Netflix/Prime/Hulu Discoveries

dinakt

Ratings
Started watching Shtisel and besides the Hebrew, am I hearing Yiddish when the older lady in the nursing home speaks? I don’t speak either but am very familiar with the sound of Yiddish. It’s a Jewish tradition for the grandparents to speak Yiddish when they don’t want the grandkids to understand ;)
Yup! I don't speak Yiddish but between understanding German and knowing Yiddish expressions, was getting a lot. This show has GREAT older ladies, some of my favorite scenes. And Grandma's family speaks Yiddish with her, and Hebrew with each other.
Also, thank you for "The Lion in your Room" recommendation! Definitely will save to watch with family.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
Ratings
Thanks for the Catwalk recommendation - that was a lot of fun. I've always been a shelter kitty person, but Bobby sure seemed like a fun kitty cat, and not what I think of when I imagine show cats.
Bobby seems like a down to earth cat but not Oh La La. You can't hold a full time job and have one of these, can you?

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Ratings
I just finished watching Dirty John. Firstly watched the documentary and then the series starring Eric Bana and Connie Britton.

The documentary was quite fascinating. I felt they overused the dramatic music but still the story was really interesting.

Bana was very good as Dirty John in the series. It is only 8 episodes which was just enough. As it built towards the end it got very engrossing and really did quite a bit of background that explained events. Worth watching.

Funny thing Alan Ruck who played Cameron in Ferris Bueller's Day Off is also in it. I kept going "That is Cameron".

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Ratings
Has anyone seen Kitten Rescuers on Netflix?

British program hosted by Jo Brand (who is an absolute cat lover). They follow rescues of cats and kittens, kitties being adopted and all sorts of cats being treated at vets with some nice kitty stories. So many little :cat: to :swoon: over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)