Status
Not open for further replies.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I know. I didnt like this music on Schizas last season and I dont like it now.

This music seems very junior-ish to me.

I would for sure go with Cohen's version without lyrics from back in the day.
ITA. This sounds like a whiny-tween vocal version. From some Frozen-ish cartoon. Isabeau deserves better!

honey

For me the issue with Isabeau’s long program music is that it’s extremely repetitive. That piece makes a fabulous short program, but 4 minutes of it is just too much. And I agree the vocals are not great.

I hope that the choreography grows as the season goes on and can become a more impactful overall picture. I’m sure it will, but right now it isn’t quite right. It’s not highlighting everything that is special about her.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Potomac Open is a National Qualifying Series competition for singles (Gracie's score from the Philadelphia Summer International does not count toward Sectionals qualifying).
Where and when is it?

Sylvia

TBD
Replying to @Jayar's April 12th post:
Does this mean that Sierra Venetta has retired? She is the only one not in the ISP from 2022 Nats.
Sierra Venetta's post today ("I’ll be transferring to Georgia Tech as a full time student this fall...") with photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/ChFegAjJ-T3/
She last competed in the Peggy Fleming Trophy at the end of June (6th photo with Sonja Hilmer & Courtney Hicks and 7th with Jordan Moeller).

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
I noticed that Bradie is now listed in USFS' Team A funding envelope (Mariah & Karen are still listed): https://www.usfigureskating.org/skate/scholarships-and-funding/team-usa-funding

Under ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS in the 2022-23 Athlete Support Funding Criteria document ... "Consideration will be given to place athletes who were named to the 2021 World Team but could not compete in 2022 due to injury or illness into Team A – Tier 2 or Team B – Tier 1 at the discretion of the ICMS." I take it as a positive sign that she was placed in A over B.

Her 2022-23 Team USA profile also has Benoit Richaud listed as her second coach: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/sports/figure-skating/roster/bradie-tennell/700

She is still in France and can be seen in this live video of Richaud's skating skills session (along with Adam Siao Him Fa) 2 days ago: https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChCM_GBv5h6/

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting from the Cranberry competition thread in Kiss & Cry...

Cranberry Cup gold medalist Audrey Shin has shared 2 photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/ChQuo13rlbA/
first competition of this season - 2022 cranberry cup!🥇🤗

my new dresses weren’t ready, but thankfully @milly.murdock saved the day on saturday and let me wear her beautiful short program dress, + i was able to wear my 2018 romeo&juliet program dress for today’s free skate😂 although there was some happening there, i’m glad the competition ended well :)
Silver medalist Sonja Hilmer has shared 3 photos (3rd one shows a back view of her wearing rinkmate Hicks' Team USA jacket): https://www.instagram.com/p/ChQQigFPIy3/
There could not be a better way to experience my first international competition! I am so honored to have skated among these 15 girls and so excited to be sharing the podium with my Colorado friends! Can't wait to share more Sonja with the world 💖

Shout out to @courtneynhicks for letting me steal her jacket last minute 🤣
From someone who was in the audience:
Amber did not warmup the 3A today. She probably had too much speed going into the 2a and doubted herself midair. Her triples were rock solid.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting here:
Based on her ISU bio, Clare Seo has changed her SP music from Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso (performed at Skate Milwaukee) to:
Simple Gifts by Elder Joseph Brackett
Appalachian Spring:VII. Doppio movimento by Leonard Bernstein
Thanks for the heads up @Stephanie - this is the music Clare used for the Peggy Fleming Trophy in late June. She competed with her original SP music (Saint-Saens) for the Cup of Colorado earlier this month so it looks like she will debut "Simple Gifts" at the JGP in Courchevel (next week, can't wait!).

Here's a snippet from the Kiss & Cry thread that @mtnskater wrote about Clare's PFT performance:
I would have had Clare Seo in fourth. She skated early in the first group but her program was so lovely and of such quality and beautifully presented, it stood out for me.

Marco

Amber's jumps look great so early in the season but has her 3/3 always been so pre-rotated? Maybe it was the camera angle but it was very visible, almost Kimmie Meissner level. I am sure she feels the song she skates to, but for me as a fan she has been skating pretty much the same genre for years now - getting a little bored.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Amber's jumps look great so early in the season but has her 3/3 always been so pre-rotated? Maybe it was the camera angle but it was very visible, almost Kimmie Meissner level. I am sure she feels the song she skates to, but for me as a fan she has been skating pretty much the same genre for years now - getting a little bored.

I love my Amber so much but she does live in the wheelhouse of emo music even as far back as send in the clowns.

What’s interesting is that on all her social medias the music choices she uses for her clips are uplifting, hip-hop type of selections

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Perhaps that's just the kind of music she has decided she wants to listen to day in and day out all year. Or maybe she finds it easier to emote to thus making one aspect of the program easier for her and allowing her to concentrate on other things. Who even knows. I mean why do all of Meno and Sand's teams skate to emo power ballads? It's just one of those mysteries of skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information