Royalty Thread #13: Zooming in on our favorite royals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Princess Estelle and Queen Maxima had fun appearances this week (not together ;)):
Estelle's outfit is much better.

Than her mom's as well ;)

Hopefully, she continues to have so much fun doing those official events as she grows older.
Maxima's was entirely her style and vibe though. I don't care for the 1970s color palette but Maxima can rock it with her coloring.

Estelle looked fantastic! I'm less a fan of Victoria's boho chic dress than Maxima's '70s color palette, FWIW.

But, really, they all look wonderful and far more put together than I've ever managed in my lifetime, lol.

MLIS

She looks so well, after looking so vulnerable and broken at Prince Philip’s funeral. But she has shrunk so much! Not just lost weight (although she clearly has, and her clothes have not been taken in so she looks like she is swimming in fabric), but in height as well. But her sparkle is there, in eyes and smile. The others seem very protective of her, I wouldn’t be surprised if she told them to stop hovering!

Parsley Sage

The Daily Mail has video of the Queen cutting the cake with the sword. I love that she declined to use the knife because the sword was more unusual. She has probably cut so many cakes and ribbons, unveiled so many plaques and planted so many trees that it's a nice change to do it in a different way. (and yes, I know she's cut cakes with swords before)

becca

The Daily Mail has video of the Queen cutting the cake with the sword. I love that she declined to use the knife because the sword was more unusual. She has probably cut so many cakes and ribbons, unveiled so many plaques and planted so many trees that it's a nice change to do it in a different way. (and yes, I know she's cut cakes with swords before)

The Queen looked so happy. In the photos I am glad

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...

Gosh I 💘 this woman! The Queen and Moskvina simply cannot ever die!

Japanfan

I always wonder if she wears old sweat pants and concert T shirts like the rest of us when she’s alone and in the privacy of her own bedroom.
I doubt she wears concert T shirts, as I don't know that she ever goes to concerns (except those hosted on her properties).

And I doubt she wears old sweat pants. More likely, new sweat pants - even more likely, silk pajamas.

But I bet she enjoys having pizza or a grilled cheese sandwich in bed or bedroom, just like the masses do.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I doubt she wears concert T shirts, as I don't know that she ever goes to concerns (except those hosted on her properties).

And I doubt she wears old sweat pants. More likely, new sweat pants - even more likely, silk pajamas.

But I bet she enjoys having pizza or a grilled cheese sandwich in bed or bedroom, just like the masses do.
I have never eaten a pizza or a grilled cheese in bed or bedroom. Am I missing something? :confused:

Parsley Sage

A quick scan of articles says she has never eaten pizza, not that she can't eat pizza. Also read that she doesn't eat fast food in general but she does enjoy hamburgers.

MLIS

I know she can't eat pizza. There's actually been articles about it.
You regularly make these pronouncements about what the royal family can and can’t eat. A quick Google search showed many articles quoting one chef from Buckingham Palace who said he was never asked to make it for her. One might surmise from that that she doesn’t particularly like pizza, or it doesn’t agree with her, but there’s nothing that says she’s not allowed to eat it. I’m sure she has her likes and dislikes, just like anyone else. But there’s no long list of foods royals ”can’t“ eat.

canbelto

You regularly make these pronouncements about what the royal family can and can’t eat. A quick Google search showed many articles quoting one chef from Buckingham Palace who said he was never asked to make it for her. One might surmise from that that she doesn’t particularly like pizza, or it doesn’t agree with her, but there’s nothing that says she’s not allowed to eat it. I’m sure she has her likes and dislikes, just like anyone else. But there’s no long list of foods royals ”can’t“ eat.

Actually there is. There's a huge list of things they can't eat. They can't eat garlic and onions, shell fish, pasta, bread, rice, potatoes, tomato sauce, spicy foods, foreign foods, foie gras. They also are not allowed to eat anything with their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information