#TeamTrainwreck 12: Done in by a World of Fun!

SamuraiK

So the ISU site is down which means in a few hours we will know GP assignments:

My predictions for the Team:

Konstantinova - 2 events
Lecavelier - 2 events
Leonova - ZERO
Park - 0 but slight chance for host spot if KOR accepted to host the COC vacancy.
Sakhanovich - Zero
Schott - 1 event

Radio and Tuk : Not on the team. They are an illusion.

Aliev - 2 events
Aymoz - 1 event
Nadeau - 1 event
Sadovsky - 1 event
Samohin - 2 events

Peng / Jin - 2 events

Fournier / Sorensen - not elegible
Stavitskaya - LOL she needs a partner first and Loras is not interested.

SamuraiK

Rad and Tuk are Ghost members.

Remember Michal says he's not retired (he's delusional, but whatever), and should be offered 2 as well.

He's not guaranteed any (out of both Top 24 SB and WS lists) so if he actually gets 1 it will be on just past reputation rather than merit.

SamuraiK

One of the best free skates of the entire men's competition at Worlds, IMO.

Brezina is VERY team trainwreck.

Lol when the whole final group at Worlds except for Chen basically swept the ice with their asses, that was not such a high accomplishment. But yeah if Brezina continues he's TT poster boy.

SamuraiK

So , FINLAND got the vacant GP event!!:eek::eek: I wonder for what reason did KOR decline and will this mean no Finlandia Trophy this year??? Anyway, I know FIN will be great hosts but we lose seeing a more deserving korean field in the circuit:

Im guessing:
Ladies: Peltonen, Lindfors, Saarinen???
Men: Virtanen, Galay, Papp?
Pairs: 3 free spots for everybody :cheer:
Dance: Torn/Partanen, Turkiila/Versluis, 1 free spot.

Last edited:

SamuraiK

So mandy random WtF assignemnts but all exciting!! Quick random thoughts:

Men:
*Yee, Lee, Aymoz, Reynolds, Zandron , Paniot, Fentz, Harris , Erokhov and Lazukin beneffited from the post olympic retirements.
*Denis Ten still competing! only 1 event though :(
*Nothing outraging here but I wish Kerry had 2 events and Carrillo and Hayrapetyan were invited. I think every skater that made the LP at Worlds should get 1 event at the least.

Ladies:
*Full rosters for RUS and JPN !!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
* Rika Hongo is the only single skater from the Top SB/WS lists to only get 1 event :(:(
*Samodurova debuting right away
* NO more Perkova @alchemy void my condolences
*Shiraiwa sneaking in!
*FIN only using 1 spot!!:wall: This is their best discipline and a huge opportunity wasted.
*Hicks and Wang getting reaaally lucky
*Happy for Gracie making a comeback.
*Lots of OES skaters missing but that's a consequence of the JPN/RUS dominance.

Pairs:
*No more Marchei/Hotarek :(
*Where the hell are Stolbova and Klimov !:mad:
*US Pairs benefitting big time from all the retirements.
*TBD FIN pairs spot?? For who???
*Esbrat/Novoselov only team on the SB/WS lists only getting 1 event.

Dance:
*No more Cappellini/Lanotte and Coomes/Buckland . They will be missed.
*RUS inviting the armenian team not checking first they have already split!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
*Lots of lesser ranked teams making their debuts: Muller/Dieck (@Jeschke congrats), both young GB teams, Yanovskaya/Lukacs, Reed/Ambrulevicius.
*Carreira/Ponomarenko making their senior jump already. Ambitious.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
FYI yesterday I totally predicted Finalnd would host China's GP spot... :sekret:

I also remember reading years ago Finland had some interest in showcasing Finlandia as a Grand Prix event. You could convert Finlandia into a Grand Prix event, two week break, then SKAM, Skate Canada, a week break, and CoR and NHK. That's not ideal, but actually not half bad.

* NO more Perkova @alchemy void my condolences

It's okay, I didn't expect her to initially get selected for an event. I still think she will get an invite as a substitution. :40beers:

SamuraiK

It's okay, I didn't expect her to initially get selected for an event. I still think she will get an invite as a substitution. :40beers:

The problem is RUS has maximised its spots so Perkova could only be a substitute if another russian lady withdraws.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
The problem is RUS has maximised its spots so Perkova could only be a substitute if another russian lady withdraws.

Stop trying to break my delusional spirit! :lol: I really don't find GP assignments all that exciting...I greatly prefer when we start getting Challenger and C event rosters. :shuffle:

Anyways, no GP for Sima. Hopefully this means she's still gonna try to represent France.

J

Jeschke

Time we fire this thread up again. Season is coming :40beers:

Bossman thoughts on GP assignments:

Men:
- Happy for CAN puppies Romsky and Elvis, now give this TBD to Orzel so, we have the :gallopin1-3 all!
- UKR puppy :encore:(redeem yourself from that olympic outing!)
- Adultrizzo 2 GP'S :respec:
- Bychenko still skating? :huh: @SmallFairy might be pleased.
- Besseghier still skating? Aymoz for TBD
- Fentz, at least one :respec:
- Dimitriev? Seriously russian fed? only @alchemy void might be pelased by that. (((Petrov))) (((Shulepov))) It's a new cycle and they come up with that old ungracious horse....

Ladies:
- Perkova :wuzrobbed End of an era
- Schott 2x and with potentiel WS points line-up! Go girl! :respec:
- Only one FIN TBD? I love that this will fire up the bitching between them. But big opportunity wasted here (for Schott getting secure WS points :EVILLE:)
- Stasia 2x :respec: Queen Tuk 2x:respec: Panenkova 2x :violin:
- Samodurova, hell yeah bitchez! :encore:
- TBD RUS, go Pogo, go! :encore:
- GG? :rofl: Can't wait.
- Park :drama:
- Zhang for TBD USA :rofl:

Pairs:
- 2x Efimova/Korovin :encore: (go and make a statement!)
- RUS in change, I like that though (though no fan of the 2 other pairs coming up)
- Li skating pairs and singles, anf getting already a pairs spot :rofl:
- Susie! :drama:
- pairs roster sucks.

Dance:
- Dieck on GP! :yikes: How the hell did that happen? Did he just get Joti's spot? Has @Loves_Shizuka had some secret dark back alley meetings with officials?
- Babybuckland, Babyfirus :encore:
- Nazarova/Nikitin are russian now? :rofl:

RoseRed

Time we fire this thread up again. Season is coming :40beers:

Men:
- Happy for CAN puppies Romsky and Elvis, now give this TBD to Orzel so, we have the :gallopin1-3 all!
- UKR puppy :encore:(redeem yourself from that olympic outing!)
- Adultrizzo 2 GP'S :respec:
- Bychenko still skating? :huh: @SmallFairy might be pleased.
- Besseghier still skating? Aymoz for TBD
- Fentz, at least one :respec:
- Dimitriev? Seriously russian fed? only @alchemy void might be pelased by that. (((Petrov))) (((Shulepov))) It's a new cycle and they come up with that old ungracious horse....

Ladies:
- Perkova :wuzrobbed End of an era
- Schott 2x and with potentiel WS points line-up! Go girl! :respec:
- Only one FIN TBD? I love that this will fire up the bitching between them. But big opportunity wasted here (for Schott getting secure WS points :EVILLE:)
- Stasia 2x :respec: Queen Tuk 2x:respec: Panenkova 2x :violin:
- Samodurova, hell yeah bitchez! :encore:
- TBD RUS, go Pogo, go! :encore:
- GG? :rofl: Can't wait.
- Park :drama:
- Zhang for TBD USA :rofl:

Pairs:
- 2x Efimova/Korovin :encore: (go and make a statement!)
- RUS in change, I like that though (though no fan of the 2 other pairs coming up)
- Li skating pairs and singles, anf getting already a pairs spot :rofl:
- Susie! :drama:
- pairs roster sucks.

Dance:
- Dieck on GP! :yikes: How the hell did that happen? Did he just get Joti's spot? Has @Loves_Shizuka had some secret dark back alley meetings with officials?
So ISU. They made Z/E American, but only for one of their two events.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story

Dance:

Dieck ISU ranking 46, seasons best ranking 39, is not so surprising as
Babybuckland ISU ranking 101, seasons best ranking 46!

Ka3sha

Good:
Helsinki got a GP event :cheer2:
I already planned trip to Moscow, so that means 2 GP events for me this year

Bad:
Line ups at CoR and Helsinki are too similar :(
And we have Hanyu at both events -> means it would be hard to get good tickets :wall:

Time to start thinking about changing plans and going to Russian test skates instead of CoR

Last edited:

Ka3sha

Fan fact: Dmitriev was 39th on SB list, ahead of Ponsart, Harris, Sadovsky and few others, all of whom got an event or even two.
Also he placed 5th at Russian Nationals and was included in the Russian main team for the next season, so it was actually predictable that the Fed will give his one of the host spots (same for Evdokimova/Bazin).

Dobre

Dance:
- Dieck on GP! :yikes: How the hell did that happen? Did he just get Joti's spot?

No, Mueller & Dieck got their own. Even if double invites had been handed out straight from top to bottom, M&D would have gotten invited. (Lots of dance teams got out, split, or are skipping the GP).

Dieck ISU ranking 46, seasons best ranking 39, is not so surprising as Babybuckland ISU ranking 101, seasons best ranking 46!

Even that makes sense when you look at how they did it. The dance assignments were much more straightforward this season than last year. I didn't realize how straightforward until I went through & wrote up the replacement list below. The host countries went pretty much straight down the SB list & passed out two berths to everyone who is still competing & hasn't split. Until they got to Min & Gamelin. Then they gave one berth to everyone below that down through Mansourova & Ceska.

With the exception of lower ranked host spots, I only see two anomalies. Both are teams that were invited to Rostelecom. Carreira & Ponomarenko #35 got a second nonhost berth there--a bit of a surprise as I thought they might need the host berth at SA but not too shocking considering their WS is higher than everybody on the replacement list and considering Anthony's family connections in Russia. And Koch & Nuchtern were skipped over for Garabedian & Proulx-Senecal. (Unless Koch & Nuchtern have split, in which case Russia just went right down the line & invited the next team). Garabedian is on ice partner search so someone else is still likely to get that spot.

The top ten teams on the replacement list. Top 9 all have one berth already.
DANCE
1. Min & Gamelin-34
2. Fear & Gibson-36
3. Evdokimova & Bazin-38
4. Muller & Dieck-39
5. Yanovskaya & Lukacs-42
6. Reed & Ambrulevicius-43
7. Torn & Partanen-45
8. Tweedale & Buckland-46
9. Mansourova & Ceska-48
10. Koch & Nuchtern-51

Ka3sha

@Ka3sha what are the rumors about Susie and Fedor?????
Have no idea. They have said that they want to continue but it was a month or two ago..
Ksenia is in France right now, choreographing program for Chtchetinina/Akulov (SUI) with Nikolai Morozov

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information