Am back from holidays and can finally bring some info and links :rofl:

Ignatov landing 4Lo and 4S-3A

Also, a very nice interview with him

More pics and videos from winter shows:

And I bought tickets to the Large Calibre Weapon’s show:saint:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
It’s now 30 in SP and 51 in LP

Ugh. When did they raise it? I thought the ISU was maintaining the same minimums this season last.

They just can't change them in the middle of the season. Seems totally unfair. #meltdownupcoming

Dasa fandom aside, I don't like this AT ALL. The minimums were completely fine as they were. Absolutely no need to raise them. The level was more than good enough. :fragile:

Last edited:

Gris

不做奴才做公民
If she got 32.80 at the last Worlds, shouldn't things be fine if the minimum is 30? Or do last season's scores not count anymore? :fragile:

She still has the SP TES minimum. It’s the one for FS - she had 50.83 at last Worlds and now the minimum is raised from 49 to 51.

Edit: She actually had a higher one, 50.88 at Golden Spin last season.

Hanna

Skating junkie
She still has the SP TES minimum. It’s the one for FS - she had 50.83 at last Worlds and now the minimum is raised from 49 to 51.
Ah ok, thanks! Somehow I got the impression from alchemy void's post that it was the SP that was the problem.

Anyway, :fragile: . Now she just needs to deliver a killer skate at Euros! :kickass: But it sucks how they change it mid-season - what a sudden disappointment for all who now have to start chasing the minimums again. And it's not like there's much time left. :fragile:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Ah ok, thanks! Somehow I got the impression from alchemy void's post that it was the SP that was the problem.

Anyway, :fragile: . Now she just needs to deliver a killer skate at Euros! :kickass: But it sucks how they change it mid-season - what a sudden disappointment for all who now have to start chasing the minimums again. And it's not like there's much time left. :fragile:

I am so wound up I was thinking it was the SP, too. :)

But this is such bullshit. The minimums were completely fine as is and no need to raise them.

However, if the ISU decides they want/need to raise the minimums, they need to be clearly set and communicated AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON.

Changing the minimum requirement for Worlds two thirds of the way into the season is INSANE. Totally unfair to so many skaters. It effects how you train and prepare for the season. Absolutely ridiculous.

This legit pisses me off. #justice4dasa

Sylvia

TBD
Dasa Grm seems to be recovering from some sort of injury, based on her recent Instagram stories, so I just hope she will be better by Euros.

She has until Monday, February 24, 2020 to get the FS minimum (Challenge Cup in The Hague would be the last comp. before the deadline).

Vagabond

However, if the ISU decides they want/need to raise the minimums, they need to be clearly set and communicated AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON.

Changing the minimum requirement for Worlds two thirds of the way into the season is INSANE. Totally unfair to so many skaters. It effects how you train and prepare for the season. Absolutely ridiculous.
The ISU has said for several seasons that it might adjust the TES minimums up or down 45 days or more before a Championship. The fact that it hasn't done so previously does not make doing so now unfair.

I doubt that anyone here would be complaining if the ISU had lowered the minimums instead of raising them.

J

Jeschke

I can’t support Grm live in Graz.
Boss will have another binge with @levineismine for Ladies FS (her favourite 😝 24 chicks!!!) and Ice Dance FD here in 🇩🇪!

But if Dasa goes to Bavarian Open, I will go for the 1-day-trip to squeak my heart out!
(In memory of NHT 2017 @Hanna :D)

Last edited by a moderator:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
The ISU has said for several seasons that it might adjust the TES minimums up or down 45 days or more before a Championship. The fact that it hasn't done so previously does not make doing so now unfair.

I doubt that anyone here would be complaining if the ISU had lowered the minimums instead of raising them.

I understand it's "within the rules".

It makes no sense. If they want to raise the minimum scores, do it at the beginning of the season, and give the skaters a chance to qualify for Worlds.

Changing the goalposts two months before Worlds, after the Challenger series (and most international events) have concluded is not fair.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Is it based on the super high TES set by the 3As during the GP events? I mean who besides them are coming close to those scores, but they'd certainly raise the average.

Hanna

Skating junkie
I understand it's within their own rules but that doesn't mean I don't find it :fragile: that some skaters now have to start the chasing job all over again and with only 6 weeks to spare. Had they lowered the minimums that would've been happy news for some skaters but sad for none. And I always want happy. :p Still, it would feel more fair if they announced the criteria at the beginning of the season and it couldn't be changed.

Edit: @alchemy void beat me to it. :lol:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Is it based on the super high TES set by the 3As during the GP events? I mean who besides them are coming close to those scores, but they'd certainly raise the average.

I don't think so. I'm guessing the ISU Council realized there were going to be more ladies qualifying for Worlds than they wanted, so they raised the minimum TES to eliminate a few skaters.

She has until Monday, February 24, 2020 to get the FS minimum (Challenge Cup in The Hague would be the last comp. before the deadline).

Thank you, @Sylvia, for the competition info. Your measured response is always appreciated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information