Status
Not open for further replies.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
You want bitchy? Bitchy is me asking where shall I send the cinnamon and sugar for your toast when Bradie doesn't make it to Nationals and her injury petition to the Olympic team is turned down by the USFS?
Perhaps you should start this afternoon over, you seem confused, maybe you got up too early and shouldn't be visiting the boards and commenting if you don't know what you are talking about.

Our US ladies deserve better than this crude character assassination and general vulgarity. Watch a Karen Chen spiral or an Amber Glenn triple axel for inspiration. God bless.

-BB

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Our US ladies deserve better than this crude character assassination and general vulgarity. Watch a Karen Chen spiral or an Amber Glenn triple axel for inspiration. God bless.

-BB

You had me at Amber Glenn

Although in my signature at the bottom of my posts it says end your day with an Angela Nikodinov video and I stand by that. Oh, the whiskey too!

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
You want bitchy? Bitchy is me asking where shall I send the cinnamon and sugar for your toast when Bradie doesn't make it to Nationals and her injury petition to the Olympic team is turned down by the USFS?
No that is exactly what I don't want but that seems to be your humor if you can call it that.

SkateFanBerlin

Ahhh, we may be in the 4th wave of Co***d but skating in an Olympic season is getting back to normal. Bitchy accusations and paranoid theories everywhere. I've so missed the rancor. Find myself wasting vast amounts of time reading/responding to it all and am the happier for it.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I was all excited by Karen's marks, but then I watched and, well, a different caller may have decided otherwise.

Was glad to see both her and Bell chase GOE and not base value. Smart choices! Sigh, if only either had a reliable 3-3.

Since there are so many knowledge people in here, is there a domestic bonus in the US at the non-senior levels for rotating a triple as the second jump in a combination ?

Vagabond

Bradie Tennell’s coach, Tom Zakrajsek, told me this morning her status for next week’s Golden Spin of Zagreb is “TBD.” Tennell, reigning U.S. champion, has withdrawn from all her scheduled events so far this fall with a foot injury. Tennell still listed as entered on event site.
Apparently, she's not toast yet.

:watch:

Sylvia

TBD
From 2021-22 U.S. Figure Skating Rulebook, under Rule 1071 IJS Basic Principles of Calculation on pages 102-103:

D. Singles Bonus
Singles skaters can earn bonus points for jumps that are achieved in a short program or free skate. To be eligible for bonus
points, jumps must be fully rotated, landed on the quarter (q), or under-rotated (<) and must be compliant with short or
well-balanced program and repeat rules. Unless otherwise specified in this rule, jumps can be performed as a solo jump,
or in combination or sequence. Jumps that are downgraded (<<) or have a wrong edge assigned (e) are not eligible for
any bonus points. Jumps with an edge attention (!) are eligible for a bonus.

1. Junior Singles Short Program and Free Skate:
a. +1.0 bonus for each triple Axel achieved;
b. +2.0 bonus for each quadruple jump achieved.

2. Novice Singles Short Program and Free Skate:
a. +3.0 bonus for each two-jump or three-jump combination achieved in which two triple jumps are executed in succession;
b. +3.0 bonus for each triple Axel achieved;
c. +3.0 bonus for one quadruple jump achieved;
d. +2.0 bonus for a three-jump combination that starts with a triple jump and ends with a triple jump, connected by any single jump.
e. +2.0 bonus for any triple jump achieved that immediately follows a double jump (including double Axel) in a jump combination.
f. +1.0 bonus for each different triple jump achieved that doesn’t meet the criteria in paragraphs a through e of this rule. The following jumps are eligible for this +1.0 bonus:
i. Ladies: toe loop, Salchow, loop, flip, Lutz
ii Men: loop, flip, Lutz;
g. +2.0 additional bonus for a skater who achieves four or more different triple or quadruple jumps. Triple and quadruple jumps with the same name will be considered as two different jumps.

3. Intermediate Singles Short Program and Free Skate:
a. +1.0 bonus for one double Axel achieved;
b. +3.0 bonus for each two-jump combination achieved where both jumps are triple jumps or a three-jump combination achieved where two triple jumps are executed in succession;
c. +2.0 bonus for any triple jump achieved that immediately follows a double jump (including double Axel) in a jump combination.
d. +1.0 bonus for each triple jump achieved that doesn’t meet the criteria in paragraphs b or c above.

4. Juvenile Singles Free Skate:
a. +1.0 bonus for each double Axel achieved;
b. +1.0 bonus for one triple jump achieved.

ETA: The jump bonus rule at the lower levels was implemented by USFS starting in the 2015-16 season.

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove

Well, Phil clearly didn't check with anyone at the USFS this afternoon... She's listed as withdrawn with Izzo added tonight.

Such a bummer... hope she gets to Nationals!

After clicking on that link can I just tell you how excited I am for US Pairs at Zagreb!!! Ill get up wayyy early for this!!!

Vagabond

Well, Phil clearly didn't check with anyone at the USFS this afternoon... She's listed as withdrawn with Izzo added tonight.
Hersh said in his Tweet that he checked with Zakrajsek today, which was after the USFS posted Tennell had withdrawn.

skatfan

Except nobody has a crystal ball and where you expected to be(two months ago?) isn't quite the same as the reality of where you are now. So you adjust your game plan and plan the next step with success in mind.

It's never a good sign to be injured in an Olympic season, but when that happens, you adjust as you go. I'm glad her team is being smart about it at least.

Let's face it, 2010 Sasha Cohen was well and truly past her prime. It was a great effort(with a fab sp), but she in fact hadn't competed in the GP or a senior B international in years.
What I would say is that if you want to come back, do it the year before the Olympics because it’s going to take that long to be competitive.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
different coaches, same state
Aren’t Bradie & Alysa now at the very same rink/facility - the World Arena - in Colorado Springs? Or are there multiple ice facilities in Colorado Springs…not just the World Arena complex?

Different coaching teams for sure.

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Unless Bell pulls off a miracle at RC, won’t this be the first season ever that an American lady has not medaled on the GP? :(
Yes, it would be! ETA- 2018 was only one medal (Tennell), and same with 1998 (Bobek of all people who didn't show up to Nationals, silver). (ETA2- Nikodinov medaled in 1998 as well)

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Yes, it would be! ETA- 2018 was only one medal (Tennell), and same with 1998 (Bobek of all people who didn't show up to Nationals, silver).
So if the article was correct, Liu's UR's were the reason she didn't medal at NHK, it was that close. :( I can understand why her dad was upset if she couldn't medal there without any Russians skating.

AngieNikodinovLove

Aren’t Bradie & Alysa now at the very same rink/facility - the World Arena - in Colorado Springs? Or are there multiple ice facilities in Colorado Springs…not just the World Arena complex?

Different coaching teams for sure.

It reminds me of that one time I went to world arena and took a private lesson with a former Russian female pairs champion. Let’s just say I almost took her down while holding her hand doing crossovers. And I was able to manage a scratch spin for 2 1/2 revolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information