From Russia with Love [#31]: Winter to Spring 2019

Tinami Amori

Interesting, if Tuk had skated at Nationals and skated like she did at GPF, she would make the Euro team ahead of Sam. Sam wouldn't then have become Euro Champ and secured her ticket to Worlds. The team would then be Zag, Tuk and Med.

There are discussions going on, on russian fan sites, but some people are "from the rinks", that Mishin may be allowed to make a choice, between Sam and Tuk, and all the issues that may come with it. (I don't think it is right, but there is such an idea).

I wouldn’t be surprised if she already left.
no, you see... a Canadia site posted an article that Medvedeva is returning to Russia, leaving Canada, to train in Moscow again. It is in French.
https://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports/1155488/patinage-artistique-evgenia-medvedeva-canada-russie

It does not sound right to me. It sounds like some one mistranslated in the original text the words "back" and "return".

So if the Russian news say "Medvedeva is back on the Russian team" it might have been mistranslated as "Medvedeva returned to Russia", or something like this. And then Radio-Canada made it "more exciting" by saying "she is leaving Canada".. I don't think so.

Last edited:

sharsk8s

Kind of random but I am just curious in the p/c vs v/m rivalry who did Tat support (since we know she has strong opinions). I feel like someone here is most likely to know

Tinami Amori

Kind of random but I am just curious in the p/c vs v/m rivalry who did Tat support (since we know she has strong opinions). I feel like someone here is most likely to know
From what i heard during her comments at various events, she heavily favors P/C, gushes about their skating all the time, in her usual phrases about soul, heart, etc. She never said anything negative about V/M, but she never gushed about them, just tried to give "objective evaluation" when skated great. She was sneaky at the Korean Olympics, avoided saying "P/C should win, V/M should be second", she just said "both deserve gold". She was not happy when V/M won, made few "hints" that they are not the strongest team of the decade, by mentioning Davis/White beating them, etc.

Mad for Skating

I'll make it "clean": those who evoke the name of "Stalin" and want him back, are not doing it for their own benefit, but against their nasty neighbor.
====

oy..... we can guess for ever what will happen in the World's Team. In nut shell, Russian Federation ideally would want Zag-Med-Tuk on World Team. They can't do it "cleanly" and not set off a internal war, for many reasons. They are not removing Zag (unless she is injured and she is not). They can't remove Sam because she is a Euro-champ.

If pick came between Med and Tuk, they want Tuk. But then they would piss off the "TAT + Med-sponsors" camp. If they leave Tuk behind and appoint Med, they will not only piss off Mishin, but leave him a horrible and unavoidable choice, to pick between Tuk and Sam, and he will have to do it, because the Feds dumped it on him.

They are leaning towards leaving Sam-Zag-Konst (if she does well at Universade) because it will keep peace in the Federation. Even if Konst has less abilities, it will avoid a very major "war" inside the Federation.

This is and has been a circus... it has nothing to do with "sports principles" (I have an opinion who started it, but its been done). But that's how it is.
- Best possible team: Zag-Med-Tuk.
- Best peace-bringing team: Zag-Sam-Konst.
- any option such as "Zag-Sam-Med" or "Zag-Sam-Tuk" means "internal war".

(... and then some one can always hang Tarasova and Co.... but that won't happen either).

:rollin:

Well, that was a long and unnecessary post. I just asked for a short joke.

Liza is going to Universiade instead of Sotskova, according to MatchTV

Hope she slays there :kickass:

Imagine how stupid the fed will look when Liza gets a higher score at Universiade than any of the girls at Worlds...

I feel bad for Tuk, but I also feel bad for Med, cause she's going to get a lot of backlash, and she probably hasn't asked for any of it. I hope she goes to Worlds and skates with her heart not thinking about medals, cause it was really missing last week. Poor Tuk. Will she get another chance in her career?

I agree with this. I prefer Tuktamysheva over Medvedeva, but the hate for Medvedeva is simply insane. Not to mention Konstantinova.

She had few comments on her site like "smash Zagitova's face", "she is Tartar, same as Chechens, they all muslims/same religion, same language, and all alike", and other "calls for agression" against Zagitova (some thinly veiled, etc).

Not to mention, she called Alina a “cheap wh*re” and Trusova a “sl*t”. The woman is insane.

She's a grown woman and grown women tend to engage in sex. Nothing wrong with that. I'm all for it!

However...being that female figure skaters are seen as "sweet, innocent and wholesome" (a lie in most cases I'm sure) it may not have been the best idea to talk about sex so freely with her federation able to see/hear everything she says. I find her rather entertaining but seeing as how figure skaters are always trying to maintain that virginal image, I wouldn't be shocked if the fed held that against her in some way or another. I remember she got a lot of backlash from her mid-program wardrobe change during her "Toxic" EX this year from some people.

This whole “purity” thing about skating is getting really old.
While I love some traditional, ladylike skaters, I don’t have a problem with Liza. Sex is just a normal thing in life and acting like it’s a crime is just ridiculous. And I don’t think she does it in a trashy way - it’s her body and she has the right to show as much or as little as she wants.

Come on people, Liza is not the first person to skate a raunchy program. May I introduce you to Virtue/Moir’s Carmen? Or how could I forget Tarasova/Morozov’s Candyman, complete with polka dots and an epic wedgie?

Nicole Della Monica and Matteo Guarise did an exhibition involving some striptease and Keegan Messing skated in a loincloth for heaven’s sake...

If smart they would’ve sent Tukt, Zagitova and Medvedeva- leaving the other girl off team.

“The other girl” (Samodurova, since you seem to have forgotten her name) is honestly their safest bet. She’s skated well at every competition this year. Not to mention, she beat Medvedeva at nationals. If anyone has earned their spot here, it’s Samodurova.

Ka3sha

Btw, I am kinda sorry for Sotskova.
After that bad season with its worst highlight at nationals, I thought, Universiade could be some nice chance of redemption and a great farewell for her in front of her home crowd(if she is not deciding to continue).
There were some interviews with her after Nationals, she said that she is focusing on the next season and doesn't plan to retire.

S

SmallFairy

Btw, I am kinda sorry for Sotskova.
After that bad season with its worst highlight at nationals, I thought, Universiade could be some nice chance of redemption and a great farewell for her in front of her home crowd(if she is not deciding to continue).

I need to get that hard-crying last image of her outta my mind :(
Her coach (?) is so supportive. And we'll always have that Schnitke SP! (Not the FS!!! Zzzz)

Finsta

Well, that was a long and unnecessary post. I just asked for a short joke.

Imagine how stupid the fed will look when Liza gets a higher score at Universiade than any of the girls at Worlds...

I agree with this. I prefer Tuktamysheva over Medvedeva, but the hate for Medvedeva is simply insane. Not to mention Konstantinova.

Not to mention, she called Alina a “cheap wh*re” and Trusova a “sl*t”. The woman is insane.

This whole “purity” thing about skating is getting really old.
While I love some traditional, ladylike skaters, I don’t have a problem with Liza. Sex is just a normal thing in life and acting like it’s a crime is just ridiculous. And I don’t think she does it in a trashy way - it’s her body and she has the right to show as much or as little as she wants.

Come on people, Liza is not the first person to skate a raunchy program. May I introduce you to Virtue/Moir’s Carmen? Or how could I forget Tarasova/Morozov’s Candyman, complete with polka dots and an epic wedgie?

Nicole Della Monica and Matteo Guarise did an exhibition involving some striptease and Keegan Messing skated in a loincloth for heaven’s sake...

“The other girl” (Samodurova, since you seem to have forgotten her name) is honestly their safest bet. She’s skated well at every competition this year. Not to mention, she beat Medvedeva at nationals. If anyone has earned their spot here, it’s Samodurova.

Ha- I don’t frequent the gossip sites or devote life to getting the goods and drama to knowing all things Russian. I think her skating is juniorish. Choreography very junior . If you disagree that’s fine. But doesn’t change opinions of others

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
So Radio Canada has now updated and corrected their article: "Radio-Canada Sports wants to rectify an article published Wednesday. We wrote that Evgenia Medvedeva was leaving Canada to continue her career in Russia. This is not the case."

feraina

Because The Russian Cup final was used as a last attempt to justify putting who they really wanted on the team.
I disagree. If they already knew they wanted Medvedeva, they would’ve announced the team as soon as the RCF concluded. The result was clearly unexpected and engendered so much discussion and confusion that they had to cope with the ISU deadline in a really chaotic way.

If Liza had won, I’m sure they would’ve picked her without hesitating. Or if Med would’ve won without any errors, that would’ve been an easy decision too.

Tinami Amori

Looks like Sasha Trusova will represent Adidas:
https://sun1-7.userapi.com/c849428/v849428259/13f418/TPvysturmAg.jpg

Tatiana Totmyanina is out of the first stage of her rehabilitation programme (special programme designed to return a person to "life of normal walking abilities" after injuries).
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuWVfaElKhh/

Alexei Mishin refused to answer reporters' question.
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1072086468.html

AM: I understand what you want to ask about. I can not comment on the subject. This is a very painful issue for me. Why? Well, take a guess.
Q: So (therefore) you're upset that the choice was not made for Tuktamysheva?
AM: Don't attribute words to me that i did not say. If you don't understand, why it is a heavy and painful question for me, then we have nothing to talk about (then what else can we talk about)?

Rina RUS

Tatiana Totmyanina is out of the first stage of her rehabilitation programme (special programme designed to return a person to "life of normal walking abilities" after injuries).
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuWVfaElKhh/

Oh, Tatiana's portrait doesn't tell anything, does it?

She also posted this nice video :)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuONJ6UFd7w/

Later she was saying they were preparing to the beach season (even though Alexei was busy with the Universiade and other projects)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuZBFgfF8PB/

Here she says they are "going to the springtime" :)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BubXcEAlWBJ/

Even though Alexei says perfect people do not exist, he somehow answers his wife is perfect, when they are asked about any flaws. I haven't read "Mary Poppins" in English. What does Mary say about herself? "Lady Perfection"?
If they have to work together and to have rest together, they are happy. If Tanya goes to Paris only with Liza, they are happy. If the kids stay only with Alexei, they are happy too. They have a nurse, but they tell he could do without a nurse from the very beginning. Having to look after the kids or to work when they have a rest, he says he lives in paradise.
Tanya is Lady Perfection indeed, isn't she? :)

(people ask about Liza's school, when they see photos from "the springtime"... who knows how the parents manage to keep teaching Liza now, but these parents say again and again, that education is the top priority. It happened, that Liza kept saying she had no homework, but after that she had to do all that homework during vacation)

Tinami Amori

I blame it all on her coach forcing thsoe ugly tanos for her.
Sotskova made it clear and public at the beginning of this season that her priority is her University studies (which are full time and in-class), even she'll try to skate competitively. The time she is spending on skating is obviously not enough for her to stay on top. The Federation sees her priorities and results, and are not placing her in front of the line for main events.

She is invited to skate in shows, and did quite well this winter: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bslp5tbAgyU/

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information