#TeamTrainwreck 24: For the weirdos and the dreamers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabond

Romeo: His coach is trying to remember whether her father used any terms of endearment in Georgian, what they were, and whether they can be used with a young man.
Jesus: All aboard the train! Could hop off in Tallinn or could be on for the next decade.
Highlights: :yawn:
Baby-face with scruff: Please get yourself another European medal and immunize yourself from induction here.
Splat City: Must have learned his lutz technique by watching Elena Liashenko videos.
Extraneous Russian dude: :blah:
Rocker Dad: Some things never change.
Man in Black: Watching him is like seeing an ex. You remember everything you liked and exactly why you broke it all off.
Short Mr. Schindler: Headcase. Heartbreak. Hardware.
Man in Pink: See notes for unknown kid, supra.
Sinatra: His coach is thankful that she can use Russian terms of endearment with him.
La La Land: I left him at a Greyhound station west of Santa Fe.

Last edited:

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
RUS
Lock: Sinistina/Katsalapov, Stepanova/Bukin
Nepotism Battle: The edge is still with Zahorski/Guerreiro if healthy if not, Davis/Smolkin over Morozov/Bagin
Quick update on Z/G

Tiff has resumed 'light' training within the limitations of her 3 to 6 month long recovery.
(it is a nasty disease and the recovery process has to be treated with respect or risk long-term complications).
Given that Nationals are only 3 weeks away, it seems incredibly unlikely that they will be there.
However, never say never, as athletes can achieve the impossible when they put their minds to it!
More realistically, they probably will not be competing until the 2nd half of the season.

beckab81

Quick update on Z/G

Tiff has resumed 'light' training within the limitations of her 3 to 6 month long recovery.
(it is a nasty disease and the recovery process has to be treated with respect or risk long-term complications).
Given that Nationals are only 3 weeks away, it seems incredibly unlikely that they will be there.
However, never say never, as athletes can achieve the impossible when they put their minds to it!
More realistically, they probably will not be competing until the 2nd half of the season.
Glad to hear she is on the mend, and that you were able to be with her. Awful timing, but at least she should be okay long term.

J

Jeschke

Quick update on Z/G

Well they can debut this season in Beijing 🤷‍♂️

J

Jeschke

I know Unknown kid blew his chances but Kondratituk added so soon? That's kinda insulting for him and kinda desperate for the administration but oh well.
  • Failing to qualify to Nationals due disastrous outings at RC
  • entering Nationals as sub, winning surprise bronze
  • Sokolovskaya as coach + knc action with Sokolovskaya
  • no Euros due to Covid, no chance for #unknownkid
  • slaying again at Channel 1 cup
  • wobbling at RC final to be left off worlds team in favor for Russian junior national champ (who was behind him at senior nationals)
  • not even entered as sub
  • being 'reduced' to JGP following season
  • could not skate JGP because of vaccine dilemma
  • securing 3rd olympic spot, getting home GP
  • mediocre GP outing
  • costumes
  • programs
  • UKR peasant haircut / Sokolovskaya interview
  • 4th member of playstation gang
  • Med in tears / flirt action with Med since then

I guess within a year Kondratiuk earned his spot on the team more than fairly.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I've thought Rizzo should have been on the team years ago. The elusive quad attempts. Will he? Won't he? I recall that, his failure to try them was the hold up for a nomination then. Well, he's trying them now and sometimes he actually hits them. And sometimes he Pogosplats and then has a fantastic rest of the program meeting the splat and excel in the same program criteria. I vote yes.

We do need some more pair teams, which are probably going to be Russian since there really aren't any others, but I'll wait until after Russian Nationals to offer up my best prospect.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
We do need some more pair teams, which are probably going to be Russian since there really aren't any others, but I'll wait until after Russian Nationals to offer up my best prospect.
With as much love as Calalang/Johnson get around here, and their uncanny ability to hit every single element except their SBS jumps in any given competition, plus the fact that they do have really beautiful lifts and "pair-ness", I'm throwing them up for consideration.

Bonus - she got temporarily banned from competition for eyelash serum that metabolizes into a banned substance. That's pretty TTW.

SamuraiK

• Failing to qualify to Nationals due disastrous outings at RC
  • entering Nationals as sub, winning surprise bronze
  • Sokolovskaya as coach + knc action with Sokolovskaya
  • no Euros due to *********, no chance for #unknownkid
  • slaying again at Channel 1 cup
  • wobbling at RC final to be left off worlds team in favor for Russian junior national champ (who was behind him at senior nationals)
  • not even entered as sub
  • being 'reduced' to JGP following season
  • could not skate JGP because of vaccine dilemma
  • securing 3rd olympic spot, getting home GP
  • mediocre GP outing
  • costumes
  • programs
  • UKR peasant haircut / Sokolovskaya interview
  • 4th member of playstation gang
  • Med in tears / flirt action with Med since then

I guess within a year Kondratiuk earned his spot on the team more than fairly.
Now youre just inventing criteria on the go and weighing too much circunstances outsude the skaters control to justify your choice. You simpky like him a lot and hasnt got the results expected. That would be simpler... And shorter. Whatever

Vagabond

Now youre just inventing criteria on the go and weighing too much circunstances outsude the skaters control to justify your choice. You simpky like him a lot and hasnt got the results expected. That would be simpler... And shorter. Whatever
No one is forcing you to read this thread.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I've gotten hooked on Yellowstone (a modern western). When they take someone to the "train station" they shoot them in the back of the head and throw the body off a cliff. I will be thinking this forever more. :yikes:

Maximillian

RIP TA
I've gotten hooked on Yellowstone (a modern western). When they take someone to the "train station" they shoot them in the back of the head and throw the body off a cliff. I will be thinking this forever more. :yikes:
Should a skater being 'taken to the train station' refer to them being put on TTW or taken off?

Vagabond

Should a skater being 'taken to the train station' refer to them being put on TTW or taken off?
Neither.

Skaters have to find their own way to the station.

Some, like Marin Honda, wait there for ages, watching trains come and go. Some, like Alisa Fedichkina, board right away.

Some skaters, such as Dmitri Aliev, alight from the train at the intended destination. Others, most recently Daniel Samohin and Camden Pulkinen, are tossed off unceremoniously in the middle of nowhere while the train is going at high speed.

:barrel

skatingguy

decently
Neither.

Skaters have to find their own way to the station.

Some, like Marin Honda, wait there for ages, watching trains come and go. Some, like Alisa Fedichkina, board right away.

Some skaters, such as Dmitri Aliev, alight from the train at the intended destination. Others, most recently Daniel Samohin and Camden Pulkinen, are tossed off unceremoniously in the middle of nowhere while the train is going at high speed.

:barrel
Recreation - due not try this at home - not sure who is who here @Jeschke @Vagabond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information