RPDR S10 - let the games begin!

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I saw Eureka's name and thought I knew it. Then realised they got an invite to come back after injury last time.

my little pony

polishing Madison Hubbell's OGM
did eureka bring that dress or was that fabric something she picked up in the challenge?

Dr.Siouxs

Love the design challenges...Mayhem, Monique, and Yuhua were the top for me. Love Monet Xchange but that was butt ugly. Sad to see Vanjie get chopped so early, her charisma is off the wall..

berthesghost

did eureka bring that dress or was that fabric something she picked up in the challenge?
I think she brought it because I didn’t see fabric when the brought the stuff out, no other queens seemed to use fabric, and I don’t think $1 stores sell fabric. I think they may have been able to incorporate their own stuff, the the queen who made the outfit out of pool noodles seemed to wear it over a black bathing suit type thing that was probably her own.

my little pony

polishing Madison Hubbell's OGM
I think she brought it because I didn’t see fabric when the brought the stuff out, no other queens seemed to use fabric, and I don’t think $1 stores sell fabric. I think they may have been able to incorporate their own stuff, the the queen who made the outfit out of pool noodles seemed to wear it over a black bathing suit type thing that was probably her own.

i dont have a problem with using the dress as a base like pool noodle but she didnt really add that much to it. she did nothing to the skirt. i would have had her in the bottom.

berthesghost

^ITA but then again, I can’t recall when I’ve ever been this off on who I thought was top, bottom and safe vs. who the judges picked.

FiveRinger

i dont have a problem with using the dress as a base like pool noodle but she didnt really add that much to it. she did nothing to the skirt. i would have had her in the bottom.
I wonder if they had some sort of cheap blankets or something that would have fashioned a quick skirt. Any way that it went, no way that Eureka was going to be first out, especially since they brought her back. She is going to be challenged, though. She's going to be limited physically, so it will be interesting to see how she fares.

Aussie Willy

I am still getting used to the new queens so haven't got used to many of the names yet. I did like Blair St Clair because she was so cute but very very young. And I will be interested to see how she goes in the performance challenges. I also like the Bottom one. I think her make up is very interesting and well done.

Aquaria is going to be a PITA.

I did love the card dress, but anyone who thinks that they deserve to wins and then complains they didn't rubs me up the wrong way. Just bad sportsmanship.

berthesghost

Untucked was good as usual because it really highlights how differently they view things live vs the edited version we get. I think they all underestimate Monet x as she seems exactly the type Ru and Michelle love.

topaz

So Far, I adore Eureka. Her lip sync was epic. She needs to get out of her head, but I definitely see an All Star contender.

Mz Cracker, Dusty Ray Bottoms are dark horses. I love Mz Cracker's wit, drag, and vibe. She's a contender for the top 4.

Ms. Mayhem was great this week. Vixen is already on my last nerve. I like Blair and Cameron.

Asia O Hara I am not a fan of.

ETA: Kalorie Karbdasian - she was not ready for this comp. But I like her personality. She may became a fan favorite.

berthesghost

The success of the show is starting to take its toll. All the meltdowns are because it’s become the olympics of drag where careers are made or broken and the responsibility of representing weights them all down. For something so fun, they’re all really stressed out.

Last edited:

Allen

Glad to be back!
The success of the show is starting to take its toll. All the meltdowns are because it’s become the olympics of drag where careers are made or broken and the responsibility of representing weights them all down. For something so fun, they’re all really stressed out.

It's really to the point where many seem to think it's not worth it. I've got several drag queens as friends on Facebook and there are some that have pretty much said that the success isn't worth everything that comes along with it. Many queens are getting death threats based on the show and who knows when someone will actually do what they say they are going to do. In fact, Farrah and Shea were harassed in England by a group of homophobic girls. I don't know how Phi Phi put up with all of the death threats she was receiving and the constant harassment online. A lot of girls are actually more interested in Dragula...but eventually the same fan base will migrate to Dragula and they'll start encountering the same things as the Ru girls.

Aussie Willy

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh here but I thought the hysterics were over the top by Eureka and Kalorie, particularly in Untucked. Seriously you go on the show knowing it is a competition and what you are in for. Every week someone is going to go home. Those are the facts and the show has been going on for 10 years now. Maybe if you can't handle it you shouldn't be there.

topaz

@Aussie Willy - I think some of Eureka's emotions were due to the fact her mom is fighting cancer. She's 27 years old too, young queen.

Kalorie K - I understand she felt tremendous pressure to represent New Mexico's drag scene well. She feels she let her state down. Also, Kalorie mentioned that back home "she is the s**t". AT RPDR - she found out that she is not the shit, i.e seeing the other drag queens and from the judges. She learned in front the world that she has to "step her p**sy up".

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!

antmanb

I'm still trying to learn the Queens names and no-one is really standing out for me at the minute.

I did laugh at Blair St Clair though - isn't she supposed to be a Broadway Queen, but she could not dance to save her life!

It was fun to see Alissa Edwards doing choreography with them.

And i'm already getting annoyed with the editing - they made Vixen out to be a total shit-stirring heinous queen, but then untucked saw her being supportive and sweet to people, unlike in the main episode.

just tuned in

I'm still trying to learn the Queens names and no-one is really standing out for me at the minute.

I did laugh at Blair St Clair though - isn't she supposed to be a Broadway Queen, but she could not dance to save her life!

And i'm already getting annoyed with the editing - they made Vixen out to be a total shit-stirring heinous queen, but then untucked saw her being supportive and sweet to people, unlike in the main episode.
The most recent episode will change your mind about BSC, etc.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Add me to the list of people trying to keep their queens straight :D It'll click when they get to Snatch Game.

topaz

See a few are standing out for me - Miz Cracker, Eureka, Blair St. Clair, Dusty Ray Bottoms.

Kameron Michael's runaway outfits have KILLED so far.

Aussie Willy

I enjoyed last night's episode and the runway was really good. Kameron Michael's outfit was a standout.

I prefer the parts when they are doing their make up and some of their stories rather than when they are going at each other. I really felt for Dusty and what she had to go through in coming out. That was very sad.

I think the end of the world team did the best job. They just got on with it, took direction well and it ended up being very funny. I am really starting to like Blair. Just a nice kid but looks beautiful when dragged up.

topaz

I enjoyed last night's episode and the runway was really good. Kameron Michael's outfit was a standout.

I prefer the parts when they are doing their make up and some of their stories rather than when they are going at each other. I really felt for Dusty and what she had to go through in coming out. That was very sad.

I think the end of the world team did the best job. They just got on with it, took direction well and it ended up being very funny. I am really starting to like Blair. Just a nice kid but looks beautiful when dragged up.

Agreed on Blair St. Clair I declare :)

Blair is very "butch" lesbian outside of drag and very beautiful in drag.
Dusty Ray Bottoms - I really her drag and him out of drag. A favorite for me.

Vixen is working me nerves. Why is she so jealous of Eureka?

Aquaria- I hope she toughens up and performs for the remaining of the season. Her runaway looks have been killer. She's a gorgeous queen.

Last edited:

Willin

So far I'm loving Blair and Kameron. I thought I'd like Miss Cracker more, but she hasn't really caught my eye since the first episode.

I was surprised Yuhua didn't get further. I didn't expect her to win, but I thought she'd at least get to Snatch Game. I mean, she was a mess this challenge, but she showed no major indications of being that level of mess the first two episodes.

berthesghost

I haven't watched the latest untucked yet, but I agree with the poster who said it's sometimes different than how the show is edited.

I agree that nothing yuhua did previously predicted her leaving now, but she was really bad this week, right up until the lsfyl. I feel like misty is a sentimental fav who's held up. I didn't agree 100% with her winning the first challenge and I don't agree 100% that she won this lsfyl. I don't see what Ru is seeing.

Willin

@berthesghost TBH I thought that this was one of the weeks where the weakest person was so obvious that the lipsync was just a formality. The only way Yuhua could've saved herself is if she did one of the top 10 lipsyncs in show history, and I don't think that was going to happen. I do think that Misty won it, but only by a little bit.

berthesghost

This really is the season of tears! :lol:

It was nice to see mayhem finally admit she has no one to blame but herself, but wtf was Cameron talking about with "playing dirty"? Girl, your narrator sucked, nobody made you be flat and boring.

Aquaria does have that annoying hit and run personality, starts shit and then acts like the victim. But thank god I don't have vixen's personality either. Can you imagine constantly bringing a bazooka to every knife fight? It must be exhausting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information