Chinese skating news pt. 5 & social media updates, 2023-24

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Well, Xinyu Liu's Instagram page (xinyuleo) has been hacked with absolutely damning posts. I don't think this comes as a shock to Chinese fans anymore but if you wonder what happened to Wang / Liu you may want to have a check.

ETA - His account is set to private now.

Last edited:

raruki

Seeing what Team Jilin did in NWG’s short-track skating, It's unsurprising that they tried very hard to cover up the dirty stuff behind Liu Xinyu.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Well, Xinyu Liu's Instagram page (xinyuleo) has been hacked with absolutely damning posts. I don't think this comes as a shock to Chinese fans anymore but if you wonder what happened to Wang / Liu you may want to have a check.
um WOW

this is terrible

livetoskate

um WOW

this is terrible
Can anyone give us a synopsis of what's going on? Something about filming girls & eating melon??? Even using the translate function, it's confusing. Where are Wang/Liu anyway? Still in Canada?

Rukia

Can anyone give us a synopsis of what's going on? Something about filming girls & eating melon??? Even using the translate function, it's confusing. Where are Wang/Liu anyway? Still in Canada?
I'm having to parse from people translating things but basically he's a sexual predator including (or particularly?) of underage girls. There are pictures, audio, and video proof that they say will be provided to police.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I'm having to parse from people translating things but basically he's a sexual predator including (or particularly?) of underage girls. There are pictures, audio, and video proof that they say will be provided to police.
IAM must be praying this stuff happened while Wang/Liu were in China and kept from them, otherwise they're in an evolving PR crisis.

Rukia

IAM must be praying this stuff happened while Wang/Liu were in China and kept from them, otherwise they're in an evolving PR crisis.
No it is stated it was in Canada (or in Canada too?). There's also some stuff about artificially inflated bills for their training? Like I said I'm having to piece it together from people who are providing info and some machine translation.

On My Own

So his IG was hacked, but some of the allegations posted there are supposedly not unfounded?
Chinese fans have known for a WHILE now. If you trace back some of their posts + mine, you'll see it goes back to last season. And there's a reason why most of us just stopped talking about them.

Something about filming girls & eating melon

eating melon = gossiping/gossip

the biggest one I was told last year was engaging in sexual intercourse with a minor girl.

Nope quite a bit of it happened in Canada.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved

Wang Shiyue has issued a statement on Weibo saying that Liu's Instagram is hacked and all of the posts on the page are not from him. But she doesn't deny any of the claims on the page and unfollows Liu's Instagram instantly.
How is one able to tell when someone has "instantly" unfollowed another person's Instagram account? Is there a date and time-stamped entry available to other users?

On My Own

How is one able to tell when someone has "instantly" unfollowed another person's Instagram account? Is there a date and time-stamped entry available to other users?
I expect Chinese fans immediately started tracking everyone who was following Liu's account, so they probably did see if she unfollowed straight after making that post.

shirleyfryeburg

IAM KNEW about the incidents back in July of last year I believe. This is the reason of Wang/Liu's sudden return to China before the season even started. The news first came out in Feb/Mar last year I believe but it was covered up and I don't think IAM knew about the details until maybe June/July and that's when they stopped sponsoring Wang/Liu's visa to Canada.

Gris

不做奴才做公民

Jilin Sports Bureau said that they had no idea about the investigation of the incident and told the journalist to ask the Publicity Department. However, the journalist was unable to reach either the Publicity Department or the Ice Sports Administration Center on the phone.

CFSA said they were aware of the incident and were getting more information. The journalist asked whether Liu would compete as scheduled and was told to check the public information.

TL;DR - They won't do anything. And Liu will take the ice in a few minutes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information