DWTS Season 27

Sylvia

TBD
The rest of the cast was revealed on GMA this morning (includes video): https://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/news/updates/dwts-fall-2018-cast-announcement

Season 27 Dancing with the Stars Pairs

• Alexis Ren and Alan Bersten
• Bobby Bones and Sharna Burgess
• Danelle Umstead and Artem Chigvintsev
• DeMarcus Ware and Lindsay Arnold
• Evanna Lynch and Keo Motsepe
• Joe "Grocery Store Joe" Amabile and Jenna Johnson
• John Schneider and Emma Slater
• Juan Pablo Di Pace and Cheryl Burke
• Mary Lou Retton and Sasha Farber
• Milo Manheim and Witney Carson
• Nancy McKeon and Val Chmerkovskiy
• Nikki Glaser and Gleb Savchenko
• Tinashe and Brandon Armstrong

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Jo! From Facts of Life!

And Bo Duke! How has he not been on this show yet?

Last edited:

screech

Oooh, someone else I actually know. Evanna Lynch played Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter movies. Disappointed she got Keo, though. I want her to do well!

screech

I hadn't connected the dots, but Milo Manheim is the son of Camryn Manheim (best known for her Emmy-winning role in the TV show 'The Practice')

I will say, even if she's not great, Evanna Lynch will likely stick around for a bit because of the Harry Potter fandom. I'm hoping she does well, though.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Yikes! Are they HOPING to be cancelled? I only recognize about 3 of the "celebrities" and even the cast of professional dancer's is running on fumes...
I usually recognize more of the stars than I did this time. :/

screech

Even when I don't recognize the celebrities; I usually find "pleasant surprises" to follow.
Same here. I'd had no idea who James Hinchcliffe was, but he was by far my favourite of his season (and still think he should have won).

And some that I do know end up surprising me. I found Pamela Anderson (who is apparently heading to do the French version?) somewhat surprisingly elegant and graceful. Tonya Harding was much more elegant than I expected. Frankie Muniz was just so lovable!

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I saw Mary Lou & Sasha on some kind of morning show today. It was posted on the net so I'm not sure which show but she is looking great & having lots of fun.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
DWare is a serious sweetheart with a big dimply smile. He'll win a lot of viewers over quickly.

screech

Week 1 dances:

Alexis Ren and Alan Bersten – jive – “Shake the Room” by Gamu
Bobby Bones and Sharna Burgess – jive – “Gimme Some Lovin’” by The Spencer Davis Group
Danelle Umstead and Artem Chigvintsev – foxtrot – “Strong Ones” by Armin van Buuren featuring Cimo Fränkel
DeMarcus Ware and Lindsay Arnold – cha cha – “I Like It (Like That)” by The Blackout Allstars
Evanna Lynch and Keo Motsepe – foxtrot – “Rewrite the Stars” by Zac Efron & Zendaya
Joe “Grocery Store Joe” Amabile and Jenna Johnson – quickstep – “Check It Out” by Oh the Larceny
John Schneider and Emma Slater – foxtrot – “Orange Colored Sky” by Nat “King” Cole
Juan Pablo Di Pace and Cheryl Burke – salsa – “Tu Sonrisa” by Elvis Crespo
Mary Lou Retton and Sasha Farber – cha cha – “Hot Stuff” by Donna Summer
Milo Manheim and Witney Carson – cha cha – “Good Feeling” by Austin French
Nancy McKeon and Val Chmerkovskiy – quickstep – “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina & the Waves
Nikki Glaser and Gleb Savchenko – salsa – “Tres Deseos” by Gloria Estefan
Tinashe and Brandon Armstrong – jive – “Yes” by Merry Clayton

BaileyCatts

I guess they have to do it to keep the show interesting, but I don't like it when there are so many different dance styles in one show, because you can't compare people. I would rather have just 2 styles per night and split the group. Maybe 3 at most. :shuffle:

screech

So I'd had no idea this was happening, but Mark Ballas has taken over the lead role of Charlie Price in Kinky Boots on Broadway for a limited run (Sept 11-Nov 4).

I'm glad to see he's having so much post-DWTS success. It seems like he's having fun on Broadway. The British accent in this show, will probably come a bit easier than the New Jersey accent he put on for Jersey Boys... (though his singing as Frankie Valli seemed pretty good)

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
For Idol fans, the prior Charlie was David Cook. He congratulated Mark in a passing-the-baton post on his last day of the show.

screech

I though Mary Lou did well out of the block. But I don't like their new judging paddles!! And yep, I bet within 2 weeks, Bruno will no longer have a microphone.

Sasha looks like a giant next to Mary Lou!

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
I assume those were Mary Lou's daughters in the front row cheering. Very attractive family and she still moves well for someone who hasn't been in gymnastics or performing for almost 30 years.

screech

I wish Evanna got someone other than Keo, because I like her, and she's good! They were really hard on her (I thought she was the best so far, by far). Seriously, 5 and 6?

I am so team luna, and if they could dance to something wicked this way comes for halloween I will be satisfied
I'd love her to do Bette Midler's version of "I Put A Spell On You" from Hocus Pocus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information