2020-2021 TV New/Returning Shows

Susan1

Spoiler if you didn't watch it when it was online. I didn't, and I have all four scheduled to record this week, but I read it anyway. So many things irritated me about the original show too -

BaileyCatts

Big Sky ..... so do we have to do spoilers in the TV thread? Well, just in case .....

I feel like I've been scammed in a bait and switch scheme. They hyped this show up that Ryan Phillipe was the star, which is why I wanted to watch, and then blew his head off in the first episode. And if all we gonna get is a 1 minute flashback every episode with him, I feel cheated. :p But now I gotta keep watching cause I want to see how the story is gonna play out. Like how they ever gonna find that truck and car now.

Also, after meeting Ronald's mother more tonight, I kinda understand why the dude is a psychopath. :rofl:

Jenny

From the Bloc
Tried the second ep of Big Sky last night, and we're out. I said before I had hoped for a Twin Peaks meets Blood and Oil (night time drama/soap from a few years back that lasted only one season) and maybe a bit of Cardinal thrown in (excellent Canadian/nordic noir crime series). True Detective maybe, but with a little prime time personal lives drama thrown in.

But this is none of that. If it's not going to be complicated/a true mystery, then give me compelling characters. Or give me characters at all - with the possible exception of the younger sister currently in captivity, there's no one with any dimension, no one to root for (IMO of course). Or give me some sexual tension, and with one side of the triangle out of the picture, that's gone too. And the writing sucks. And they're trying too hard with the soundtrack, including having the characters themselves sing mournfully.

And in the end, maybe I'm just not in the mood for yet another story about sickos wanting to do things to young girls and it's not their fault because they have creepy mothers.

:lol: that's a lot of whining from me! Just so disappointed as I'd been looking forward to this for months.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I only made it through ten minutes of the second episode of Big Sky and decided the bad guys were too creepy for me to watch if Ryan isn’t even going to be in the show. I was hoping for some romance to balance out the squickiness.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday November 29/2020 - Saturday December 05/2020:https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...iere-schedule-list-of-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, November 29
Peyton's Places - ESPN+ - 3:01 a.m. (Sports Docuseries)
ONCE UPON A MAIN STREET - Lifetime - 8 p.m. (TV Movie)

Monday, November 30
LOVE SO BEAUTIFUL - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
THE CHRISTMAS LISTING - Lifetime - 8 p.m. (TV Movie)

Tuesday, December 1
THE HOLIDAY MOVIES THAT MADE US - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)

Wednesday, December 2
TRAFFICKED WITH MARIANA VAN ZELLER - National Geographic Channel - 9 p.m. (Reality)

Thursday, December 3
Death In Paradise Season 5 - Ovation - 7 p.m. (Docuseries)

Friday, December 4
EARTH AT NIGHT IN COLOR - Disney+ - 3:01 a.m. (Nature)
The Great British Baking Show Season 3 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Cooking Competition)
SELENA: THE SERIES - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
STILLWATER - Apple TV+ - 3:01 a.m. (Animated Comedy)
THE HARDY BOYS - Hulu - 3:01 a.m. (Mystery Thriller)
DEUTSCHLAND 89 - Hulu - 3:01 a.m. (Spy Thriller)
Brassic Season 2 - Hulu - 3:01 a.m. (Comedy)
Doc McStuffins: The Doc Is In - Disney Junior - 7:30 p.m. (Children's Special)
SPOTLIGHT ON CHRISTMAS - Lifetime - 8 p.m. (TV Movie)
MacGyver Season 5 - CBS - 8 p.m. (Action-Adventure)
Magnum P.I. Season 3 - CBS - 9 p.m. (Action Drama)
Blue Bloods Season 11 - CBS - 9 p.m. (Police Procedural)

Saturday, December 5
DETENTION - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
LET'S MEET AGAIN ON CHRISTMAS EVE - Lifetime - 8 p.m. (TV Movie)
BABY CHIMP RESCUE - BBC America - 8 p.m. (Docuseries)

Please post any updates I may have missed.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday December 06/2020 - Saturday December 12/2020:https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...iere-schedule-list-of-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, December 6
Shameless Season 11 - Showtime - 9 p.m. (Drama)
YOUR HONOR - Showtime - 10 p.m. (Drama)

Monday, December 7
THE SANTA SQUAD - Lifetime - 8 p.m. (TV Movie)

Tuesday, December 8
LOVESTRUCK IN THE CITY - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Korean Romance)
Mr. Iglesias: Part 3 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Comedy)

Wednesday, December 9
The Big Show Show: Christmas - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Comedy)

Thursday, December 10
ALICE IN BORDERLAND - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)

Friday, December 11
Madagascar: A Little Wild Season 2 - Hulu - 3:01 a.m. (Children's Animation)
THE MESS YOU LEAVE BEHIND - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama Limited Series)
THE CHRISTMAS SET UP - Lifetime - 8 p.m. (TV Movie)
The Christmas Caroler Challenge Season 2 - The CW - 8 p.m. (Reality Competition)

BaileyCatts

Big Sky ..... Ronald having breakfast with his mother ..... OMG I actually gasped out loud at that! :eek:

Still ticked about Ryan P. but I gotta know how the story gonna end. And it seems next week is last episode until January. I hate when they do that with my shows. I can take one week, I can manage two weeks ....I hate when my shows go off for like a month until they come back cause I forget what's happening. :mad:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday December 13/2020 - Saturday December 19/2020:https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...iere-schedule-list-of-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, December 13
A SUGAR & SPICE HOLIDAY - Lifetime - 8 p.m. (TV Movie)
CHRISTMAS COMES TWICE - Lifetime - 8 p.m. (TV Movie)
TIGER - HBO - 9 p.m. (Sports Docuseries)
Pennyworth Season 2 - Epix - 9 p.m. (Drama)

Monday, December 14
Hilda Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Children's Animation)
TINY PRETTY THINGS - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
RÉUNIONS - Acorn TV - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
DELICIOUSNESS - MTV - 7 p.m. (Comedy Improv)
LONESTAR CHRISTMAS - Lifetime - 8 p.m. (TV Movie)
Celebrity IOU Season 2 - HGTV - 9 p.m. (Reality)
HAUL THIS HOME - FYI - 9 p.m. (Reality)

Tuesday, December 15
ESCENA EN BLANCO Y NEGRO - Amazon - 3:01 a.m. (Reality)
Song Explorer Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)

Wednesday, December 16
The Expanse Season 5 - Amazon - 3:01 a.m. (Sci-Fi)
ANITTA: MADE IN HONÓIO - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Music Docuseries)
BREAK IT ALL: THE HISTORY OF ROCK IN LATIN AMERICA - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
HOW TO RUIN CHRISTMAS: THE WEDDING - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
RIPPER - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Crime Docuseries)
RUN ON - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Korean Drama)
PIKE'S PEAK: ON THE EDGE - MotorTrend - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)

Thursday, December 17
THE STAND - CBS All Access - 3:01 a.m. (Fantasy Drama)
TOTAL CONTROL - Sundance Now - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
Death In Paradise Season 6 - Ovation - 7 p.m. (Docuseries)

Friday, December 18
EL CID - Amazon - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
The Grand Tour Season 5 - Amazon - 3:01 a.m. (Car Docuseries)
Home For Christmas Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Romantic Comedy)
SWEET HOME - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Horror)
ON POINTE - Disney+ - 3:01 a.m. (Dance Docuseries)
Blaze And The Monster Machines Season 6 - Nickelodeon - 11:30 a.m. (Children's Animation)
CHRISTMAS ON THE MENU - Lifetime - 8 p.m. (TV Movie)

Saturday, December 19
A CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE - Lifetime - 8 p.m. (TV Movie)
CHRISTMAS CAROUSEL - Hallmark - 8 p.m. (TV Movie)

Susan1

Saturday, December 19
A CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE - Lifetime - 8 p.m. (TV Movie)
CHRISTMAS CAROUSEL - Hallmark - 8 p.m. (TV Movie)

Funny, I was scrolling down the list and my eyes saw "exchange" and "carousel" at the same time, and my mind saw "Christmas Exorcist"?
:rollin: :rolleyes: :scream:

vgerdes

OMG -

I know it won't be the same people I grew up with, but Wow.
That is pretty amazing. But I was always more a One Life to Live fan, so I'm kind of meh about watching.

On the other hand, I'm getting very excited about this.

Susan1

That is pretty amazing. But I was always more a One Life to Live fan, so I'm kind of meh about watching.

On the other hand, I'm getting very excited about this.

I started watching All My Children on day one on a snow day in grade school. We used to come inside from playing at 1:00 every day. And watched it on holidays. One time my friend Nancy and I were both home from school on a Monday and we watched it over the phone together. I missed a lot in the 80s and 90s working. When my mom retired, she started watching it and telling me what was happening. Then came VCRs. I still have the anniversaries and specials on tape. And then the DVR. I still have the last week of reunion shows. I didn't like the reboot a couple years ago. Maybe prime time will be different. Too many of the old people won't be able to be on it. Adam/Stuart is/are dead in real life. In later years, I never liked the stories about the younger members of families that would be on in the summer trying to grab younger viewers. Maybe I'm too old for the new AMC now.

Last edited:

vgerdes

I started watching All My Children on day one on a snow day in grade school. We used to come inside from playing at 1:00 every day. And watched it on holidays. One time my friend Nancy and I were both home from school on a Monday and we watched it over the phone together. I missed a lot in the 80s and 90s working. When my mom retired, she started watching it and telling me what was happening. Then came VCRs. I still have the anniversaries and specials on tape. And then the DVR. I still have the last week of reunion shows. I didn't like the reboot a couple years ago. Maybe prime time will be different.
I didn't like the OLTL reboot either, though I watched both because I paid for the package on iTunes. And then there was the whole lawsuit deal with General Hospital, which I had started watching when they introduced the OLTL characters into the storyline. I pretty much stopped watching soaps altogether because of that whole mess. Which I'm still a little bitter about.

Susan1

I didn't like the OLTL reboot either, though I watched both because I paid for the package on iTunes. And then there was the whole lawsuit deal with General Hospital, which I had started watching when they introduced the OLTL characters into the storyline. I pretty much stopped watching soaps altogether because of that whole mess. Which I'm still a little bitter about.
There are only four soaps on the Soap Central board now. I'll turn on the t.v and see somebody from All My Children on one of them, but I didn't start watching any of them when AMC went away. My mom used to watch As the World Turns before she went back to work when I was little. My babysitter watched Love of Life in the morning. My grandma watched the CBS shows - Guiding Light, Another World. She called them her "stories". My cousin watched Somerset and when she was here visiting, we watched that and then I watched it after school started for awhile. Oh yeah, Ryans Hope right before All My Children. Never got into OLTL. I knew who people were though. When I was going to community college, I had AMC on while I was doing homework and then not get up to turn the t.v. off (before remotes). There was a Marco/Mario thing - twins or cousins or not or something and one of them (ha) burned off his fingerprints so they couldn't tell who he was. That stuck with me all these years? My ex's daughter watched Y&R. Maybe she still does. We'd watch that from 12:30 to 1, switch back and forth from 1-1:30 and then watch the second half of All My Children till 2. She thought Adam was taller than Stuart (same person). David Canary was great. You could tell when he was Adam pretending to be Stuart or the other way around. He played 4 different personalities and mannerisms perfectly.

sk8pics

Time for me to reactivate CBS All Access and watch the new season of Star Trek Discovery and continue my NCIS binge.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday December 27/2020 - Saturday January 02/2021:https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...iere-schedule-list-of-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, December 27
THE MASKED DANCER - Fox - 8 p.m. (Competition)

Monday, December 28
A LOVE SO BEAUTIFUL - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
ATLANTA JUSTICE - ID - 9 p.m. (Reality)
Kids Baking Championship - Food - 9 p.m. (Competition)

Tuesday, December 29
7 Little Johnstons Season 8 - TLC - 8 p.m. (Reality)
Moonshiners Season 2 - Discovery - 9 p.m. (Reality)
LONESTAR LAW - Discovery - 10 p.m. (Reality)
STREETS OF DREAMS WITH MARCUS LEMONIS - CNBC - 10 p.m. (Docuseries)
Supermarket Stakeout Season 3 - Food - 10 p.m. (Competition)

Wednesday, December 30
BEST LEFTOVERS EVER - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Cooking Competition)
Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Children's Animation)
EQUINOX - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Horror)
Vikings Season 6 - Amazon - 3:01 a.m. (Historical Drama)
My 600-lb Life Season 9 - TLC - 8 p.m. (Reality)
True Conviction Season 3 - ID - 11 p.m. (Docuseries)

Thursday, December 31
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 4 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Supernatural Horror)
Carl Weber's The Family Business Season 2 (Midseason Premiere) - BET+ - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
CLEANING UP - Sundance Now - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
THE WATCH - AMC+ - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
FEAR THE ROOMMATE - ID - 8 p.m. (Reality)

Friday, January 1
Dream Home Makeover Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Reality)
HEADSPACE GUIDE TO MEDITATION - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Interactive Experience)
Monarca Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
The Ticketmaster Birmingham Bowl - ESPN2 - 12 p.m. (College Football Bowl Game)
The Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl - ESPN - 12:30 p.m. (College Football Bowl Game)
The Vrbo Citrus Bowl - ABC - 1 p.m. (College Football Bowl Game)
The College Football Playoff Semifinal At The Rose Bowl Game - ESPN - 5 p.m. (College Football Bowl Game)
The College Football Playoff Semifinal At The AllState Sugar Bowl - ESPN - 8:45 p.m. (College Football Bowl Game)

Saturday, January 2
The Taxslayer Gator Bowl - ESPN - 12 p.m. (College Football Bowl Game)
The Outback Bowl - ABC - 12:30 p.m. (College Football Bowl Game)
The PlayStation Fiesta Bowl - ESPN - 4 p.m. (College Football Bowl Game)
The Capital One Orange Bowl - ESPN - 8 p.m. (College Football Bowl Game)
Kindred Spirits Season 5 - Travel - 10 p.m. (Paranormal Docuseries)

Susan1

There was a special on Laura Ingalls Wilder on PBS last night. I didn't know about it. I suppose it will be the only thing they don't repeat twice a day for a year. And, no, I can't sit here and watch it online.

Sylvia

TBD
There was a special on Laura Ingalls Wilder on PBS last night.
For those interested, I just posted the link to watch the documentary online in the All Things PBS thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/all-thing-pbs.85143/page-33#post-5922584

Speaking of Laura Ingalls Wilder...
ETA:
And at least one former cast member is willing to make a cameo. “I’m just the right age to play Mrs. Oleson,” says Alison Arngrim, who starred as the snobby, sausage-curl-sporting menace Nellie Oleson for seven glorious seasons. “I’m totally there. I have no shame.”
:D

Last edited:

vgerdes

ETA: And at least one former cast member is willing to make a cameo. “I’m just the right age to play Mrs. Oleson,” says Alison Arngrim, who starred as the snobby, sausage-curl-sporting menace Nellie Oleson for seven glorious seasons. “I’m totally there. I have no shame.”

:D
I met Alison Arngrim once, and got to hang out with her for a few hours when she visited the real Walnut Grove, Minnesota. She actually took her shoes off and waded into Plum Creek. I wasn't so brave. She was an absolute joy to spend time with. I loved her.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday January 03/2021 - Saturday January 09/2021:https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...iere-schedule-list-of-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, January 3
THE WATCH - BBC America - 8 p.m. (Fantasy Crime Drama)
CALL ME KAT - Fox - 8 p.m. (Sitcom)
Last Man Standing Season 9 - Fox - 8:30 p.m. (Sitcom)
The Simpsons Season 32 (Special Time) - Fox - 9 p.m. (Animated Comedy)
The Worst Cooks In America Season 21 - Food - 9 p.m. (Cooking Competition)
Bless The Harts Season 2 (Special Time) - Fox - 9:30 p.m. (Adult Animated Comedy)
The Rookie Season 3 - ABC - 10 p.m. (Police Procedural)
WORST COOKS IN AMERICA: DIRTY DISHES - Food - 10:30 p.m. (Cooking Competition)

Monday, January 4
The Bachelor Season 25 - ABC - 8 p.m. (Dating Competition)
Ellen's Game of Games Season 5 (Double Episode) - NBC - 8 p.m. (Game Show)
The Wall Season Season 4 - NBC - 10 p.m. (Game Show)

Tuesday, January 5
GABBY'S DOLLHOUSE - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Children's Program)
HISTORY OF SWEAR WORDS - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
Nailed It! Mexico Season 3 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Cooking Competition)
Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist Season 2 - NBC - 8 p.m. (Musical Comedy-Drama)
This Is Us Season 5 (Midseason Premiere) - NBC - 9 p.m. (Drama)
Nurses Season (Timeslot Premiere) - NBC - 10 p.m.

Wednesday, January 6
THE MASKED DANCER (Time Period Premiere) - Fox - 8 p.m. (Competition)
Chicago Med Season 6 (Midseason Premiere) - NBC - 8 p.m. (Medical Drama)
Chicago Fire Season 9 (Midseason Premiere) - NBC - 9 p.m. (Action Drama)
NAME THAT TUNE - Fox - 9 p.m. (Music Competition)
Chicago P.D. Season 8 (Midseason Premiere) - NBC - 10 p.m. (Police Procedural)
UNDERCOVER BILLIONAIRE: COMEBACK CITY - Discovery - 10 p.m. (Docuseries)

Thursday, January 7
COYOTE - CBS All Access - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
Hell's Kitchen Season 19 - Fox - 8 p.m. (Reality Cooking)
MR. MAYOR (Double Episode) - NBC - 8 p.m. (Comedy)
CELEBRITY WHEEL OF FORTUNE - ABC - 8 p.m. (Game Show)
Law & Order: SVU Season 22 (Midseason Premiere)- NBC - 9 p.m. (Crime Procedural)
CALL ME KAT (Time Period Premiere) - Fox - 9 p.m. (Sitcom)
THE CHASE - ABC - 9 p.m. (Game Show)
Last Man Standing Season 9 (Time Period Premiere) - Fox - 9:30 p.m. (Sitcom)
GO-BIG SHOW - TBS - 9 p.m. (Talent Show)
Dateline NBC Season 29 (Midseason Premiere) - NBC - 10 p.m. (Crime Docuseries)
THE HUSTLER - ABC - 10 p.m. (Game Show)

Friday, January 8
Inside The World's Toughest Prisons Season 5 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
The Idhun Chronicles Part 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Anime)
LUPIN Part 1 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Crime Drama)
Dickinson Season 2 - Apple TV+ - 3:01 a.m. (Comedy)
MARVELS STUDIOS: LEGENDS - Disney+ - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
Whose Line Is It Anyway Season 17 - The CW - 8 p.m. (Improvisational Comedy)
SELF-MADE MANSIONS - HGTV - 8 p.m. (Reality)
Penn & Teller: Fool Us Season 8 - The CW - 9 p.m. (Reality Competition)

Saturday, January 9
A Discovery of Witches Season 2 - Sundance Now - 3:01 a.m. (Historical Drama)

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
FYI: NCIS:LA and NCIS:NOLA both come back with new episodes on Sunday Jan. 3rd and this should be their last weird/random start times since this is the last week of the regular season for the NFL. :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information