2023-24 U.S. Figure Skating Broadcast Schedule on NBC & Peacock

ice coverage

Peacock streaming's Dates+Start/End Times for Grand Prix series (so far, thru NHK Trophy) are at link below (integrated into one schedule along with NBC and E! coverage):

2023-24 Figure Skating Season Broadcast Schedule
(through November, further broadcasts to be added later this fall)
(dates, times, platforms subject to change)

So, I finally gave in and gave up my NBC Peacock virginity. I don't see the Grand Prix Final listed among the upcoming live events -- and I signed up specifically to catch the pairs event, which I know will be chacked since no US teams qualified. Any advice for this novice??

GPF listings have been added to the schedule above, so I would advise patience for GPF to show up within Peacock. :)

Time (ET)

Dec. 7
Grand Prix Final Pairs’ Short 4:55-5:47 a.m. Peacock
Grand Prix Final Men’s Short 6:07-6:51 a.m. Peacock
Dec. 8
Grand Prix Final Pairs’ Free 3:45-4:46 a.m. Peacock
Grand Prix Final Women’s Short 6:55-7:39 a.m. Peacock
Grand Prix Final Rhythm Dance 8-8:52 a.m. Peacock
Dec. 9
Grand Prix Final Free Dance 4:50-5:50 a.m. Peacock
Grand Prix Final Women’s Free 6:10-7:03 a.m. Peacock
Grand Prix Final Men’s Free 7:27-8:20 a.m. Peacock
Grand Prix Final Highlights 9 a.m. E!*
Dec. 10
Grand Prix Final Gala 1:30-4 a.m. Peacock
Grand Prix Final Highlights 4 p.m. NBC*

*Delayed broadcast.

They have not traveled to a lot of these events in years. They just do them from a studio in New York.

The concept is of course the same, but for those who like details, I think that NBC Sports headquarters in Connecticut is where they go (except when they do travel to a event). IIRC, on Weir's social media, he sometimes has referred to going to Connecticut to record NBC commentary.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So, I finally gave in and gave up my NBC Peacock virginity. I don't see the Grand Prix Final listed among the upcoming live events -- and I signed up specifically to catch the pairs event, which I know will be chacked since no US teams qualified. Any advice for this novice??
I use this link to find the FS on Peacock:

Generally, stuff shows up about 2 weeks before it will air. Once I see it at this link, I go in and make everything I want to watch be in my My Stuff list. So then when it's time watch, I go to My Stuff and there they are right at the top of the list.

Hope that helps

A.H.Black

I have been checking. I suspect it will show up on the schedule tomorrow or Monday. Using the search feature is usually useless. I generally go to sports and scroll down till I find figure skating. Then, like MacMadame, I put everything in "My stuff". It used to be easier to get it all there. I seem to remember being able to put everything from an event in with on button. No more. I have to check every individual event.

I definitely will not be watching anything live. Here's hoping for a 72 hour replay time. That seems to work out OK although I wish it were up till the next event started

maureenfarone

It is 7:07 a.m. on Tuesday morning here in Ohio. Peacock tiles for the GP Final are still not up on the Peacock website. By this time Thursday morning 2 events will be over - at least according the schedule from October 3.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? I don't have X or Instagram and I don't think Peacock has email or phone numbers available so I feel clueless. Is the schedule being revised? Is Peacock not streaming this event? Maybe Peacock needs help with the time conversion??

It is now 10:46 a.m. and Peacock has the tiles up for Grand Prix Final.

Last edited:

A.H.Black

It is 7:07 a.m. on Tuesday morning here in Ohio. Peacock tiles for the GP Final are still not up on the Peacock website. By this time Thursday morning 2 events will be over - at least according the schedule from October 3.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? I don't have X or Instagram and I don't think Peacock has email or phone numbers available so I feel clueless. Is the schedule being revised? Is Peacock not streaming this event? Maybe Peacock needs help with the time conversion??
I just searched under "figure skating" and they came up. They are still not up in Sports - Typical Peacock incompetence. I am now going on a search to see if the Jr. Grand Prix final is available on the youtube ISU channel - or somewhere.

PS - you have to do a new search. MacMadame's link did not work for me.

ETA - Jr. Grand Prix is available on the youtube ISU channel. I don't know if it's geoblocked. Hope not.
EATA - The tiles are now up in Sports.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I have been checking. I suspect it will show up on the schedule tomorrow or Monday. Using the search feature is usually useless. I generally go to sports and scroll down till I find figure skating. Then, like MacMadame, I put everything in "My stuff". It used to be easier to get it all there. I seem to remember being able to put everything from an event in with on button. No more. I have to check every individual event.

I definitely will not be watching anything live. Here's hoping for a 72 hour replay time. That seems to work out OK although I wish it were up till the next event started
If you are in the app rather than on your Roku or whatever then the search function works great. I've never had a problem just clicking on the magnifying glass and typing in "figure skating" which then pops up all of the upcoming events.

As @MacMadame said, they usually appear 2 weeks prior to the competition date - and, specifically, two weeks before that particular event segment. For example, when I added the US Dance Final events to "My Stuff", originally only the Jr & Sr RDs appeared because I was searching exactly 2 weeks before they were scheduled, but the Jr & Sr FDs weren't available yet because they were scheduled for 2 weeks & 1 day later. The following week, I got around to looking for and adding the FDs that hadn't been available the week before because I searched a day too early.

I do agree, it's a pain to have to add each individual event tile to "My Stuff", but I suppose it's a small price to pay.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I just searched under "figure skating" and they came up. They are still not up in Sports - Typical Peacock incompetence. I am now going on a search to see if the Jr. Grand Prix final is available on the youtube ISU channel - or somewhere.

PS - you have to do a new search. MacMadame's link did not work for me.

ETA - Jr. Grand Prix is available on the youtube ISU channel. I don't know if it's geoblocked. Hope not.
EATA - The tiles are now up in Sports.
JGPF is not geoblocked - NBC/Peacock only has rights for domestic junior events.

Jonas

If you are in the app rather than on your Roku or whatever then the search function works great. I've never had a problem just clicking on the magnifying glass and typing in "figure skating" which then pops up all of the upcoming events.

As @MacMadame said, they usually appear 2 weeks prior to the competition date - and, specifically, two weeks before that particular event segment. For example, when I added the US Dance Final events to "My Stuff", originally only the Jr & Sr RDs appeared because I was searching exactly 2 weeks before they were scheduled, but the Jr & Sr FDs weren't available yet because they were scheduled for 2 weeks & 1 day later. The following week, I got around to looking for and adding the FDs that hadn't been available the week before because I searched a day too early.

I do agree, it's a pain to have to add each individual event tile to "My Stuff", but I suppose it's a small price to pay.
Quick question: so, I just saved the Ladies and Men's FS to "My Stuff." Does that mean that Peacock "archives" it for me and I can watch it "On-Demand," i.e., maybe Monday evening??

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Quick question: so, I just saved the Ladies and Men's FS to "My Stuff." Does that mean that Peacock "archives" it for me and I can watch it "On-Demand," i.e., maybe Monday evening??
The on-demand window is 48 hours I think, possibly 72. It will stay in My Stuff until that window expires.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
"My Stuff" is just a bookmark. It doesn't change anything except to add another place to find the things you put in there.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Also, don't overstress spending 'an hour' looking for event tiles when all you have to do is look at the official event schedule, know what time the events will start, and log in to Peacock, click Sports, and one of the first sections is Live & Upcoming. The skating will always be one of the first things.

Even if you have something bookmarked to your stuff, it's not going to send you alerts when it's about to start AFAIK so it really doesn't matter if you're proactive or not.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Even if you have something bookmarked to your stuff, it's not going to send you alerts when it's about to start AFAIK so it really doesn't matter if you're proactive or not.
The only time I check ahead is when confirming my time conversions. As for reminders, I do set up alerts on my phone, especially when the segment starts at a time I’m likely to be doing other things.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I noticed yesterday that Peacock already has the tiles up for Europeans. Starts January 10th.
Thanks for sharing that. I went to Peacock yesterday and added the Euros to "my stuff". I really like that feature with Peacock.

A.H.Black

Peacock tiles are up for Nationals - including a big bunch of practice cams.

So far it only goes to Friday, the 26th. I'm guessing the 27th and 28th will appear in the next few days.

I also note that Europeans is available to watch for 28 days after the date of competition. Here's hoping for the rest of the competitions to come.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Peacock tiles are up for Nationals - including a big bunch of practice cams. ...

Nice to see that Peacock will show Senior practices both in the Main Rink and in the Practice Rink.

(Maybe it helps that the Columbus practice rink is attached to the main arena, which was not the case for San Jose and Nashville.)

If anyone is wondering: Novice Dance and Novice Pairs competition will be available on USFS YouTube channel, per USFS event page.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
No. I’ve tried all possible TV-screen options (Sport-skating…the search…).

love skating

Clueless American
For the Peacock Youth Olympic tiles I'm wondering if the one that says "singles free skate" is both the men and women's free skates and the one that says "free skate" is both the pairs free skate and free dance? They don't give much info on them.

Edited to add: my theory doesn't seem to work as the singles one is scheduled for 2 and a half hours and the one that just says free skate is 1 hour 45 minutes. So not enough time to show two disciplines... who knows what will be shown - maybe some more new tiles will come up later - hopefully!

Evgeniafan

For the Peacock Youth Olympic tiles I'm wondering if the one that says "singles free skate" is both the men and women's free skates and the one that says "free skate" is both the pairs free skate and free dance? They don't give much info on them.

Edited to add: my theory doesn't seem to work as the singles one is scheduled for 2 and a half hours and the one that just says free skate is 1 hour 45 minutes. So not enough time to show two disciplines... who knows what will be shown - maybe some more new tiles will come up later - hopefully!
I can't find them on peacock. How do I search for them?

sk9tingfan

I can't find them on peacock. How do I search for them?
Move your cursor after the main screen appears to the left. Then, move the cursor down to the Sport option. Then scroll down until you hit Figure Skating(pretty far down and not in alphabetic order. The first tile is the ice dance practice cam. For subseqent events, move the cursor to the right. To save to my stuff, click on the plus sign.

sk9tingfan

Move your cursor after the main screen appears to the left. Then, move the cursor down to the Sport option. Then scroll down until you hit Figure Skating(pretty far down and not in alphabetic order. The first tile is the ice dance practice cam. For subseqent events, move the cursor to the right. To save to my stuff, click on the plus sign.
Check in periodically as they will add more tiles for subsequent events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information