RPDR Season 13

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
OK, I know I shouldn’t be so disappointed, but I could have written out last night’s episode, nearly word for word, about 30 seconds after they announced Olivia’s sashay last week. If you haven’t watched yet, you can save 90 minutes of your life.
Yet another non elimination show, stop dragging it out! This is possibly the longest and most boring season of Drag Race already. Give it to Symone already!

antmanb

I totally agree that this series has been a labour of love.

The honey i shrunk the drag queens episode was sooooooooooo boring, it went on and on and wasn't even vaguely funny (honestly the people who write the scripts to these shitty challenges need to be sacked). Overall i bet this season has barely managed to hit a rate of 50/50 for episodes that resulted in an elimination or not.

And Rupaul at least got to talk about the innner sabatooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuurrr in the one to one :blah:

I think the show could do with taking a break for a while - running the UK and US versions at the same time means i'm RPDR-out .

I also laughed my arse off at the weekend, Mr Antmanb wondered about getting tickets to the RPDR UK tour so i looked them up, the cheapest i could find were £120!!! Our last tickets to see Kylie Minogue (in 2019) were £60/70 each, why the actual eff would you pay double to see RDPR?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
why the actual eff would you pay double to see...
A lot of shows are doing this. Between capacity limits and pent up demand, producers figure that the shows will sell out despite the price.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Yet another non elimination show, stop dragging it out! This is possibly the longest and most boring season of Drag Race already. Give it to Symone already!
Why are you surprised? The final 4 for a very long time has all stayed for the finale. Last year it just seemed odd because Sherry was written out.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Not sure if it should go here or another thread.

The Australian version of Drag Race starts on 1st May in Australia.

Aceon6

Is the reunion show worth watching? I’ve got a backup of shows to catch up on.

jamesy

delightful
I've started to watch it but it's so boring. Each queen gets to do their own lip sync then they get into small groups and answer fan questions over Zoom. I'll probably try to finish watching before the finale but it doesn't feel like an actual reunion. I don't know, maybe it gets more interesting later.

mackiecat

Each queen has a produced “music” video. Some are interesting. Denali skates in hers. Not a lot of drama like other reunions.

antmanb

I'd say definitely not.
I've started to watch it but it's so boring. Each queen gets to do their own lip sync then they get into small groups and answer fan questions over Zoom. I'll probably try to finish watching before the finale but it doesn't feel like an actual reunion. I don't know, maybe it gets more interesting later.
It doesn't really get more interesting, though I did like Utica's and someone else towards the end. And Denali skating in hers, otherwise it'sa snoozefest like this whole season have been.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
I played it because it was in my Netflix queue but I switched over to something else midway through it was so dull.

mackiecat

I had it on in background while I played games on my iPad. If something was interesting, I paid attention.

tony

Even though the fandom via social media is very toxic, the reunion shows with them all sitting together and bringing up the tense moments of the season were some of the best footage of the year (except when Ru gets called on instigating drama and then telling others to brush it off). Having them all clumped into groups and reading cheesy questions to each other just didn't do it for me, and I didn't really love the music video stuff at all.

The only thing to make this season more :yawn: would be Kandy winning, but I think a lot of the fandom would promise to never watch again.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Even though the fandom via social media is very toxic, the reunion shows with them all sitting together and bringing up the tense moments of the season were some of the best footage of the year (except when Ru gets called on instigating drama and then telling others to brush it off). Having them all clumped into groups and reading cheesy questions to each other just didn't do it for me, and I didn't really love the music video stuff at all.

The only thing to make this season more :yawn: would be Kandy winning, but I think a lot of the fandom would promise to never watch again.

Kandy taking the crown would put the nail in the coffin that is yet to be done for this season to be completely meh for me

It lost me after episode 6 or so, too looooong, an unworthy double shantary, Kandy getting away with her 'Alien' Halloween costume being praised by the judges and so on.

Just crown Gottmik or Rosé, though I think it will be Symone the one crowned

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Kandy taking the crown would put the nail in the coffin that is yet to be done for this season to be completely meh for me

It lost me after episode 6 or so, too looooong, an unworthy double shantary, Kandy getting away with her 'Alien' Halloween costume being praised by the judges and so on.

Just crown Gottmik or Rosé, though I think it will be Symone the one crowned
Anyone but Kandy, please!

mackiecat

There is a huge show in England Coming up. Symone was one of the 3 main queens. Kandy Muse is appearing but her name was In the second smallest type

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
If anyone is interested Fashion Photo RuView has a new episode where they introduced the promo looks of the Down Under queens with Raja and Gigi Goode.

Always funny hearing Americans trying to do an aussie accent.

Jayar

But I’m convinced you’re better off in the long run if you lose.
I spoke with Jujubee after her season, and she adamant that she got the better deal by not winning. She got to keep all of her earnings-- apparently the winner has/had to share with RPDR.

mackiecat

It would depend how they pay winnings. If they are paid out on the week earned, they would be under the holdback amount for taxation of prize. The winner however would have a holdback based on the value of goods and cash upon winning.

tony

I was spoiled on the top 2 all over my Instagram, so I refrained from saying anything prior to tonight but that final lip sync was lopsided as hell.

FiveRinger

I was spoiled on the top 2 all over my Instagram, so I refrained from saying anything prior to tonight but that final lip sync was lopsided as hell.
I refuse to watch. What happened? I won't spoil for anyone else. I looked at Wikipedia. But the whole season was bullsh*t. I don't know if I'm watching Season 14. I quit watching this season weeks ago.

tony

I refuse to watch. What happened? I won't spoil for anyone else. I looked at Wikipedia. But the whole season was bullsh*t. I don't know if I'm watching Season 14. I quit watching this season weeks ago.
I'd imagine everyone in here knows by now or intends to be spoiled:

Wheel landed on Kandy and Rose, they went up against each other and Rose was pretty low-energy honestly. She had an ankle injury months before that was mentioned briefly so I'm guessing that was part of it? Kandy was sloppy but no qualms about her winning that one. Symone vs. Gottmik- both were decent but Gottmik took forever to actually get into the performance and looked like she was a bit frozen in the beginning.

Symone ran away with the top 2 lip sync. Not even close. Kandy didn't look all that great and did about one interesting thing in the performance.

All the other queens were briefly shown from home, LaLa won Miss Congeniality which surprised me, thought it would be Olivia for sure.

Aceon6

And All Stars 963 will be on Paramount Plus (the old CBS All Access), likely with Kandy.

antmanb

@tony summed up the final with the exactly the same thoughts I had. I thought Utica looked amazing.

@Aceon6 a friend yesterday said the rumour is that this coming allstars will be a plus size allstars but i'm not sure where they got their information from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information