Status
Not open for further replies.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Based on insta, I'm most excited to see Amber. I think Lindsay will be the breakout star, but I'm verrrrrry curious about how Isabeau's jumps will look. I'm not expecting much from Bradie on the GP, but I would be happy if she did well.

Im hoping for Amber, Lindsay and Isabeau to dominate and take medals... Fingers crossed for Bradie..and Gracie!

Wish Liu was still in it....

Sylvia

TBD
@DLamp seems to be a new poster here :) - link to Alysa's retirement news thread:

@alizadavida posted in the GP Assignments thread that she "believes Gracie is competing in Philly soon" - Philadelphia Summer International is the first week of August at her home rink in Aston, PA ... I hope she does compete there. :)

layman

Gracie is listed in USFS' ISP but hasn't announced anything about her skating plans. She appears to be focusing on her "Road to Gold" training camps - Vail, CO is July 27-31 and Juneau, Alaska is planned for September 10-11: https://www.instagram.com/p/CfhWpsFJybz/
If Gracie wants another US Title, it's there for her to take. No other skater (in the US or World) can match the lift and spring that she get's in her jumps. We saw her train harder last season than she has in years. If she wants to continue, she has the talent (once in a generation talent) to continue being a champion.

sk8nlizard

If Gracie wants another US Title, it's there for her to take. No other skater (in the US or World) can match the lift and spring that she get's in her jumps. We saw her train harder last season than she has in years. If she wants to continue, she has the talent (once in a generation talent) to continue being a champion.
I’m not sure about National Champion, however, if she is continuing, this is definitely a year where she could get good results. I watched some of the NQS competitions and the results have been less than stellar (I realize summer comps are often messy, it’s one of the reasons I don’t like the way they are doing qualifying this year, I much preferred last year’s model). And with so many women seemingly taking the year off, she could really do well this year! All this is assuming she wants to continue, but if she does, I will be excited to watch her this season. Her jumps have always been some of the best in the world!

VGThuy

I remember reactively saying “holy shit” after seeing her Triple Lutz last year after seeing a bunch of other ladies. She still has “it”.

Sylvia

TBD
Clare SEO (2nd in the U.S. Junior Team Cup in Milwaukee earlier this month), who won the bronze in Courchevel last year, and Sarah EVERHARDT (5th place in Milwaukee), who made her Team USA debut at Egna Spring Trophy this past April, will lead off the JGP series in Courchevel, France, August 24-27. :)

The 8 alternates (top 10 finishers in Milwaukee along with Seo & Everhardt, as listed alphabetically in the ISU entries:
Mia BARGHOUT (competed at the Intermediate level last season)
Hannah HERRERA
Logan HIGASE-CHEN
Mia KALIN
Josephine LEE
Soho LEE
Elyce LIN-GRACEY
Sherry ZHANG (competed at the Intermediate level last season)

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Replying to @Frau Muller in this thread:
I get concerned when neither … is included among the eight US possible Subs (“S”) cited on the Courchevel list.

Same concern about Kanon Smith among Jr Women…
Kanon Smith isn’t listed in the ISP at this time (requirement to have been invited to compete in the U.S. Junior Team Cup in Milwaukee).

She did get to make her (delayed - one year after winning Junior silver at 2021 Nationals) international debut at the Bavarian Open in late January 2022 in Oberstdorf where she placed 4th (143.51) in Junior Women group I.

Bouffantrex

Banned Member
I wish Gracie nothing but the best, but statements like these are setting very unrealistic expectations, and ultimately does more harm than good.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
I believe Logan Higase Chen was also an intermediate last year.
Yes, thanks @kre56 for pointing this out (I'm unable to edit my post #520 again because the 24-hour window has closed).

I recall seeing Logan's name in the Adv. Novice(?) category results for Hong Kong Nationals last summer (think she submitted videos to be judged) and didn't check to see if she had also competed in the U.S. Championship Series this past season - thanks @Stephanie!

Phattaratida Kaneshige, who also is with Broadmoor SC like Logan and was a top Novice in the U.S. Championship Series this past season (almost qualifying for 2022 Nationals in Junior), will represent Thailand on the JGP starting this season. She was competitive with Mia Kalin at this year's Broadmoor Open - Kaneshige won the SP segment with a clean 3Lz+3T in the 2nd half and finished 2nd overall to Kalin, with Higase-Chen 3rd: https://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen/status/1541851403622256643

Last edited:

shan

Polina's latest podcast is an interview with Isabeau Levito:

Catching up on podcasts and listened to this today. Isabeau is adorable! It's so interesting to get a glimpse of her personality. Thanks for posting the link. :)

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Top summer scores for US Women so far - let me know if I missed anything...

SENIOR WOMEN
Clare Seo 185.10
Sonja Hilmer 177.72
Hanna Harrell 173.57
Hannah Lofton 170.21
Maryn Pierce 162.12
Finley Hawk 161.94
Alena Budko 161.77
Paige Rydberg 160.36
Audrey Lu 159.51
Nicole Park 158.19
Elsa Cheng 158.00
Michelle Lee 146.42
Isabelle Inthisone 142.71
Hannah Herrera 141.94
Brynn Roberts 140.52

JUNIOR WOMEN
Soho Lee 188.35
Elyce Lin-Gracey 180.45
Clare Seo 172.55
Mia Kalin 171.47
Logan Higase Chen 170.38
Josephine Lee 168.85
Sarah Everhardt 165.16
Hannah Herrera 155.49
Sonia Baram 154.52
Sherry Zhang 151.93
Mia Barghout 145.91
Lilah Gibson 143.07

(ETA the below corrections as well as the Dupage Open results for Lofton and Inthisone from today)

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Top summer scores for US Women so far - let me know if I missed anything...

JUNIOR WOMEN
Phattaratida Kaneshige 170.81
Kaneshige will represent Thailand internationally this season (she was listed as representing Thailand at Glacier Falls this weekend).

At the Southport Summer Classic in mid-June, the top 3 Senior women scored:
Finley Hawk 161.94
Hannah Lofton 158.61
Elsa Cheng 158.00

Also, Hannah Herrera scored 141.94 in her senior debut at Broadmoor Open.

For reference, the 3 NQS competitions for singles skaters (total scores being used for Sectionals qualification) so far are Cactus Classic (Park), Skate Detroit (Pierce, Lofton's 152.39) and Glacier Falls (Hilmer, Harrell, Budko, M. Lee, Roberts in Senior; S. Lee, Lin-Gracey, Higase-Chen, Baram in Junior).

Last edited:

Maximillian

RIP TA
Is Karen really done? She was the only US lady that I loved :(
I feel similarly about Karen. But honestly, unless she makes some significant tech changes, I kinda don't want to see her compete anymore. Carrotcity is frustrating. Also, she's made two Olympic teams and finished top 5 at Worlds twice, so as a fan, I can't complain. I guess my feelings about Karen are similar to my feelings about Mirai at the end of 20018 and Sasha at 2010 Nationals...I'm done if they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information