From Russia with Love [#33]: Summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanca

Values her privacy
But then again...have you seen "Cabaret"? That's pretty much what Liza Minnelli is wearing in one of the most famous scenes of that movie.
I know what they tried to express, but they are just standing out the wrong way. Maybe there would be a way to make the costume looking a bit more classy, or maybe it was unfortunate choice of program. Saying that, Moulin Rouge is also quite frequently used music in skating and yet the skaters don’t look so bad on the ice.

LoopCombo

I know what they tried to express, but they are just standing out the wrong way. Maybe there would be a way to make the costume looking a bit more classy, or maybe it was unfortunate choice of program. Saying that, Moulin Rouge is also quite frequently used music in skating and yet the skaters don’t look so bad on the ice.

I thought Popova and Mozgov looked hilarious and grotesque, that the choreography was original and the performance fun to watch. I personally don’t see it as a misguided choice, rather it’s just deliberately provocative and not to everyone’s taste. They obviously want to be different, and it was well executed, including the comedy. If they’re within the performance and costume rules, why not go for something other than sexy or beautiful? It’s theater, it’s absurd, I thought it was fun.

Tinami Amori

I know what they tried to express, but they are just standing out the wrong way.
That! they intentionally try to "provoke" and to "disturb the norms", as they said it themselves, they want to be the "bad kids on the block" (there are interviews and posts from their own words). It's is good to introduce something new, fresh, individual, WHEN it happens naturally, due to one's vision, and NOT as an intent in itself.

They are not that good yet. First improve and raise to the top, then you can "show off and kick the norms". When you start with "kicking the norms", it looks obnoxious and gets one nowhere.

Torvill and Dean came out with new and never-seen-before Bolero, because that was their vision of "Bolero" and ice dancing, and NOT because their purpose was primarily to "rock the boat".

In case of P/M..... they looked and behaved "cheap and vulgar" two years ago, and still do now.

Their own coach, Krylova, in yesterday's interview, said it quite openly "she wished she could take away their social media, because they say too much, and often the wrong and annoying things". She also indirectly hinted that "what Popova does sometimes, shocks her, and she wish she could control it".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information