RPDR S10 - let the games begin!

berthesghost

Haven't watched untucked yet... But

Aquaria: 100% props for turning your weaknesses into strengths, picking a character who is just as vague as you are and somehow making it funny as heck. Snatch has always had some 180d surprises and this is a masterclass in how someone takes being a likely bottom two and turning it into a surprise top 3. And her runway is always stunning. That being said, I never saw her win coming. I thought for sure it was either eureka or Monet or maybe even a double shared win. Never for a second saw aquaria as higher than 3rd. Oh well, I guess there's always room for another violet.

Monet: I'm so "wuz robbed" for her right now. That is a hard character to sell, much harder than honey boo boo wh sells herself, but she made it work. She stole the show IMHO and although milania was a great surprise, it was only the ott antics of honey that I was afraid would outshine what was really the best character realization.

Cracker: like Monet, I'm sad someone who's been so good has made it this far without any wins, but she really. Should. Have used snatch to excel and instead she just flatlined. Her and kameron had safe written all over them, but mostly because the bottom 3 were so epically bad.

That lip sync! I thought for a minute it would be a double elimination it was so bad. But it's good reality tv to keep a clearly bitter and off her head jealous vixen on especially since the other girls are so done with her.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
The Vixen is just not a nice person. One of those people that won't accept that maybe they are the problem, not everyone else around them. And to call out Eureka as unprofessional was totally unprofessional. Eureka was hilarious in Snatch Game. Great choice of character and I only saw her responding when being spoken to. I didn't see Eureka also talking all over everyone else like the others were.

I also thought Monet did a great job as Maya Angelou. I think it is good when even if you don't know much about the person, you understand what they were. And as much as I am not a fan of Aquaria, she really excelled in both Snatch Game and runway look.

After this episode, Beyonce should be banned as a character. She just doesn't work.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The only possible next steps for Vixen are a sashay or a redemption arc. I want to like her, but just can’t with all the bullying and denial.

berthesghost

The only thing missing from Vixen's untucked rant was a mirror. :lol: a loud queen who talks over everyone else and when called out on her obnoxious personality tells people they just have to deal with her being who she is? Is she still talking about eureka or herself?

And was I the only one yelling at the screen for Monique to put on headphones and learn the damn song? :lol:

antmanb

My only complaints are trying to find untucked on youtube! Some annoying twat keeps uploading hour long links to pirate TV shows under the tag of untucked with pictures from the show and then spamming youtube with hundreds of the same upload.

I hope the Vixen goes this week I've had enough of her.

Also do the queens get a list of the show categories before they come on the show so they can bring/buy/make appropriate outfits? It seems highly unlikely that all the queens have a mermaid outfit in the wardrobe by chance and we weren't told that they had to make these for the runway...and most looked like professionally made costumes anyway.

berthesghost

Yes, they get the runway themes ahead of time so they can pack appropriate stuff. Only the sewing challenges are made on the show

Aussie Willy

Well it was about time the Vixen went. However I did kind of feel sorry for her after Asia's chat to her because I really think Asia hit the nail right on the head.

I am so glad Kameron won the challenge. Her response to the Vixen was very sensible.

berthesghost

It was a very weird episode.

I agree that Asia’s “intervention” with vixen came off as sweet. But vixen was spot on when she said it was a tall order to win 3 LSFYLs in a row. Plus she was low the week before that. She’d dug herself a hole that was almost impossible to climb out of. My only fear was that she was being kept until the end to play phi phi/ alexis/ Roxy to eureka’s Sharon/ raja/ jinx. Asia was spot on in her assessment because vixen isn’t totally off base that eureka gets heaps of praise for rather mundane performances. I don’t know why they praised vixen runway though as she is too “crafty” imo. Things you bring from home shouldn’t look like you made them on the show as part of a challenge.

Kameron’s win was kinda :blah: as I feel this was two weeks in a row Monet wuz robbed because of her unpolished runway. The challenge was really weird imo as why should all queens be expected to be able to mimic Cher? It’s not a general dance, acting or sewing challenge. An impersonate Cher and sing live challenge is so oddly specific. And why did not a single person mention kameron being chad’s drag daughter the entire episode?

Gurl, did the confessionals sound extra dull with Monique gone.

And for all of her often sane and sage advice to others, Asia often comes off as clueless in untucked. Seriously gurl, your Beyoncé snatch game was so epically bad it was literally a gift that you were not in the bottom two, and your Diana Ross was clearly the worst, why are you going off about glitter fabric?

Willin

I think Monet would have won if her runway wasn't so bad. Kameron wasn't as good in the Cher challenge, but that was splitting hairs. On the runway, Kameron won that battle. Either way, I hope those two both make it to the finale. They're both really fun to watch.

just tuned in

Asia's intervention with the Vixen was pure genius and a fine art. Conflict resolution training programs need to use it as a demo. (And later, she went salty. Whyyyyy?)

Other thing I learned was that Vixen does not wash the back of her neck. That was just a mess. Good luck to those who have to vacuum glitter.

Willin

@berthesghost I don't know for sure. I don't think Cher's gone down the Prince route of all out media blackouts for songs, and Cher likes the show, so I wouldn't imagine that would be a barrier. I suspect the label was asking for a lot of $$$ in royalties.

berthesghost

This is getting really tough. Although I suspect at this point we do have a top 3 and #s4-6 I just wish it was flipped.
Then, it’s typical. Trixi, Katya, Detox, Pandora, Alyssa, Ongina, Willam... some of the shows biggest breakout stars were not in the top 3.

Dr.Siouxs

Kind of :yawn: last two episodes. I'm not sure who the producers are grooming for top 4...probably Eureka, Asia, Aquaria, and...Monet? Maybe? Cracker isn't serving it like I thought she would

I'm still gutted Monique Heart is gone, she was the (fake) tits. :fragile:

FiveRinger

This is getting really tough. Although I suspect at this point we do have a top 3 and #s4-6 I just wish it was flipped.
Then, it’s typical. Trixi, Katya, Detox, Pandora, Alyssa, Ongina, Willam... some of the shows biggest breakout stars were not in the top 3.
Exactly. RPDR is great for exposure. I would want to win just for my pride's sake. But I would definitely be ok if I didn't. Hell, this is the first episode that Vanessa Vanjie Mateo wasn't mentioned and she was eliminated week 1!

Last edited:

Aussie Willy

Vanjie is doing okay from a couple of clips I have seen floating around on the internet. She got mentioned at the premiere of Bianca's new movie, took the stage and stole the show. I daresay she may come back in All Stars.

berthesghost

Gosh, cracker’s review with a Jew was so sad this week. I hope it means she had some sort of redemption in the show, even if we can see from drag con that she’s doing just fine.

just tuned in

Wow, I did not see that coming.... I will miss Monet. She did not have her normal energy for the LSFYL, but I think it should have been Aquaria in the bottom two.

I am very tired of watching Eureka trying to get into Kameron's pants.

Aceon6

I’m going to miss Monet. I’m sure she’ll be fine. And Aquaria and Eureka need to sashay before it’s too late. Aquaria is starting to get a redemption edit which worries me.

berthesghost

I’d heard of Kingsley and Trevor before but didn’t really know them. All the others I literally had to look up :lol:

Aussie Willy

I enjoyed the challenge and I loved how the guys just went along with it and enjoyed it. Particularly "Cookie".

antmanb

I loved the make over episode it was really interesting to see how they all transformed. I loved Miz Cookie too, and i'm glad that Cracker finally won a challenge.

I agree that Aqauria should have been in the bottom two.

berthesghost

I agree that Aqauria should have been in the bottom two.
i can’t wait until next week when she informs the other queens that she wasn’t in the bottom 3, what they saw and heard for themselves was wrong, she was clearly safe or even top 3 as the judges didn’t say all negative things :lol:

With both Monique and Monet gone, there goes most of our confessional entertainment. Asia’s quips can’t singlehandedly make us laugh, especially since they usually were from her interaction with the other black queens. Asia and cracker complaining about how annoying aquaria and eureka are aren’t going to be very funny especially since we too are growing tired of them.

berthesghost

Ugh. Just ugh.
This is the point at which I just walked away from s7. I wonder if I’ll even watch next week.
But beyond the obvious I’m just butt hurt because my favs are all gone, did these past two eliminations seem a tad off to anyone? Especially this one with the “the challenge was specifically for her and she failed it” comment. Like since when has ru been vindictive? That was like “way harsh Tai”

Willin

@berthesghost I'm just more confused in general. They've gotten rid of most if not all of the fan favorites (but Aquaria, but it seems people are mad at how much Ru loves her), promoted queens that fans don't like (Eureka), and changed the edits the queens get in confusing ways (Asia from pageant queen edit to runner-up edit, Kameron from middle-of-the-pack forgettable edit to a shady edit, Eureka from the villain edit to a frontrunner-esque edit, etc.). More egregiously they tried to set up a rivalry between Cracker and Aquaria, and then dropped that as anything other than a throwaway line or two after the first episode (When, coincidentally, people pointed out that the two were actually friends).
The worst part is that those changes occurred within the span of about one episode. One episode they were all the first, and then the next the producers had decided to change their character entirely. Like, I get it's a reality show with real people involved and people can change and all, but they can't change that dramatically in a week. They need to figure out how to make their edits coherent if they're going to make them.

It also seems like they're playing obvious favorites with some queens. I still don't get Aquaria's looks - they seem kind of basic and repetitive. This episode actually had some of her more unique looks and I still didn't think of them as that groundbreaking for her. Still, other fans like her looks, so I'll give the show a pass on that one.
Eureka still being there just baffles me. She tends to wear the same look week after week (a la Bianca Del Rio), but unlike Bianca she's never called out on it. It was annoying when they said it made the look "coherent" this week instead of calling her out on it. I may not get Aquaria's looks, but at least they're each unique and look more expensive/difficult to make and expensive than anything Eureka puts on the runway. TBH I wonder if they're just being nice out of guilt for what happened last season.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I don't understand why Eureka is being promoted as the star of the season, getting a good edit, and being well-received by people especially on social media. To me, she's super insecure, and whenever she doesn't succeed or understand what to do in a challenge, she has an excuse or backstory as to why she can't do something. She's done well, but she's not a star. And yes, she always looks the same and she has a lot of opinions for someone who is obviously so insecure.

I think Rupaul sees Violet-esque ability in Aquaria, but she's not exactly engaging. She's just kinda there with really fantastic looks. Maybe she's grown since it was taped last year.

If Kameron wins, it shows, to an extent, that you can finish last in every single challenge, win the lip sync, and then get to the finals (which I'm guessing follow S9 format of all four lip syncing in one-on-one battles for the crown) and potentially even win-- meaning the lip sync is the only thing that matters.

Agree with the shifty editing- especially Asia from the one helping everyone to the evil one.

Ms. Cracker was my favorite of those left, but now I suppose I'm rooting for Aquaria by default.

The finale was taped last night, at which point I'm guessing they did the lip syncs with a bunch of different endings so that the audience wouldn't be sure of who won. I have to think a part of why Rupaul does these finales a year after taping because she wants to gauge how the public sees all of the queens.

BTW- Willam recently went in-depth about why she was disqualified from S4 and a lot of the other goings-on behind the scenes of the show. http://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/1...ce-experience-including-her-disqualification/

berthesghost

It really is Deja vu all over again. Why didn't they just replay s7 instead of retaping it with different less interesting actors.
Two biggest stars get sent home 6th and 5th (trixie&katia/Monet&cracker)
Vague queen with no personality who can only serve lurks (violet/aquaria)
Big girl who can be fun but also loud and abrasive (ginger/eureka)
Pretty boy who can sometimes wake up and be present but is mostly just asleep (pearl/ kameron)
Tired pageant queen who can sometimes turn a fierce lurk but who's bitter saltiness leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth (Kennedy/Asia)

Aceon6

Some of my least favorites are in the final 4. I don’t get Aquaria. Has anyone seen her perform? Yeah, she’s cute, but does she have anything else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information