Chinese skating news pt. 5 & social media updates, 2023-24

sap5

Not sure how you can have one without the other.
There's nothing about putting on figure skates and skating to music that is inherently bad. There is something about the current culture around skating that is toxic. I believe though, that change can happen, and one day people will be able to put skates on and compete and not end up being either a victim or a monster.

On My Own

Provincial Teams (Funding, National Winter Games 2024 competitions and medals):

Province NameSkater(s)(Discipline)
BeijingChen Yudong (Men), An Xiangyi (Women), Li Ruotang (Women), Tong Ruicheng (Women), Wang Yihan (Women), Gao Shiqi (Women), Zhang Ruiyang (Women)
GuangdongDai Dawei (Men), Peng Zhiming (Men), Xiao/Wang (Ice Dance)
HeilongjiangJin Boyang (Men), Zhang/Yang (Pairs), Chen/Xing (Ice Dance), Li/Wang (Ice Dance), Liu/Ge (Ice Dance)
JilinTian Tonghe (Men), Wang/Liu (Ice Dance), Lin/Gao (Ice Dance)
Is this list accurate? Jin competed for Beijing in the team comp, and seems to be competing beijing again in the individual event. Peng/Wang are also competing for Beijing, never knew their affiliation, although I know they're training in Beijing.

raruki

My thoughts on NWG’s pairs and women

1, Luan Bo's team is a pleasant surprise, all of their junior teams nailed triple twists, throw 3F, and FoDs perfectly in the competition. Without a doubt, a reckoning force in the next JGP season.
2, women's single skating is the most exciting field right now in Chinese figure skating, there are more than ten skaters who can do triple-triple and 5 different triple jumps in their programs. Shame that Team China skipped WJC this season, wish they could have some Junior B events to attend next season.
3, Happy to see Nini gradually back to form.

Last edited:

otisgear

1, Luan Bo's team is a pleasant surprise, all of their junior teams nailed triple twists, throw 3F, and FoDs perfectly in the competition. Without a doubt, a reckoning force in the next JGP season.
It's such a shame that there are not enough JGP slots to go around even for pairs next season. They all deserve to get two assignments and now it's very possible that some might not even get one...

On My Own

Luan Bo's teams are pleasant, but not a surprise :p Remember, she's the one who produced Sui/Han and Yu/Jin...

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
THIS is probably what keeps me awake during work this week. Hope ISU release the entries asap. The deadline is today right?
Worlds entries sre due 8pm ET today, so we should see the initial entries either tomorrow or Wednesday.

I don't think we need to worry about that team going to Worlds.

On My Own

Worlds entries sre due 8pm ET today, so we should see the initial entries either tomorrow or Wednesday.
I think CFed probably sent the expected entries a while back, and listed some subs just in case. I mean, the winners of Pairs and Men were obvious, and they didn't have anyone who qualified for ladies...

Since it was actually Jilin's sports management that was trying to keep 👁👄👁/💩 around and the CFSA that supposedly suspended them, I'd hope the entry are Chen/Xing.

crzesk8dad

Where am I? How do I get off? Do I get ice cream?
My thoughts on NWG’s pairs and women

2, women's single skating is the most exciting field right now in Chinese figure skating, there are more than ten skaters who can do triple-triple and 5 different triple jumps in their programs. Shame that Team China skipped WJC this season, wish they could have some Junior B events to attend next season.
3, Happy to see Nini gradually back to form.
Will Team China lose JGP spots due to not sending anyone to Junior Worlds? Shame that politics between China and Taiwan got in the way of sending athletes.

Karen-W

Will Team China lose JGP spots due to not sending anyone to Junior Worlds? Shame that politics between China and Taiwan got in the way of sending athletes.
Yes. They'll be allowed 2 spots total for Women, Men and Dance, and 3 spots total in Pairs.

shirleyfryeburg

Yes. 2 entries for JGP (maybe 3 for pairs?) in each event next season. It's gonna be quite interesting to see how CFed pick their JGP entries this year.

On My Own

I wish my expectations had been in hell.

Just for the record, I didn't even see 👁👄👁/💩 in gala...(ETA: NVM they were there...) I sincerely hope this is just a visa thing for Chen/Xing and they'll be subbed in if cnetz cry foul for long enough and the process is accelerated for them.

I really need Chinese drama to quell gods.

Last edited:

On My Own

Well the top comments on this about them aren't positive (mostly shocked/ funny? calling them "asia's number one" which I think is a mocking reference to how they were foolishly marketed for long/ saying it was expected because they're asia's number one? IDK). Let's hope someone out there listens. One person did point out the possibility of a sub.

shirleyfryeburg

Well the top comments on this about them aren't positive (mostly shocked/ funny? calling them "asia's number one" which I think is a mocking reference to how they were foolishly marketed for long/ saying it was expected because they're asia's number one? IDK). Let's hope someone out there listens. One person did point out the possibility of a sub.
I truly doubt 👁👄👁/💩 will actually go to Montreal tho?

Karen-W

Eh, it doesn't really matter. Wang/Liu aren't that good this season and might be lucky to make it to the FD given how deep the overall field at Worlds is. Only 20 teams make it to the FD after all.

raruki

If any victims whistleblow about any sh*tfu*kery that Liu Pao did right before any competition, he might suddenly get an illness right before any competition and could pull out of the competition like what he did in Last year 4CC and he suddenly said he got asthma right before the NWG.

On My Own

BTW, just realized the top 2 ladies, Shuxian and Xiangyi, are ethnically Korean.

Could someone explain why those icons came to represent who I think they rerepresent?
I mean 💩 should be obvious. (ETA: @raruki's Liu Pao is pretty perfect though lol)

👁️ 👄 👁️ is me being sarcastic about Wang because she was 炒cp till November last year but I'm sure we're supposed to pretend these allegations (some of which involve herself) come as a shock to her. Basically, caught red-handed, and going like "well, this is awkward". (That particular set of emojis can means something like "shocked woman" or "this is awkward", used by tiktok gen women when texting about themselves when in such situations)

Last edited:

jlai

Question everything
BTW, just realized the top 2 ladies, Shuxian and Xiangyi, are ethnically Korean.

I mean 💩 should be obvious. (ETA: @raruki's Liu Pao is pretty perfect though lol)

👁️ 👄 👁️ is me being sarcastic about Wang because she was 炒cp till November last year but I'm sure we're supposed to pretend these allegations (some of which involve herself) come as a shock to her. Basically, caught red-handed, and going like "well, this is awkward". (That particular set of emojis can means something like "shocked woman" or "this is awkward", used by tiktok gen women when texting about themselves when in such situations)
ok perhaps a more appropriate question should have been: what do those emojis mean? (Esp the first one)
I don’t use emojis beyond the common ones here at fsu

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information