love: :D about the decapitation pointed out. He also mentioned Richaud choreo re: Kiibus FS and a million other things. Basically every random detail that I love about skating or programs, he knows it. Needless to say, I'm in love. Mark :love:
The video of Sakamoto killing judges went viral in FS related media. So while he may not read FSU he must interact a lot on other platforms.

SamuraiK

Re LaTuk:
Thought about. I am anti 2 patron-saints.
Tuk can/should have a position for herself. Empress of #ttw or whatever,. I am open for suggestions here.

But no doubling, and then others starting to campaign because they want McKay for it too, and so on ... :p
I think the obvious was to made Leonova joined them and have the Holy Russian TTW trinity . That way you seal the gate for more inclutions.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Btw I am too lazy to scroll through all pbp. What is opinion about Hanretty commentating?
I really like it, good mix.
I bet @Hanna was :D as he pointed out Sakamoto's guillotine spiral being heavily discussed this season :rofl:

Is he what sounds like to be the guy with the thick Scottish accent and is also commentating on peacock? If so he. Sry knowledgeable on all four disciplines and boy is he knowledgeable on every single discipline and every single skater. Sometimes I have a bit of difficulty understanding him but I quite like this chap!! A true professional

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
We are going to need a special award class for Han Yan, who will not get the lone spot for Chinese Men, no matter how Boyang Jin skates.

Also, TTW or not, we wuzrobbed -- wuzrobbed I say -- of Hawayek bitchface after the FD score came up. Her eyes looked resigned :fragile:

S

SmallFairy

(((Han Yan)))
Such gorgeous skating. I could watch him all day. Beautiful, quiet program, that totally highlighted all his qualities. Le sigh.
I’m not ready to send him off.

S

SmallFairy

My heart when Misha skated. I was starting to hope he’d go clean. What a headcase I am, I never learn, never. Hope dies last. Delusional. #ttw :gallopin1

That program is a masterpiece. I bow to thee Averbukh. But the power of the shirt... look what happened!!!

S

SmallFairy

Classical music is not in fashion now. I haven’t watched all dance teams, but overall on top of my head I remember two Black Swan (OST, but mostly Tchaikovsky), two Rach 2, Vivaldi Four Seasons, Prokofiev Romeo and Juliet, and the most original choice; Anna S. skating to Jules Massenet. (Massive warhorse alarm on the rest).

Soooo, the use of contemporary composers like Glass gives me some will to live. Love you Nathan. Some other skater also used Glass, and of course there’s Michael Nyman, who’s clearly influenced by Glass, and all the other newer composers who clearly holds Glass as their first inspiration, like Ludovico Einaudi, Yan Tiersen and Max Richter.

Why am I writing this? ‘Cause I’m tired of the emo stuff!!!! (And Queen, and The Greatest Showman and...you get the picture!)

SamuraiK

Dance Group 1 & 2 Recap

UKRClowns - I have seen variations of this same theme for ages from these two. Try something new!!
French#3 - Again very intense like in the RD. I like them better than French #2.
JPN-Marriage - zzzzzzzzzzz
D+ck - I remember the program being voidier last season
French #2 - Too similar in style to their compatriots . Bye bye 2 spots, so this will be second dissapointment for Thauron.
Reed of the World - Aurora music! This is what should become fashionable. The skating lacked power though.
Parrots - Despite flashy costumes, not much carnival character in the dance.
CHN Swans - I also remember this being way more voidier last season.
Monko's Man - From waist up they ooze class but the skating is still not as confident. ESP battle drama is ON but I will be rooting for this team.
Bitchface & Leprechaun - Best skills so far but that program is a bore. Even with the mask I could sense her wanting to destroy the score screen with her eyes.

Best Dressed - Lajoie & Hurtado
Do Hard - Brissaud

screech

Nebelhorn will be brutal:
Romsky, Litvintsev, TUR guy, Fentz, Majorov, ISR guy, Samoilov,...and I am sure I am forgetting already some :drama:
I'm not so sure Romsky will be the one sent to Nebelhorn - I think Skate Canada will send the more consistent Nam (especially since was the one expected to get the Worlds spot), and then let all the men battle it out at Canadians.

J

Jeschke

I'm not so sure Romsky will be the one sent to Nebelhorn - I think Skate Canada will send the more consistent Nam (especially since was the one expected to get the Worlds spot), and then let all the men battle it out at Canadians.
Let my delusion live as long as possible :p

mjb52

This is the most all in I've gone on skaters in a long time and I hope it is a long time until it happens again because I understand now why Russians say they feel sick for/worry for instead of root for (I think? Google translate can be weird), just very happy for Vika and Nikita. They stuck with it, I don't know if I could have in their place.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
This is the most all in I've gone on skaters in a long time and I hope it is a long time until it happens again because I understand now why Russians say they feel sick for/worry for instead of root for (I think? Google translate can be weird), just very happy for Vika and Nikita. They stuck with it, I don't know if I could have in their place.
Well, I am happy for them, and I'd have been thrilled for Snakegirl to have bronze, but it wasn't to be. Last year they were on a roll and likely would have medaled, but they were off at Nationals and again here. Oh, well.

What a competition for Russia: 6/12 medals, 3 of them gold. The men did their job and got that 3rd option so all and all there should be a pretty happy plane ride home.

mjb52

Yes, it is really too bad for Chock/Bates, I for sure expected to see them on the podium. Gilles/Poirier seem like nice people though and it's good to see Canada staying in the game, since it's an important skating country.

NAOTMAA

Italy lose 2 spots
The way their season was going it really did feel like they were in the process of throwing away their easiest chance for a world title. I’m thrilled it came together and they won. Now on to Beijing!!!!

S

SmallFairy

I’m not that into dance, but I quite enjoyed Vika and Nikita, though he has this stupid grin plastered all over his face the entire dance. Vika moves really light and soft. They added Dvorak to my classical-music-at-Worlds-list.

Piper and Paul really created a moment and I’m very happy for them!

J

Jeschke

Boss on FD

Thanks @levineismine; this was fun :nopryde:
Doggo and live is better, but until then online has to do!

S/K. Pure class. I don't care it's the same classic all over again. I know it was clever move by P/C to be out and everyone longing them to be back and handing OGM, but I just love the S/K.
H/B. @levineismine @Ka3sha :cheer:
G/P. This really got me. Even it's a bit 2.0. @Hanna :cheer: I am curious what they will bring next season.
C/B. They would have been close to gold last season. Momentum gone. Tragic.
S/B. He is so damn hot. With mask without mask. With grin or without.
G/F. Wished the program would live up to my expectations and not mix music.
GBR. There is not enough 'meh' to put in here. Seriously. TES WTF!?!
FB/S. :love:
Z/G. Mama pleased? I always said outside Top10 they're not safe for next season. Right now, I would not doubt their spot. Classic please though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information