2023-24 U.S. Figure Skating Broadcast Schedule on NBC & Peacock

A.H.Black

E! had most of 4CCs. Unfortunately, NBC mislabeled them as European Figure Skating Championships, so your DVRs may have thought they were repeats. I caught myself before I deleted the menzzz long as it’s easier to skip forward on the DVR than on Peacock.

Well...I guess we don't get to see any ice dance from 4 CC. It's been just men's and women's.

E! only had partial and time-delayed coverage of men & women as far as I was able to discover - that is no pairs or ice dance.
For those who didn't see dance or pairs, see Aceon6 comment above yours. I didn't get it recorded either. I'm sure the mislabeling prevented most of us from seeing dance and pairs. At least I can watch it on Peacock until it disappears.

Skate Talker

For those who didn't see dance or pairs, see Aceon6 comment above yours. I didn't get it recorded either. I'm sure the mislabeling prevented most of us from seeing dance and pairs. At least I can watch it on Peacock until it disappears.
You may be correct. It's possible I missed something, however, I checked E! frequently and despite the mislabeling, I knew it was supposed to be 4CC not Euros. So I don't think that was it, unless they mislabeled it as a "regular" TV program, like Sex in the City. I confess I did not watch every minute of it, and was only able to view in real-time, no PVR, but I saw no hint of anything other than singles. (Possibly just bad luck?) All the figure skating listings I saw were 2 hour broadcasts, just enough time for the last 2 groups of women or men. The only day E! listed more than one such block was Wednesday night/Thursday morning, which was the only day the Women and Men both competed.
I confess now I am really curious about this. Do we know anybody who for sure saw any Pairs or Ice Dance on E!?

ice coverage

For Four Continents, broadcast schedules published in advance did not include any E! coverage of Dance or Pairs.

(Jan 30)​

(Jan 27)​

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
For anyone interested, the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships in Las Vegas will be on Peacock beginning February 21st. I'm assuming that the times are eastern. ETA that the times listed are central.

The schedule is listed as follows:

Junior Short Program - February 21st - 6:50 p.m.

Sr. Elite 12 Short Program - February 22nd - 8:49 p.m.

Junior Free Skate - February 22nd - 9:25 p.m.

Sr. Short Program - February 23rd - 8:25 p.m.

Sr. Elite 12 Free Skate - February 23rd - 9:13 p.m.

Collegiate Free Skate - February 24th - 8:51 p.m.

Sr. Free Skate - February 24th - 11:24 P.M.

Last edited:

ice coverage

For anyone interested, the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships in Las Vegas will be on Peacock beginning February 21st. I'm assuming that the times are eastern.

The schedule is listed as follows:

Junior Short Program - February 21st - 6:50 p.m.

Sr. Elite 12 Short Program - February 22nd - 8:49 p.m.

Junior Free Skate - February 22nd - 9:25 p.m.

Sr. Short Program - February 23rd - 8:25 p.m.

Sr. Elite 12 Free Skate - February 23rd - 9:13 p.m.

Collegiate Free Skate - February 24th - 8:51 p.m.

Sr. Free Skate - February 24th - 11:24 P.M.

I believe those times are for Central time zone.

The U.S. Synchro Nats event schedule (from USFS, not from Peacock):

All times Pacific; subject to change.

Wednesday, February 21
Junior Short Program | 4:50-6:12 p.m.

Thursday, February 22
Senior Elite 12 Short Program | 6:49-7:05 p.m.
Junior Free Skate | 7:25-8:55 p.m.

Friday, February 23
Senior Short Program | 6:25-6:53 p.m.
Senior Elite 12 Free Skate | 7:13-7:29 p.m.

Saturday, February 24
Collegiate Free Skate | 6:51-9:04 p.m.
Senior Free Skate | 9:24-9:58 p.m.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I believe those times are for Central time zone.

The U.S. Synchro Nats event schedule (from USFS, not from Peacock):

All times Pacific; subject to change.​
Wednesday, February 21​
Junior Short Program | 4:50-6:12 p.m.​
Thursday, February 22​
Senior Elite 12 Short Program | 6:49-7:05 p.m.​
Junior Free Skate | 7:25-8:55 p.m.​
Friday, February 23​
Senior Short Program | 6:25-6:53 p.m.​
Senior Elite 12 Free Skate | 7:13-7:29 p.m.​
Saturday, February 24​
Collegiate Free Skate | 6:51-9:04 p.m.​
Senior Free Skate | 9:24-9:58 p.m.​
Thank you. Then it must show the Geolocation by whoever signs in. Thanks for sharing that from USFS. I'm not sure why, but those are the times listed on Peacock and I added it to my stuff.

Just adding that it would probably be best to go to Peacock like I did and search under Figure Skating to find out the times since your schedule is showing Pacific time.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Archived video -- apparently with audio :) -- of 2024 U.S. Synchro Championships now is available on Fan Zone.

All competition: Senior, Senior Elite 12, Junior, Collegiate + Novice, Intermediate, Juvenile, Adult, Masters.
Also awards, except for Adult and Masters.

I have not clicked on every single video, but as I spot-checked, I could hear audio -- including for Senior, Senior Elite 12, Junior.

maureenfarone

Peacock tiles are up for Worlds. I only see one World Feed which is for Men's FS and the start time of that feed corresponds to the start time of the event. There is also a Men's FS tile that starts 2 hours after the start of the event.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Peacock tiles are up for Worlds. I only see one World Feed which is for Men's FS and the start time of that feed corresponds to the start time of the event. There is also a Men's FS tile that starts 2 hours after the start of the event.
All of them are World Feed that you see. The reason why the mens free is labeled as World Feed (along with the other option later) is because that may be the only thing being broadcast on live NBC and there needs to be a differentiation between the two.

Sylvia

TBD
2024 Worlds on TV - USA Network (online listings in Eastern time?):
Thursday, March 21 12:00 PM [Women SP - taped on. Wed.]
Thursday, March 21 2:00 PM [Men SP]
Thursday, March 21 7:00 PM [Pairs FS]
Friday, March 22 7:00 PM [Women FS]
Saturday, March 23 2:00 PM [Free Dance]
Start times are listed one hour earlier here: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/sports/2023/8/11/television-schedule.aspx

On NBC:
Saturday, March 23 Men's Free Skate 8 p.m. LIVE
Sunday, April 14 World Championships Recap 1 p.m.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
USA network event times have been updated in online listings & now match the Worlds schedule (Eastern time):

Thursday, March 21 1:00-3:00 PM [Women SP - taped on. Wed.]
Thursday, March 21 3:00-5:00 PM [Men SP live ends right before 5 pm]
Thursday, March 21 8:00-10:00 PM [Pairs FS live ends right before 10 pm]
Friday, March 22 8:00 PM-10:00 [Women FS live ends right before 10 pm]
Saturday, March 23 3:00-5:00 PM [Free Dance live ends right before 5 pm]; top RDs shown on tape?

On NBC:
Saturday, March 23 Men's Free Skate 8 p.m. LIVE
Sunday, April 14 World Championships Recap 1 p.m.

NBC Sports will publish a more detailed press release (confirming the commentators. etc.) before the start of Worlds and I will post the link when it's available. The Peacock start times on the individual tiles (Pairs/Women SP on Wed., Men SP on Thu., RD on Fri.) should be updated by then to match their Worlds schedule: https://www.peacocktv.com/sports/skating

ETA on Thursday night that ALL the Peacock tiles in question now match the Worlds schedule's start times :): https://results.isu.org/schedules/WC2024_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
NBC Sports will publish a more detailed press release (confirming the commentators. etc.) before the start of Worlds and I will post the link when it's available.
Here is the link:

Excerpt:

For the NBC and USA Network telecasts, Terry Gannon handles play-by-play for all disciplines, joined by 1998 Olympic gold medalist Tara Lipinski, three-time U.S. champion Johnny Weir, and 2006 Turin Olympic ice dance silver medalist Ben Agosto. Andrea Joyce serves as reporter.

All competition at the World Championships, including every skater in every discipline, can be streamed live and on-demand on Peacock. Viewers can sign up for Peacock at peacocktv.com.

2024 World Figure Skating Championships Live Coverage Schedule
All times Eastern, check local listings, subject to change.

DateDisciplineTime (ET)Platform
Wed., March 20Pairs’ ShortNoon-3:45 p.m.Peacock
Women’s Short5-9:52 p.m.Peacock
Thurs., March 21Men’s Short11:10 a.m.-3 p.m.Peacock
Women’s Short1-3 p.m.USA Network*
Men’s Short3-5 p.m.USA Network, Peacock
Pairs’ Free6:10-8 p.m.Peacock
Pairs’ Free8-10 p.m.USA Network, Peacock
Fri., March 22Rhythm Dance11:20 a.m.-4:53 p.m.Peacock
Women’s Free6-8 p.m.Peacock
Women’s Free8-10 p.m.USA Network, Peacock
Sat., March 23Free Dance1:30-3 p.m.Peacock
Free Dance3-5 p.m.USA Network, Peacock
Men’s Free6-8 p.m.Peacock
Men’s Free8-10 p.m.NBC, Peacock
Sun., March 24Exhibition Gala2-4:30 p.m.Peacock
*Encore presentation

From USFS' Worlds press release:
"All events can be streamed live on Peacock, and will be available for 72 hours following their conclusion."

Mark Hanretty and Tonia Kwiatkowski (last heard on IceNetwork.com's 2018 U.S. Nationals coverage) are the commentators for the Skating ISU YouTube channel's livestreams, so they should be on Peacock.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
So who is the big-mouthed commentator dude sitting next to Mark & Tonia, who grumps through jumps, shouting “Hop! Hop! AAAAAHHHH!” when landed? Somebody needs to Hop-hop-hop that dude out of the caller’s booth. It’s not Ted or Terry or anyone we know. Sounds German or French? Really loud and abrasive…except that now he makes me laugh! He went bananas at the end of Loena’s SP…I was in tears, laughing so hard.

Sylvia

TBD
Somebody needs to Hop-hop-hop that dude out of the caller’s booth.
Agreed, it was very annoying (eta that Mark H. replied to someone on X: "So off putting" :D). @danafan identified the culprit in the Women’s SP play-by-play thread as French Canadian commentator Alain Goldberg.
USA cable network has 6 hours of TV coverage today with Gannon/Weir/Lipinski - in Eastern time:

Women’s Short 1-3 p.m. (taped yesterday)
Men’s Short 3-5 p.m. final groups LIVE - may start with Jason who's scheduled to skate at 3:04 pm
Pairs’ Free 8-10 p.m. final groups LIVE - Chan/Howe are scheduled to skate at 8:04 pm ET with Kam/O'Shea after them

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
USA network has started their Men's SP broadcast and will show Jason live! :)

ETA - Donovan Carrillo's SP now (during the ice resurfacing). Then Roman Sadovsky (both on tape).

Andrea Joyce is interviewing Ilia live. Camden will lead off the penultimate group so should be shown live after the commercial break.

Last edited:

Kristin

Does anyone know where I can find part 1 one of the rhythm dance from yesterday? I only see part 2 when I search under figure skating? Help!

Sylvia

TBD
NBC broadcast is live with the final 2 groups of the men!

ETA - or maybe not. During the 6-min. warmup of the penultimate group of men NBC is showing Chaeyeon Kim's FS.

ETA #2 - followed by Kaori, Isabeau & Loena and Chock/Bates' FD.

Last edited:

A.H.Black

It looks like my local NBC affiliate is not showing the Gala tomorrow. Anyone else? Anyone with any other information?

I'm thinking that's the only chance that NBC will show Adam's free program.

Skate Talker

But NBC does apparently have a Recap show scheduled for April 14 at 1 pm Eastern. If you can wait that long it might seem like a whole new competition, especially if you have senior memory like me, lol.

A.H.Black

Thank you. I think I looked at Sylvia's recent schedule too quickly. I just have friends that have no access to anything other than broadcast TV. They want to see Adam, of course. This is the kind of thing "Chacked" was coined for.

Allskate

They want to see Adam, of course.
I was really surprised that NBC didn't show it, especially since they were gabbing and showing a bunch of other programs and showed only the final flight of men. I'm sure the NBC producers realized just how high that score was and that Adam had a realistic shot at medaling. All it took was one of the top three to have a bad night. (Hugs to Shoma!) Adam coming from so far behind to medal was one of the great stories of the night.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Thank you. I think I looked at Sylvia's recent schedule too quickly. I just have friends that have no access to anything other than broadcast TV. They want to see Adam, of course. This is the kind of thing "Chacked" was coined for.
They should’ve thought of Adam. I normally film/DVD…and I was originally going to start filming with Gp 2…then I saw Adam’s name in Gp 1…thank goodness.

Skate Talker

So this NBC broadcast on April 14th is showing up as a 3 hour program on my tv provider's guide and is labeled Gala Exhibition, not recap. I'm thinking it may be both jammed together, but little chance then of seeing Adam's Free program, or any of the Pairs and if any Ice Dance is shown, probably only a repeat of Chock & Bates. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

BaileyCatts

I'm betting its the usual recap show, no exhibitions. I don't think NBC has shown exhibitions for years (other than US Nationals). I'm betting they will show .... top 5 men FS, top 4 Womens FS plus Amber cause 'USA', top 3 Free Dance, top 2 Pairs FS. And 10,000 commercials. :p

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Confirming that NBC’s Worlds recap show, not gala, is scheduled for Sunday 14 April from 3pm to 6pm Eastern. Opposite the final round of the Masters on CBS. Good luck with that, NBC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information