Chinese skating news & social media updates pt. 5, 2023 onwards

On My Own

Peng/Wang's SP: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV18K41187Zr/

In first after the SP. They're a quality pair. May they find their footing by next season (would be great if they finish top 6 at worlds though).

2nd are Zhang/Huang, and 3rd are Zhang/Yang.

Hongyi is in 9th after the SP. Beverly in 18th. (...)

Men's results? IDK where they are. But Zhang He is at 71 points, didn't see Yudong's SP. (Maybe the SP's still going on? Not watching right now.) (ETA: Ah okay, there we go, Yudong's at 79 points, first for the SP; David second with around 75 points.)

(Have to say the video quality is great. Although the tech box needs to be less Windows '98 Powerpoint, if they want to keep it.)

Last edited:

Samurina

Pairs overall results

1. Peng/Wang https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1ge411B7Wc/
2. Zhang/Huang
3. Zhang/Yang

Men overall results

1. Chen Yudong
2. Dai "Daiwei" aka David Day
3. Han Wenbao

(Fourth is Xu Juwen, the third man at CoC this season)

Will edit in women after it is finished.
I saw wang yihan was first after SP so manifesting for her to be national champ so hopefully c-fed ends up giving her JWC instead of Li Ruotang as Wang Yihan was better on JGP.

On My Own

I saw wang yihan was first after SP so manifesting for her to be national champ so hopefully c-fed ends up giving her JWC instead of Li Ruotang as Wang Yihan was better on JGP.
I would agree, but I think it's better if they stick to the selection criteria already established earlier, so they should only take Junior Nats into account. Next season, I hope they add some body of work criterion for the skaters, though.

(I 100% get why seniors are only based on NWG this season, by the way. But next season I'd hope to see body of work added for all skaters and all disiciplines.)

ETA: Yudong LOOKS recovered, so maybe he will take that 4CC spot? IDK why they won't just let him rest, though. Why not just skate the full season in juniors, since that's what he seemed to be going for anyway.

Last edited:

Gris

不做奴才做公民
I would agree, but I think it's better if they stick to the selection criteria already established earlier, so they should only take Junior Nats into account. Next season, I hope they add some body of work criterion for the skaters, though.

(I 100% get why seniors are only based on NWG this season, by the way. But next season I'd hope to see body of work added for all skaters and all disiciplines.)

How to evaluate the "body of work" properly when CFSA hardly assigns skaters to international events though?

I see why people want Yihan to go to WJC - next year the Junior Women scene in China will be very crowded so the more JGP spots the better - but since there is an established criterion I also hope they do not just render it useless.

On My Own

How to evaluate the "body of work" properly when CFSA hardly assigns skaters to international events though?
It would be easy for juniors. Club league + JGP + JNats. Just make sure the Club League Final of all things isn't being prioritized for the juniors, and make sure the maximum number of spots is used properly.

For seniors it's a bit trickier. I think I only expect the ID teams + Jin + P/W + Yudong (because of Raf) to get CS events, and not even sure if Yudong will end up getting two GP spots initially. But they can make sure An and Day and a couple of the other women and men at least go to senior Bs, especially since it's allowed to self-fund. Hopefully none of the bs that Cheng seems to have endured. But it can be world ranking/nationals (because I like that the top seniors can be exempt from nationals, which can also be taken into account) + GP results + CS/senior Bs. Something like that anyway. No club league taken into consideration for seniors, it should be treated as warm-up or getting those CoC spots as it was this season.

On My Own

No, the results still don't include Golden Spin, otherwise Boyang would have 300 Senior B points.
Right, I'm curious about why now, because it says updated on 16 December at the top, and according to this one person who's keeping track, Jin and Shaidorov both dropped places in the world standings from before, so it seems other competition scores (might) have been added.

Andrea82

Right, I'm curious about why now, because it says updated on 16 December at the top, and according to this one person who's keeping track, Jin and Shaidorov both dropped places in the world standings from before, so it seems other competition scores (might) have been added.
The 16th December update added the points from Latvian Trophy, EduSport Trophy and Bosphorus Cup. Santa Claus Cup points were added on the 9th December update.

As we talking about ISU and Golden Spin, both "ISU secretary forgot one competition and then went on holiday" and "Golden Spin organizers haven't yet sent the final protocols back to ISU" are valid options.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
The entry list of Junior National Winter Games (Jan. 17-19) is now official: http://www.cfsa.com.cn/cfsa_portal/html/new1.html?newsId=3604029&newsTypeId=5

Copying it out - skaters' birth dates are included in the document

Junior Dance (8)

Yufei Lin / Zijian Gao (Oct. 2004/Sept. 2003)
Xuantong Li / Xinkang Wang (Feb. 2007/Jan. 2004)
Xin'ai Ding / Hanchong Zheng (Aug. 2007/Apr. 2005)
Shanjie Yin / Shirui Yang (Sept. 2007/Mar. 2007)
Tong Liu / Quanshuo Ge (Jun. 2008/Jul. 2006)
Yuxi Gao / Suyang Li (Mar. 2007/Dec. 2004)
Xintong Qu / Zhihong Liu (Jun. 2005/Nov. 2004)
Munire Rahman / Abduwaris Mutellip (Dec. 2005/May 2004)

Junior Men (18)

Tonghe Tian (Aug. 2008)
Qihan Zhao (Oct. 2007)
Yudong Chen (Sept. 2004)
Yihe Sun (Dec. 2008)
Zexuan Wang (Nov. 2008)
Zhile Yu (Jun. 2008)
Ziyi Li (May 2009)
Yingrui Li (Jun. 2010)
Boren Lu (Feb. 2008)
Bofeng Wang (Apr. 2005)
Simon Sun (HKG, Jun. 2009)
Mingda Li (Nov. 2009)
Yinbo Dong (Oct. 2008)
Chit Wang Chow (HKG, Apr. 2007)
Yihan Ren (Jan. 2008)
Yuchen Liu (Jun. 2006)
Jingtong Yang (Jul. 2006)
Yingchun Guo (Jun. 2009)

Junior Women (18)

Yihan Wang (Beijing, Mar. 2010)
Shiqi Gao (Oct. 2009)
Ruotang Li (Sept. 2009)
Wandi Xu (Mar. 2008)
Megan Wong (HKG, Apr. 2008)
Jiaxin Shi (Jan. 2008)
Zijun Zhou (Aug. 2008)
Hengxin Jin (Aug. 2005)
Xuanyu Liu (Jun. 2009)
Tsz Ching Chan (HKG, Aug. 2007)
Yiyun Wen (Feb. 2009)
Xinyao Liu (Nov. 2009)
Chloe Desiree Leung (HKG, Nov. 2007)
Xiyao Yang (Mar. 2010)
Yaxuan Zhu (Dec. 2006)
Ziye Li (Dec. 2005)
Ziyue Yang (Jul. 2008)
Mujun Hu (Feb. 2010)

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Senior Nationals medallists:

Men

🥇 Yudong Chen 220.06 SP FS
🥈 Daiwei Dai 212.84 SP FS
🥉 Wenbao Han 208.00 SP FS

Women

🥇 Yihan Wang (Beijing) 188.59 SP FS
🥈 Shuxian Jin 176.28 SP FS
🥉 Shiqi Gao 175.81 SP FS

Pairs

🥇 Cheng Peng / Lei Wang 185.30 SP FS
🥈 Jiaxuan Zhang / Yihang Huang 169.11 SP FS
🥉 Siyang Zhang / Yongchao Yang 168.37 SP FS

Dance

🥇 Xizi Chen / Jianing Xing 165.60 RD FD
🥈 Shang Shi / Nan Wu 160.02 RD FD
🥉 Zixi Xiao / Linghao He 149.89 RD FD

(videos are all uploaded by 缇可张 on Bilibili)

--------

I haven't seen the official 4CC & WJC assignments published yet - the withdrawals made things a bit unclear. I assume the following skaters will get spots:

4CC

Boyang Jin (Season's Ranking top 50), Yudong Chen (S1), Daiwei Dai (S2)
Hongyi Chen (S10), Jiaying Cheng (S15), Yi Zhu (S18) - they are the top 3 finishers among the Senior eligible skaters
Cheng Peng / Lei Wang (S1), Siyang Zhang / Yongchao Yang (S3) - Zhang / Huang are unable to compete internationally due to the age requirements, Yuchen Wang / Lei Zhu withdrew from Nationals
Xizi Chen / Jianing Xing (S1), Shang Shi / Nan Wu (S2) - Shiyue Wang / Xinyu Liu withdrew from Nationals

WJC

Tonghe Tian (J1), Yudong Chen (J2)
Shiqi Gao (J1), Ruotang Li (J2) - guess you can make a case for Yihan getting the spot over Ruotang but at this moment I expect CFSA to stick to their existing criteria
Yixi Yang / Shunyang Deng (S5) - not sure what they will do with the 2nd spot: Yunjie Wang / Helin Liu (S8) finished ahead of Wenning Shi / Zhiyu Wang (S9) at Nationals but S/W have WJC mins while W/L don't. Entry deadline of Bavarian Open, their only chance to earn the mins, has passed (not that I expect CFSA to send them there in the first place :blah:). I think the 2nd spot will still go to Shi / Wang.
Yufei Lin / Zijian Gao (J1)

Dobre

Shiyue Wang / Xinyu Liu withdrew from Nationals
Do we have an update on why & what is going on with Wang & Liu? Are they dealing with the same problem from last season? Normally, I wouldn't think much of them not traveling to China for a competition, but they've missed so much time, it seems clear something is wrong.

On My Own

Do we have an update on why & what is going on with Wang & Liu? Are they dealing with the same problem from last season? Normally, I wouldn't think much of them not traveling to China for a competition, but they've missed so much time, it seems clear something is wrong.
If there's any news (not just "insider rumours"), I'm sure the Chinese posters here will say something.

Personally, I expect them to retire after this season.

shirleyfryeburg

If there's any news (not just "insider rumours"), I'm sure the Chinese posters here will say something.

Personally, I expect them to retire after this season.
i think they were talking about the Asian Winter Game which is next season I believe...My guess is they would stick around until 2026.

crzesk8dad

Where am I? How do I get off? Do I get ice cream?
The entry list of Junior National Winter Games (Jan. 17-19) is now official: http://www.cfsa.com.cn/cfsa_portal/html/new1.html?newsId=3604029&newsTypeId=5

Copying it out - skaters' birth dates are included in the document

Junior Dance (8)

Yufei Lin / Zijian Gao (Oct. 2004/Sept. 2003)
Xuantong Li / Xinkang Wang (Feb. 2007/Jan. 2004)
Xin'ai Ding / Hanchong Zheng (Aug. 2007/Apr. 2005)
Shanjie Yin / Shirui Yang (Sept. 2007/Mar. 2007)
Tong Liu / Quanshuo Ge (Jun. 2008/Jul. 2006)
Yuxi Gao / Suyang Li (Mar. 2007/Dec. 2004)
Xintong Qu / Zhihong Liu (Jun. 2005/Nov. 2004)
Munire Rahman / Abduwaris Mutellip (Dec. 2005/May 2004)

Junior Men (18)

Tonghe Tian (Aug. 2008)
Qihan Zhao (Oct. 2007)
Yudong Chen (Sept. 2004)
Yihe Sun (Dec. 2008)
Zexuan Wang (Nov. 2008)
Zhile Yu (Jun. 2008)
Ziyi Li (May 2009)
Yingrui Li (Jun. 2010)
Boren Lu (Feb. 2008)
Bofeng Wang (Apr. 2005)
Simon Sun (HKG, Jun. 2009)
Mingda Li (Nov. 2009)
Yinbo Dong (Oct. 2008)
Chit Wang Chow (HKG, Apr. 2007)
Yihan Ren (Jan. 2008)
Yuchen Liu (Jun. 2006)
Jingtong Yang (Jul. 2006)
Yingchun Guo (Jun. 2009)

Junior Women (18)

Yihan Wang (Beijing, Mar. 2010)
Shiqi Gao (Oct. 2009)
Ruotang Li (Sept. 2009)
Wandi Xu (Mar. 2008)
Megan Wong (HKG, Apr. 2008)
Jiaxin Shi (Jan. 2008)
Zijun Zhou (Aug. 2008)
Hengxin Jin (Aug. 2005)
Xuanyu Liu (Jun. 2009)
Tsz Ching Chan (HKG, Aug. 2007)
Yiyun Wen (Feb. 2009)
Xinyao Liu (Nov. 2009)
Chloe Desiree Leung (HKG, Nov. 2007)
Xiyao Yang (Mar. 2010)
Yaxuan Zhu (Dec. 2006)
Ziye Li (Dec. 2005)
Ziyue Yang (Jul. 2008)
Mujun Hu (Feb. 2010)
Thanks, Gris! You are my China connection!

otisgear

They've been in China this whole time actually...

otisgear

Late comment on Nationals, but very happy to see the baby pairs doing well. I'm so looking forward to seeing Guo/Zhang and Zhang/Feng turn junior next season. Zhang/Feng already with their pretty solid 3FTh and 3LoTh which none of the other senior Chinese pairs are doing, and Guo/Zhang also finally getting their throw triple. Happy to see that both teams attempted SBS 2A despite some rotation issues. They still have plenty of time to work it out.

On another note Shi/Wang's injuries and current condition looks very concerning. I hope Wang gets plenty of rest before JWC and that all goes well. Chinese junior pairs next season is looking quite stacked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information