2023-24 U.S. Figure Skating Broadcast Schedule on NBC & Peacock

Sylvia

TBD
Shared by USFS on their social media platforms today (Oct. 4, 2023): https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/sports/2023/8/11/television-schedule.aspx

All times Eastern, check local listings, subject to change

Television Broadcast schedule:
DateCompetitionTime (ET)Platform
Oct. 202023 Humana Skate America: Pairs and Men's Short Program7:30 p.m.E!
Oct. 212023 Humana Skate America: Women's Short Program and Men's Free Skate8 p.m.E!
Oct. 222023 Humana Skate America: Free Dance and Women's Free Skate3 p.m.E!
Oct. 222023 Humana Skate America: Recap12 p.m.NBC
Nov. 4Skate Canada International: Recap12 p.m.NBC*
Nov. 5Grande Prix de France: Recap12:30 p.m.NBC*
Nov. 12Cup of China: Recap3 p.m.NBC*
Nov. 19Grand Prix Espoo: Recap4 p.m.NBC*
Nov. 26NHK Trophy: Recap3 p.m.NBC*
Dec. 9Grand Prix Final9 a.m.E!*
Dec. 9Grand Prix Final10 a.m.E!*
Dec. 9Grand Prix Final11 a.m.E!*
Dec. 10Grand Prix Final4 p.m.NBC*
Jan. 10European Championships1 p.m.E!
Jan. 11European Championships1 p.m.E!
Jan. 12European Championships1 p.m.E!
Jan. 13European Championships1 p.m.E!
Feb. 4European Championships12 p.m.NBC*
Jan. 252024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Pairs Short Program2 p.m.USA
Jan. 252024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Rhythm Dance5 p.m.USA
Jan. 252024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Women's Short Program8 p.m.USA
Jan. 262024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Men's Short Program4 p.m.NBC
Jan. 262024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Women's Free Skate8 p.m.USA
Jan. 272024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Free Dance2:30 p.m.NBC
Jan. 272024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Pairs Free Skate8 p.m.USA
Jan. 282024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Men's Free Skate3 p.m.NBC
Feb. 42024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Exhibition Gala2 p.m.NBC*
Feb. 1Four Continents Championships6 a.m.E!*
Feb. 1Four Continents Championships8 a.m.E!*
Feb. 2Four Continents Championships8 a.m.E!*
Feb. 3Four Continents Championships8 a.m.E!*
Feb. 18Four Continents Championships2 p.m.NBC*
March 21World Championships4 p.m.USA
March 21World Championships7 p.m.USA
March 22World Championships7 p.m.USA
March 23World Championships2 p.m.USA
March 23World Championships8 p.m.NBC*
March 24World Championships2 p.m.USA
April 14World Championships12 p.m.NBC*
*taped coverage

Below is a full listing of the remainder of NBCUniversal's coverage of the 2023-24 figure skating season.

Oct. 20-22, 2023
Humana Skate America
NBC / E! / Peacock

Oct. 27-29, 2023
Skate Canada International
NBC / Peacock

Nov. 3-5, 2023
Grand Prix de France
NBC / Peacock

Nov. 10-12, 2023
Cup of China
NBC / Peacock

Nov. 17-19, 2023
Grand Prix Espoo
NBC / Peacock

Nov. 24-26, 2023
NHK Trophy
NBC / Peacock

Dec. 7-10, 2023
Grand Prix Final
NBC / E! / Peacock

Jan. 8-14, 2024
ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2024
NBC / E! / Peacock

Jan. 22-28, 2024
2024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships
NBC / USA / Peacock

Jan. 29 - Feb. 4, 2024
ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2024
NBC / E! / Peacock

March 18-24, 2024
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2024
NBC / USA / Peacock

Last edited:

Debbie S

NBC not showing any of SA live. And their Nats coverage is only men and dance. I guess I'm glad those disciplines are finally being recognized as our strongest disciplines, but not showing any of the women or pairs on network TV is a sad statement on interest (or lack thereof) in skating.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
NBC not showing any of SA live. And their Nats coverage is only men and dance. I guess I'm glad those disciplines are finally being recognized as our strongest disciplines, but not showing any of the women or pairs on network TV is a sad statement on interest (or lack thereof) in skating.
As someone who doesn't have Broadcast TV, I think it's a more statement about the state of Broadcast TV and not as much about skating. IMO, they are putting the skating where the people are with some concessions for the old-school tv watchers.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
For Peacock Premium subscribers, Skate America links now are available.

Of special note, the listings include four days of "Skate America: Practice Cam" (Oct 19 - 22) and "Exhibition Gala" on Oct 22.
And of note so that there aren't competition streaming meltdowns for yet another Grand Prix season:

See how there is more than one listing for events (ie. Pairs Short Program, Pairs & Mens Short Program)? The tiles that have multiple events combined are surely what is going to be shown on broadcast TV and will have commentary. The other, individual tiles will most likely have a non-commentary World Feed.

Nothing quite excites me for the season of Peacock than people each and every week insisting they don't have the same tiles as everyone else, or complaining about commentary on 'their' stream :p

icie

Keeping up appearances
Will Peacock be showing re-runs of these events or do you have to catch it live?

ice coverage

Peacock streaming's Dates+Start/End Times for Grand Prix series (so far, thru NHK Trophy) are at link below (integrated into one schedule along with NBC and E! coverage):

2023-24 Figure Skating Season Broadcast Schedule
(through November, further broadcasts to be added later this fall)
(dates, times, platforms subject to change)

For Peacock Premium subscribers (or potential subscribers) who like to see a chart format (as opposed to tiles), the Peacock chart for Skate America schedule is here (chart is visible without logging in):

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I’ve just added (saved to My Stuff) the competition events on my TV…even the live exhibition this year! Nice!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Scare alert, quickly solved! After I saved my SKAm icons, each icon revealed a little box (on lower-left side) marked “Subscribe to Watch,” which pointed me to check my Xfinity Account to subscribe…but I didn’t have to pay anything. I simply logged in and was informed that I was already subscribed to Peacock Premium as I’m already a subscriber to Xfinity.

When I returned to my TV screen, the “Subscribe to Watch” box was gone. Just FYI to Xfinity subscribers who see that box. The box can be removed quickly, once you log into your overall Xfinity account.

Last edited:

ice coverage

per event pages on USFS site for all November 2023 finals -- meaning all Sectional Singles Finals; U.S. Ice Dance Final; and U.S. Pairs Final:
Peacock Premium will live stream senior and junior competition. (Mentioning for those feeling unsure about Peacock's plans for 2023-24 season.)​
Fan Zone will live stream other levels.​

Re U.S. Sectionals/Finals, I am happy to see this reinforcement for my earlier post in the Qualifying thread:

"Peacock Premium is your all-access pass to the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series, U.S. Figure Skating Qualifying Season, ISU Championship events and more," per USFS competition central page for Skate America.

https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/feature/2023SkateAmerica

Sylvia

TBD
NBC Sports' press release (Oct. 18):
For all coverage on E! (which is simulstreamed on Peacock) and the NBC encore, Terry Gannon handles play-by-play, joined by 1998 Nagano Olympic gold medalist Tara Lipinski and three-time U.S. champion Johnny Weir. 2006 Olympic silver medalist Ben Agosto will serve as an analyst on ice dance coverage, and Andrea Joyce will serve as reporter.
In addition to competition coverage, Peacock will stream the Humana Skate America Practice Cam live starting on Thursday, Oct. 19, at 11 a.m. ET. The Humana Skate America Practice Cam will continue throughout the weekend; full details are below.
2023 Skate America LIVE Coverage Schedule
All times Eastern, check local listings, subject to change.

DateDisciplineTime (ET)Platform
Thurs., Oct. 19Practice Cam11 a.m.Peacock
Fri., Oct. 20Practice Cam11 a.m.Peacock
Pairs Short7:25 p.m.Peacock
Pairs Short/Men’s Short7:30 p.m.E!, Peacock
Men’s Short8:50 p.m.Peacock
Sat., Oct. 21Practice Cam9 a.m.Peacock
Rhythm Dance3 p.m.Peacock
Pairs Free4:55 p.m.Peacock
Women’s Short7:15 p.m.Peacock
Women’s Short/Men’s Free8 p.m.E!, Peacock
Men’s Free9 p.m.Peacock
Sun., Oct. 22Practice Cam10:50 a.m.Peacock
Women’s Short/Men’s FreeNoonNBC*
Free Dance2:10 p.m.Peacock
Free Dance/Women’s Free3 p.m.E!, Peacock
Women’s Free4 p.m.Peacock
Exhibition Gala8:30 p.m.Peacock
*Encore presentation

tony

No one has commented this yet AFAIK, but the tiles for Skate America are indeed showing '1 day left to watch'. Seems that 48 hour viewing is happening again this season.

maureenfarone

Interesting that the color coded schedule and the start orders result grid for Skate America are showing the Pairs FS at 4:39 p.m. ET and Peacock and NBC are showing start time as 4:55 p.m. ET. Are they doing a mercy chack of the first pairs team??

joemauerlover

Hi is there a way to see a streaming schedule on peacock for this season? I'm a new peacock subscriber and so excited to see ALL of the skating and just trying to plan out my schedule around skating!

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Hi is there a way to see a streaming schedule on peacock for this season?
Post #1 lists the international events + U.S. Nationals and Peacock will also stream the Senior/Junior events at the 3 Sectional events:

Eastern Sectional Singles Final (Coral Springs, FL)
Singles [Senior/Junior] are Nov. 2-5.

Pacific Coast Sectional Singles & U.S. Pairs Final (Tacoma, WA)
Singles & Pairs [Senior/Junior] are Nov. 9-12.

Midwestern Sectional Singles & U.S. Ice Dance Final (Bloomington, MN)
Singles & Ice Dance [Senior/Junior] are Nov. 16-18.

Sylvia

TBD

Allskate

Jinx!!! :p Mark Hanretty has disappeared from the final event of SCI…
I know! Right after I typed it, he disappeared. I'm sorry! He's been commentating non-stop all day. Maybe he needed something to eat and a bathroom break? Maybe he'll come back for the final flight?

Allskate

He didn't come back. :( I hope that doesn't mean that Peacock realized that we accidentally had his commentary. I really like him. He's informative but restrained in his commentary. He points out errors and problems but also mentions when something is particularly difficult or good. He seems so appreciative of the talent and efforts of the skaters.

tony

He didn't come back. :( I hope that doesn't mean that Peacock realized that we accidentally had his commentary. I really like him. He's informative but restrained in his commentary. He points out errors and problems but also mentions when something is particularly difficult or good. He seems so appreciative of the talent and efforts of the skaters.
I spoke to him and he's not sure why he was dropped from the feed for the mens LP. I don't think it was really planned to have him on US streaming coverage, but clearly there was no rhyme or reason in their setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information