2023-24 U.S. Figure Skating Broadcast Schedule on NBC & Peacock

ice coverage

Peacock tiles are up for Nationals - including a big bunch of practice cams. ...

I also note that Europeans is available to watch for 28 days after the date of competition. Here's hoping for the rest of the competitions to come.

Big FWIW re 2024 Nats (emphasis added):

"All championship and junior-level events will be livestreamed on Peacock. Events can be accessed on Peacock for 72 hours following their conclusion."

The sentence about 72 hours of access was added to USFS event page only within the last day or two, IIRC.
ETA:​
And from today's USFS press release re Nats (emphasis added):
"All junior and championship events will be streamed live on Peacock. Events can be accessed on Peacock for 72 hours following their conclusion. The novice events will be livestreamed on the U.S. Figure Skating YouTube page."
I know that Euros archives still are available on Peacock. đź‘Ť
Just sayin' that for now, I myself am not going to count on Nats access being longer than 72 hours on Peacock (and for Novice competition, on USFS YouTube). 🤷‍♀️

Four (but not all) of the many Peacock practice cams will have commentary from Jackie Wong.
Schedule is on USFS event page.

Cross-posting from U.S. Nats thread:
Press conferences will be live streamed on the U.S. Figure Skating YouTube Channel. Recordings will also be available on YouTube after each press conference ends.
Press conferences following championship short program events will start approximately 15 minutes after the event concludes. Press conferences following free skates will begin approximately 15 minutes after awards.​

I'm sad that Peacock will not have streaming of Nats gala.
On Sun Feb 4, NBC will show recap of Nats gala. 2 pm Eastern, check your local listings, subject to change.

Peacock has added all the tiles for Four Continents.

Last edited:

A.H.Black

Found the World Youth Games. Found Four Continents. Still no tiles for Nationals past the 26th. Way too soon to panic, but it's irritating.

maureenfarone

Found the World Youth Games. Found Four Continents. Still no tiles for Nationals past the 26th. Way too soon to panic, but it's irritating.
I found all of them by going to Sports, Live & Upcoming View All. It took a lot of scrolling after the comps on 1/26 to find the remaining National's tiles.

maureenfarone

So does everyone have me on ignore? I've posted a link that gives you all the ones people say are missing several times now! I'll post it again:

Not on ignore and I do use that link when I am on my laptop.

When I want to find stuff on the Roku with that link involves going to search and then switching back and forth between letters and punctuation and then going through all the replays (Europeans and Collegiate). I found it easier to go to live and upcoming and then scrolling through and saving all the Nationals, Youth Olympics, Collegiates, and 4CC tiles to My Stuff.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I use that link to add the tiles to My Stuff on my Desktop and then watch them from My Stuff on my Roku.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I found all of them by going to Sports, Live & Upcoming View All. It took a lot of scrolling after the comps on 1/26 to find the remaining National's tiles.
On a computer? Not on the TV guide yet but I’m sure they’ll be added. I won’t have time or interest in Practice Cams, of which there are many. I’ll watch Sr events & Jr Women live…that’s the plan!

maureenfarone

On a computer? Not on the TV guide yet but I’m sure they’ll be added. I won’t have time or interest in Practice Cams, of which there are many. I’ll watch Sr events & Jr Women live…that’s the plan!
I found them on the Peacock website on my computer and on the Peacock app on my Roku the same way - sports, live & upcoming, view all. I don't have cable tv so I have no idea what would show up on a tv guide channel.

ice coverage

I'm sad that Peacock will not have streaming of Nats gala.
On Sun Feb 4, NBC will show recap of Nats gala. 2 pm Eastern, check your local listings, subject to change.

Update since last week: Peacock has added Exhibition Gala, Feb 4, 2:00 pm, 2 hrs.
So not live streaming, but streaming of the NBC recap, apparently.

Allskate

I LOVED the Practice commentary from Jackie on Peacock today! I really hope they bring this back in the future.
I hope so, too. Any ideas for the best way to let Peacock and USFS know that we want more of this? Jackie seemed to suggest that this was a trial.

BTW, on their podcast, Adam and Ashley mentioned that they would be doing commentary on the world feed.

A.H.Black

Live US Nationals - USA coverage with Tara/Johnny commentary - no sign up

Thank you. Ashley and Adam were driving me to use bad words. Talk about using 30 words when 2 would do.

ETA - Today's competitions say you have 2 days to watch them.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Thank you. Ashley and Adam were driving me to use bad words. Talk about using 30 words when 2 would do.

ETA - Today's competitions say you have 2 days to watch them.
Two? Better than last year. I wonder if there’s a limited time for replays of the Gangwon YOG?

maureenfarone

Here is a link to info about Nationals from January 22:

https://www.usfigureskating.org/event/2024-prevagen-us-figure-skating-championships
This is what USFS promised: All championship and junior-level events will be livestreamed on Peacock. Events can be accessed on Peacock for 72 hours following their conclusion.

I sent an email to USFS about the replays only being available for 1 or 2 days but all the replays will be long gone before anyone even sees the email. Maybe if fans contact USFS about this we will see some changes for 2025.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I am pretty sure the 2 days thing references that there are less than 72 hours left to watch, and when it hits less than 48, it’ll say 1 day. Less than 24 hours and it’ll tell you exactly how many hours are left.

So most likely it is 3 days.

maureenfarone

I am pretty sure the 2 days thing references that there are less than 72 hours left to watch, and when it hits less than 48, it’ll say 1 day. Less than 24 hours and it’ll tell you exactly how many hours are left.

So most likely it is 3 days.
I don't know. The morning after the Senior Women's SP I wanted to watch the replay and it said I had 11 hours to watch it. The Men's Practice from Saturday which had Gracie Gold along with Jackie was gone Sunday morning along with all of the other Practice cam replays.

Just for the heck of it I just looked at the replay for Men's SP. The program ended at 6 p.m. EST Friday. At 11:15 p.m. on Sunday Peacock tells me I have 48 minutes left to watch the replay. I admit I am really tired, but I think that adds up to 56 hours and not the 72 hours that USFS indicated on 1/22.

Last edited:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
E! had most of 4CCs. Unfortunately, NBC mislabeled them as European Figure Skating Championships, so your DVRs may have thought they were repeats. I caught myself before I deleted the menzzz long as it’s easier to skip forward on the DVR than on Peacock.

Frau Muller

What a virtual two-week trip to three spots (Columbus, Gangwon, and Shanghai) we’ve just experienced! Three cheers for technology! Just had to say it. For someone who fell in love with skating in 1964 on TV and lived through tiny telecasts until she saved money to travel, this technology is amazing! Yes, I’d love longer replay windows…but this is great, overall…watching most events live. 🎉

Skate Talker

E! had most of 4CCs. Unfortunately, NBC mislabeled them as European Figure Skating Championships, so your DVRs may have thought they were repeats. I caught myself before I deleted the menzzz long as it’s easier to skip forward on the DVR than on Peacock.
E! only had partial and time-delayed coverage of men & women as far as I was able to discover - that is no pairs or ice dance.

Frau Muller

Did anybody watch the US Nationals gala on NBC yesterday (Feb 4, 2pm)? I missed it, recovering from two solid weeks of competition on Peacock.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information