NBC, Peacock, and Multiple Other Networks Have Their 2021-22 Schedules Listed

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
It used to be a cast of thousands. Now it's thousands of networks.

NBC Sports and U.S. Figure Skating announced today the schedule for the 2021-22 figure skating season. From October to April, NBC Sports and Peacock will provide more than 175 hours of coverage, in addition to NBCUniversal's coverage of the Olympic Winter Games 2022 in February.

Beginning with 2021 Guaranteed Rate Skate America, NBC Sports will present more than 30 hours of figure skating coverage on NBC, with an additional 50 hours airing on NBCSN, USA and E!. Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA will present original programming plus encores of figure skating coverage of several events. Coverage will showcase the U.S. Figure Skating Championships®, ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series (including Skate America®), ISU World Championships, ISU Four Continents Championships and the ISU European Championships.

As the exclusive streaming home of U.S. Figure Skating, Peacock will stream coverage of every skate throughout the 2021-22 season, beginning with exclusive coverage of the 2022 U.S. Figure Skating Championship Series presented by Toyota.

love skating

Clueless American
So NBC will use USA and E! since NBCSN is ending. I noticed ads for hockey on USA so I guess they're already migrating some sports to other channels. I'm glad they are still showing skating... who knows, maybe skating can find some new fans who watch USA but never watched NBCSN? One can hope.

Oh and if people out there are interested in Peacock Premium, the Today Show mentioned a 30% discount for six months of Peacock Premium, with the promo code: TODAY30

If you buy six months it would regularly be $29.94 ($4.99 each month), it is $20.96 with the promo code. I think I might do it this year, I didn't get it last year due to the fewer competitions and uncertainty of events.

Last edited:

LeafOnTheWind

Oh and if people out there are interested in Peacock Premium, the Today Show mentioned a 30% discount for six months of Peacock Premium, with the promo code: TODAY30
This code works on existing accounts too. Don't forget to hit upgrade plan to apply the promotion. It pays out in a lump sum so you will see an additional charge if you've already been charged this month. It will extend the time until your next payment. My next payment is May 2022 after applying the promotion.

The charge on my card is $22.95 so there must be a tax on top of the $20.96

Last edited:

gatorinfl

Are we sure that Peacock will cover Skate America and the rest of the Grand Prix series? The way the press release is worded, it sounds like NBC will cover the Grand Prix and Peacock will begin coverage with Nationals. I hope that isn’t the case because I don’t get NBC (since the demise of Locast) and I’m counting on Peacock.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Are we sure that Peacock will cover Skate America and the rest of the Grand Prix series? The way the press release is worded, it sounds like NBC will cover the Grand Prix and Peacock will begin coverage with Nationals. I hope that isn’t the case because I don’t get NBC (since the demise of Locast) and I’m counting on Peacock.
Nationals qualification (Championship) series- not Nationals. Peacock will have all events.

smurfy

Question on Peacock.
I know there is free stuff and then pay for more access.
What I see for the skating listed - it states live in the schedule.
Are the US Championship Series parts like juniors, novice etc available on demand behind the paywall. Any idea for how long available?
I do not mind paying, but I want to actually know what I am paying for. I find Peacock odd to navigate in.
Thanks.

Debbie S

Question on Peacock.
I know there is free stuff and then pay for more access.
What I see for the skating listed - it states live in the schedule.
Are the US Championship Series parts like juniors, novice etc available on demand behind the paywall. Any idea for how long available?
I do not mind paying, but I want to actually know what I am paying for. I find Peacock odd to navigate in.
Thanks.
Many cable and satellite systems include Peacock Premium in their apps. Check and see if yours does. If not, yes, you do need to subscribe. You will see all of the events they list, live and on-demand. For the U.S. Champ Series, they are showing the Junior and Senior events. Novice and below are on the USFS Fan Zone. All events on Peacock are available on-demand, at least through the end of the season and I think longer. I think the last time I was there, I saw events from last season.

smurfy

Many cable and satellite systems include Peacock Premium in their apps. Check and see if yours does. If not, yes, you do need to subscribe. You will see all of the events they list, live and on-demand. For the U.S. Champ Series, they are showing the Junior and Senior events. Novice and below are on the USFS Fan Zone. All events on Peacock are available on-demand, at least through the end of the season and I think longer. I think the last time I was there, I saw events from last season.
Thanks. I already have the app, just wanted to be sure ondemand was available if I paid. I don't have cable, streaming apps only.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
This might be a dumb question, but I just paid my Xfinity bill, but I think it was only for the internet. I don't have the tv cable. I suppose that means I can't even get it on my computer though, doesn't it?

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
This might be a dumb question, but I just paid my Xfinity bill, but I think it was only for the internet. I don't have the tv cable. I suppose that means I can't even get it on my computer though, doesn't it?
Xfinity’s website says this about Peacock so you may have access.

Peacock Premium is included for no additional cost for all Xfinity Flex customers and Xfinity X1 and video customers who have a subscription to Xfinity Internet or Digital Starter TV, or equivalent, or above. Peacock Premium has a $4.99/month value.

ETA: I think these are all cable packages so perhaps not. Sorry for the confusion!

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Thank you! I'll look into it, but you probably need the cable too. Otherwise why have cable? I don't. lol

Yuri

I have both Xfinity internet and cable TV, so Peacock Premium comes free with my account and I have been able to watch all of the figure skating events streamed on it.

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!

I have Xfinity internet only. I got a flex box and Peacock premium for free.

we have Xfinity internet only.

I signed up for Peacock and connected my Xfinity account, and now have peacock premium. I can run this on my PC and our TCL smart TV (which is a roku box, technically).

I would say just try sign up for Peacock and try to connect your xfinity and then sign into peacock on whatever device you use to stream. (I did have to use an 'unverified' app to get peacock on my amazon fire stick, but it worked)

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
we have Xfinity internet only.

I signed up for Peacock and connected my Xfinity account, and now have peacock premium. I can run this on my PC and our TCL smart TV (which is a roku box, technically).

I would say just try sign up for Peacock and try to connect your xfinity and then sign into peacock on whatever device you use to stream. (I did have to use an 'unverified' app to get peacock on my amazon fire stick, but it worked)
There is now an actual Peacock app for fire stick. Has been since late summer?

Willin

There are synch competitions this season, but I don't know if they will be available via Peacock.
I know they're happening, I just want to know if they'll stream. I'm not hopeful given that they usually announce it when the singles TV/streaming is announced.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
I have internet only and have peacock premium because I also signed up for a flex device for free when I signed up for my internet account. I have the flex device hooked to my tv and activated, but the account is linked to my Xfinity account so I’m able to watch through the peacock app on my tv and on my laptop.

DreamSkates

Peacock is sometimes a bit iffy in connection but THANKFUL THERE ARE NO COMMENTATORS RUINING my viewing experience by chatting through the music. They should know how important the music is. Just save the comments for the replays. How hard would that be??!!! Easy, if you prioritize the viewer's experience rather than thinking what you have to say is so important. I have yet to hear anything that can't be said before or after the program. It's not a basketball game!

maureenfarone

I'm a little concerned about the Peacock coverage of 2022 U. S. Nationals. I checked the streaming coverage today and all of the Championship (Senior) events are listed but NONE of the Junior events are listed. The first Jr. event is on January 4 and the first Championship event is on January 6.

I sent an email to USFS asking about the Jr. coverage but haven't received a reply. I also spent 30 minutes trying to speak or chat over the internet with someone at Peacock but the "bot" never found an agent to answer my questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information