Status
Not open for further replies.

clairecloutier

A depressing paragraph from the Bradie article:

The triple-triple jump combination may be key to the Olympic hopes of Tennell or any American next week. Tennell hit it consistently to make the 2018 Olympic team and win the last national title. Of the U.S. women, only Alysa Liu and Amber Glenn hit a positively graded triple-triple during the fall Grand Prix Series, and each did so once in four programs.

Sylvia

TBD
I believe Bradie has a media call scheduled for late this afternoon and so we'll likely find out more about her status for Nationals.

ETA that @marysy posted a link to Bradie's recent radio interview in her fan thread and the link, along with a clip, was tweeted by the interviewer on 12/22/21: https://twitter.com/WGNRadio/status/1473741138096009228

On teleconference Bradie Tennell said, "Training has been up and down but things are looking up." She is looking forward to competing in Nashville

"I don't like to give up on things," Tennell said. Added she definitely plans to continue her competitive career next season.

ETA that she also said she intends to compete both next season and beyond. “No end in sight,” she said, with a laugh. https://twitter.com/olyphil/status/1475591525270708229

Last edited:

Spun Silver

Mirai wouldn't be a bad person for Alysa to talk to right now. I have a sinking feeling that Alysa is at a place where she is skating for others more than for herself. I hope I'm wrong. But it might help to talk to a really fun skater who's a two-time Olympian and had to go through similar growing pains until she took control of her own career. (I almost said "another young skater" until I remembered that to Alyssa Mirai is probably old.) I think Mirai would understand. But what do I know? Zilch, nada, zip. I hope Alysa is excited about skating and competing and hopefully going to the Olympics.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
According to TSL's new This and That episode, Drew Meekins, one of Alysa's coaches, texted Dave and told him that Alysa has a new SP...

I was coming to discuss this…forgot to post earlier, after hearing on TSL.

WTF??? The Don Q Gypsy dance was one of the greatest W SPs of the season!!!!! Good grief. Why???? Too classical for NBC marketing powers…to have both of Alysa’s programs be classical? Is she now getting an idiotic emo ballad by Eilish or Hart?

I’m heartbroken. Crushed. :wuzrobbed She looked so beautiful in the Gypsy Dance packaging…the bouncy hair…dress…the loop earrings. Personality plus.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Another thought on possible reason for a new Alysa SP:

Maybe some marketing geniuses think that it’s not “right” to have her skate two programs to RUSSIAN classical music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information