Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad for Skating

Instagram predictions just told me that I will be delusional in 2020 :rofl:
Why am I not surprised?

That's the TTW spirit!

Btw, Lim with another mini-meltdown off the worlds team :drama:
It's not out fault, is it? :shuffle:

That should be enough to get her on the team!

Postergirl heard of the TES rise and takes things into her own hands for the team 💪🏼 :D

Slay, queen! She looks absolutely stunning!

Dobre

I understand it's "within the rules".

It makes no sense. If they want to raise the minimum scores, do it at the beginning of the season, and give the skaters a chance to qualify for Worlds.

I'd guess it's all about scheduling. They cannot know how many athletes will earn the minimums at the start of the season so they reserve the right to change the minimums--in this case raise them--if it looks like there will be too many or too few warmup groups at Worlds for the schedule. No, it's not fair to do in the middle of the season. But if the priority is the schedule over the athletes, then there is no way to predict how many athletes will meet a minimum score in advance. I'll agree that priority is the wrong priority, but there's probably nothing we can do about it.

Of course I'm sure Team Trainwreck could create a more arbitrary method for them to use to cut athletes. (No R&J programs? No Moulin Rouge? No In This Shirt? No programs with annoying leg lifts/butt spins/whatever-causes-death-in-one's-soul?

I'm fully in support of no Muse:biggrinbo.

That should be enough to get her on the team!

Eunsoo is already on the team. I believe due to your nomination? Which would mean you are the catalyst for said mini meltdown, correct?:COP: Or was it pinky or someone else who nominated Eunsoo, and I am remembering incorrectly?

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
It makes no sense. If they want to raise the minimum scores, do it at the beginning of the season, and give the skaters a chance to qualify for Worlds.

Changing the goalposts two months before Worlds, after the Challenger series (and most international events) have concluded is not fair.
The reason they gave for adding minimums is to control the number of skaters at Championships, which is why, since minimums were first added, they retain the right to adjust them to limit the total number of skaters in the short program.

Vagabond

Eunsoo is already on the team. I believe due to your nomination? Which would mean you are the catalyst for said mini meltdown, correct?:COP: Or was it pinky or someone else who nominated Eunsoo, and I am remembering incorrectly?

It was da pinky. Da new, serious pinky.

:respec:

Pressman isn't hiking this evening. :cold:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
The reason they gave for adding minimums is to control the number of skaters at Championships, which is why, since minimums were first added, they retain the right to adjust them to limit the total number of skaters in the short program.

I still don't like it.

It's not like many ladies have even qualified for Worlds with tech minimums the past couple months. Surely the ISU Council realized they had too many skaters (which I find to be BS, but whatever) several months ago.

At least give the skaters a chance and announce the change in October. Many probably still wouldn't make it. But they deserve more than one or two competitions' notice that the qualifications for Worlds have changed.

J

Jeschke

Ukolova is taking year of because of University (bachelor degrees) but I doubt she would ever get back.
We just ignore the 2nd part of this and live in happy delusion. :cheer:
Jiri B. is getting a fresh blood, get together in his head and starting to wok on 3A and 3 Quads but if he ever succeed is a big mystery to everyone.
Rizzo 4t
Schott 3f3t.
All I am sayin!
#oneday

J

Jeschke

Mad for Skating

Oops, I forgot! I had exams this week!

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
Schott finally said it: Goal for Euros Top 10, but she thinks all is possible from 4th to 10th.
'I wanna be the best of the rest.' That's the spirit :respec:
(mentioned before 3A's will have their own competition)

I’m a sucker for a realistic attitude.
Go Schott, get that pewter!!

Mad for Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information