1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by DORISPULASKI, Apr 22, 2014.

1. DreamsofBliss

DreamsofBliss Well-Known Member

mollymgr likes this.
  2. Sylvia

Sylvia Recovering from U.S. Sectionals

Congratulations to Madison & Evan on winning the Professional Skaters Association's EDI Award for Best Performance at 2017 Nationals!
    The award is based on the "total performance" with an eye to costuming, presentation, music selection, choreography, style, and technique.

Yesterday I posted the news of all the winners here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/in...2017-u-s-nationals.97306/page-16#post-5027124
    "A formal presentation of these awards will take place during U.S. Figure Skating’s Champs Camp later this year."

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  3. Sylvia

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    twizzletoes76 likes this.
  4. DreamsofBliss

DORISPULASKI, vireo and lauravvv like this.
  5. AngieNikodinovLove

AngieNikodinovLove Well-Known Member

STUNNINGGGGG!!!! Even the last one. LOL.

They werent taking a vacation Before Worlds, were they?

Or was this a stop on their way back from 4CC?

6. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan Author of the Ice and Edge Series

They stopped in Hawaii on the way back from 4CC for a week of vacation to recharge for Worlds. From all the pics they look very refreshed and reenergized!

AngieNikodinovLove and lauravvv like this.
  7. AngieNikodinovLove

AngieNikodinovLove Well-Known Member

8. Barbara Manatee

Barbara Manatee Well-Known Member

I hope they do! I've started to look forward to their FD more than anyone else's, and I never expected that at the start of the season.

nuge likes this.
  9. TanithandBenFan

vireo likes this.
  10. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

11. TanithandBenFan

12. Barbara Manatee

Barbara Manatee Well-Known Member

It sounds as though all of the dance teams are getting right back to work. I'm happy they're back with Christopher Dean, I think his programs suit them well and help them stand out.

13. DreamsofBliss

14. Sylvia

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Debbie S and vireo like this.
  15. vireo

vireo Well-Known Member

Some nice photos. Thanks for posting Sylvia. Don't think I've ever seen Evan look quite so tiffed. :)

16. Sylvia

mollymgr likes this.
  17. vireo

vireo Well-Known Member

18. TanithandBenFan

mylifeback and mollymgr like this.
  19. Sylvia

Madison Chock & Evan Bates | Catching Up With Team USA (taped before the final weekend of SOI shows while they were in Colorado Springs) -- Evan said they are working on their [La La Land] FD choreography with Christopher Dean and will return after the tour to continue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IjNr7urffc

ETA: I think this is the first time they've mentioned publicly that Dean would be choreographing their 2017-18 free dance?

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    mylifeback and vireo like this.
  20. DreamsofBliss

Their GP schedule is China and France. Papadakis and Cizeron will be at both and their other main competition in China is Bobrova/Soloviev and in France Weaver/Poje.

mylifeback likes this.
  21. flippedstargirl

flippedstargirl Active Member

No more La La Land Free... I can't decide if I'm happy or sad about that.

DORISPULASKI likes this.
  22. TanithandBenFan

I'm sad. I thought it could've been a really stylish program for them. I loved their foxtrot SD and their old Hollywood glam SD.

I'm very excited for the Marc Anthony SD. It's not over used Latin program music.

chapis, legjumper, mollymgr and 2 others like this.
  23. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I really wanted a Marc Anthony piece this season, so I'm happy one team decided to use him.

mylifeback and DORISPULASKI like this.
  24. flippedstargirl

flippedstargirl Active Member

I agree. It also would have played well to the general-I-watch-skating-once-every-four-years crowd as well.

But on the other hand Imagine could do the same. And because something more abstract worked well for them this past season, maybe they decided that would be a better route.

Hopefully they turn what they had for La La Land into an expo number.

DORISPULASKI likes this.
  25. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

I am HAPPY enough for both of us!

26. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the season is starting out as a mess already. Sorry

27. Karpenko

Karpenko Not Impressed.

LIAR!

They haven't even competed it yet, I mean if they survived that FD music from last year...they should be fine?

I'm not an uber by any means, but I'm not thinking they'll be dropping just yet. They could still very well beat my favs Hubbell & Donohue once again. They won a world medal with that Rach program, after all.

28. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

Skaters are always making tweaks and sometimes major changes to programs. The season hasn't even started yet and we haven't seen anyone's FDs. I would have preferred La La Land but I'm going to wait until I see the Imagine FD before passing judgment. How about we wait to see everyone's programs before declaring anyone's season "a mess"?

lauravvv likes this.
  29. nimi

nimi Well-Known Member

What, we should refrain from baseless speculation and needless catastrophizing?!? NEVAH!! :drama:

But seriously, teams like C/B and WeaPo have shown us in the past that they can handle scrapping programs AFTER competing them in senior-Bs and quickly coming up with new ones without ruining their season, so...

I'm not sold on the 'Imagine' concept, but then again I was very 'meh' and 'blah' about their Rachmaninov throughout the 2015-16 season -- yet somehow C/B made me appreciate that program and even like it when they skated it in Boston.

30. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Whoa! Trying to catch up and completely missed this! Could you please point out where this was discussed? Thanks!