RPDR Season 13

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Anyone else watched the first episode of Drag Race Down Under?

I think it started off well. The acting mini-challenge was entertaining. Karen from Finance is probably the hot favourite. The lipsynch was actually pretty funny.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Anyone else watched the first episode of Drag Race Down Under?

I think it started off well. The acting mini-challenge was entertaining. Karen from Finance is probably the hot favourite. The lipsynch was actually pretty funny.
Thanks for the reminder!!

Jayar

Definitely not a plus sized All Stars. I've seen the cast for the next AS, the AS International version, and the All Winners cast. None of them are a plus sized season.

FiveRinger

Definitely not a plus sized All Stars. I've seen the cast for the next AS, the AS International version, and the All Winners cast. None of them are a plus sized season.
I'm OK with that. As a plus sized person, I would prefer to see the "right" person crowned as opposed to person who is representing the cause of the moment at that particular point in time.

mackiecat

Why didn’t the 3 runway looks count for anything in the finale. Kandy should have been cut after them...and perhaps Rose. Putting Gottmik and Simone into the final. Wow Gottmik is not a good lip synch. I sometimes wonder if not bring in the bottom can be a detrimen. However I watched a YouTuber who claimed production knew she was bad at lip synch so made sure she was never in the bottom.

FiveRinger

Why didn’t the 3 runway looks count for anything in the finale. Kandy should have been cut after them...and perhaps Rose. Putting Gottmik and Simone into the final. Wow Gottmik is not a good lip synch. I sometimes wonder if not bring in the bottom can be a detrimen. However I watched a YouTuber who claimed production knew she was bad at lip synch so made sure she was never in the bottom.
Kandy should have been gone at the first group challenge with the winners group before episode 4. Only Morris the cat had more lives. I could bitch about this season all of the way to the afterlife. But the right queen won, so I guess I have to be satisfied. I throw up in my mouth slightly just because Kandy will forever be 1st runner up of Season 13. First in a line of losers sounds better.

FiveRinger

All Stars 6 Starts Thursday June 24
Friends know I was a fan and sent me a link. This is new. The producers have released an intro to the queens AND the workroom entrances of all of the queens in this video.

Thoughts.....I'm still salty about Season 13. I don't know that I'll watch. But I look forward to the entrances every Season. They were first so I watched. There were some nice surprises. There are also a number of queens getting their 3rd shot at the crown. I won't spoil, but I'm over that. There is one queen that I can get behind getting a 3rd chance. Once you see who the queens are I'll see if we agree. There was one queen I thought that actually came back from the dead.

The video is an hour, a treat. But I don't know if I can get vested enough behind these queens to watch this season.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
All Stars 6 Starts Thursday June 24
Friends know I was a fan and sent me a link. This is new. The producers have released an intro to the queens AND the workroom entrances of all of the queens in this video.

Thoughts.....I'm still salty about Season 13. I don't know that I'll watch. But I look forward to the entrances every Season. They were first so I watched. There were some nice surprises. There are also a number of queens getting their 3rd shot at the crown. I won't spoil, but I'm over that. There is one queen that I can get behind getting a 3rd chance. Once you see who the queens are I'll see if we agree. There was one queen I thought that actually came back from the dead.

The video is an hour, a treat. But I don't know if I can get vested enough behind these queens to watch this season.
I will watch it for Ginger Minj. Not sure about Eureka and Silky.

antmanb

The main problem with the show is the same old tired formula, challenges and edits. So the rupaul solution? Completely over saturate the market by overlapping different countries’ drag races and then throw in two different all stars with the same damn queens every time.

It gets boring I don’t think I’m interested in watching drag race constantly in one form or another for an entire year.

FiveRinger

I will watch it for Ginger Minj. Not sure about Eureka and Silky.
Love Ginger. She got a sh*t deal on All Stars on her last attempt. But Pandora Boxx got screwed worse. I'm not sure I can watch even for them. I might watch the first full episode. I want to see Trinity. And I might want to see Serena Chacha get cussed out again.
The main problem with the show is the same old tired formula, challenges and edits. So the rupaul solution? Completely over saturate the market by overlapping different countries’ drag races and then throw in two different all stars with the same damn queens every time.

It gets boring I don’t think I’m interested in watching drag race constantly in one form or another for an entire year.
I really think that they peaked with Season 6 and have been trying to get back to that. The challenges were more exciting. The queens were more versatile. And the results were less produced and Ru was more fair.

Is anyone here watching Legendary on HBO? I'm loving the performances, but I wish most of the judges would shut up.

mackiecat

Is no one watching All Stars 6? I was happy that Solky was out so soon. Nearing the end now. I think it is Ginger’s for the taking. But Kylie might snea in too. Trinity has really improved and matured.

There is a great show called We’re Here. Bob, Shangela and Eureka go onto small towns and produce a drag show. It is excellent. I teamed up on each one. I’ve grown to appreciate these queens much more. Shangela is very intelligen!

antmanb

I'm watching allstars 6 because Mr Antmanb is insisting but I'm not that invested.

Ginger Minj is doing really well but i'm totally over the fact Rupaul just brings people back again and again if he wants them to win. She had her chance on a proper season and an allstars already so I don't think she should be here again.

I've read that Allstars international will have Juju Bee in it and again, I love her, but she's done a season plus two all stars, is there really no other queen who should be put forward?

I'll say again - the oversaturation of Rupaul's drag race with the same tired formula, tasks and production/edit will be the end of the show it's basically one enormous year long marketing ploy for Rupaul's latest album/whatever money making tour they're currently trying to plug.

And I'm :rofl: that they think they can charge upwards of £150 per ticket to see the queens of Rupaul's Drage race UK season 2, when those types of ticket prices are usually commanded by top-of-their-game pop stars.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I have always adored Ginger, her personality is over the top funny. Eureka just isn't where she should be and I'm over Kylie. She looks like an over the hill ex Hollywood starlet. Trinity is gorgeous but sometimes she lacks in personality. Pandora is too afraid to fart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information