#TeamTrainwreck 23: Perky through the ages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiK

Frangipani is hot. You could care for him, maybe? He just needs to outscore Grassl at Italian nationals.

Oh please , while it may surprise many, Im not the Boss who choses and roots for faves based on looks alone. lol.
Thanfully for Fragi he's hot AND really good but I dintt hug him cause ITA was not in contention here.

However, I also like Grasssl and Rizzo so let the best one go to Olympics. I would believe Euro will be the determining qualifier for them thouh.

RoseRed

Oh please , while it may surprise many, Im not the Boss who choses and roots for faves based on looks alone. lol.
Thanfully for Fragi he's hot AND really good but I dintt hug him cause ITA was not in contention here.

However, I also like Grasssl and Rizzo so let the best one go to Olympics. I would believe Euro will be the determining qualifier for them thouh.
They do have two spots.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Team trainwreck future, or should I say half trainwreck

Angelopol, can we include him ?
he will look for a lower caliber partner since Kaganovskaya is almost as tall as he is now.

There goes another heartache because of being a short man :wuzrobbed

advance goodbye

Last edited:

Vagabond

Angelopol, can we include him ?
Rules:
1) Worlds/Olympic medalists and Euro/4CC's champions are not eligible
2) Multiple Euros/4CC's medal winners are not eligible
3) Membership and changes to the Rules and Qualities shall be decided by consensus among longstanding posters in the #TeamTrainwreck Threads, subject to points 1) and 2)
4) The pinky166 is not allowed to make more than one proposal a day
5) Proposals can be submitted in the #teamtrainwreck thread
6) New membership is granted only to current skaters
7) New membership is only granted to senior skaters (at least one international senior competition)
8) Membership can be cancelled due to points 1) and 2), numerous decent skates in a row or not being competitive on elite level anymore.

Come back when he has done at least one international Senior competition and maybe a new parther too. :p

Next!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Krasnopolski has more lives than a cat...
He's his own special :gallopin1 and you've got to admire him. He manages to claw his way to the Olympics every 4 years, something the other Israeli skaters/teams (except for Bychenko) don't seem to be able to manage. That is pure dedication to something.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Scheduling the final group ladies LPs of Nebelhorn and JGP Slovenia at the same time is homophobic :drama:
one on TV and one on the computer. Two results pages open and one FSU tab. And ambidextrous muting skills between the TV remote and the computer. Multitasking at its finest.

And, the pairs event at the Russian cup is tomorrow as well. That is a little more tricky unless you bring in a tablet.

J

Jeschke

Short notice today. I am done.

All our dudes made it through :encore:
Mark is such a star! I love his presence on ice! He is so into it.
Was great seeing him off ice too with Jirenbayev. Just 2 teen kids having fun.
Loved it! Not a big fan of the FS but the last minute is so batshit you have to love.

I had no clue I am that invested in Roman. Awesome seeing him live. My nerves.
Happy Vlad made it @SmallFairy

Not sure how I manage making it through the ladies FS. Will need new strategy.

Laney

Recap of today

RD nothing to remember about beside hot Georgy :EVILLE:
The first groups of men were painful to watch. I had hope that da Boss would also take da Larry in his Van when I saw the 🌈 on his costume but unfortunatelly the costume is a Pink Floyd cover so Larry is still mine 😭🤣 I hope he's not interested! 😁
Romskys skating is so :swoon::swoon::swoon: So happy he got the second spot for Canada. Also so happy for Vlad 😍 And a huge thanks to Vicent that the chances my Jason makes it to the Olympics rised a lot!
Sad for the Turkish boys!

Can't remember a competition where pairs struggled so hard with the lifts. That was scary to watch! Reliefed nothing more serious happend! Liked the Australian and Georgian team. Didn't knew them before.

Don't know if I watch all 36 ladies. Maybe I will skip the first and/or second group...

SamuraiK

Krasnopolski makes it through his 3rd olympics with his #893420 partner. No matter what you think of him, that's impressive.

Shame for the missing 3rd chinese but CHN fed has dug itself into a hole with their poor handling of teams and assignments/competition exposure.

Colonel Green

Nebelhorn Pairs FS
Aussie (+Russian): not quite as strong here as at their JGP, but off to a really promising start.
Ukrainians: Not in danger of being poached by another fed.
Partner du jour + Kras: imagine what he could have accomplished if he was willing to let one of these partnerships last; the talent squandered is kind of infuriating.
German #2s: real shame there's not two spots, but I'm rooting for the other guys, sorry. So are the judges, based on the scoring here.
:gallopin1 Chinese: This is the sort of result that can kill careers when you skate for a dictatorship.
Spaniards: :cheer: When you consider this is Barquero's third partnership in four years, she's an incredible natural talent, honestly maybe on the same level as Javier Fernandez. He's also pretty good.
German #1s: really doubling down on that program niche, but when you find one, make it work for you. The main thing holding this team back is that he always looks like he's on the verge of aborting their lifts. Gotta pump some iron.
Team Georgia, Russians in Disguise: Also rougher than at their JGP (and, let's be honest, a bit lucky), but another impressive partnership put together only recently.

Nebelhorn RD
Finns: great that the injuries mid-quad didn't derail them. So close now, guys!
Junior Fear & Senior Waddell: The Fear Sisters Olympic Team dream will have to wait another four years, though it's maybe not a good sign that George's younger brother scored several points higher than this in the RD on the same day.
Italian NextGen: These two made no impression on me during their JGP appearances, but they seem to have become the Italian #2s now; sadly, being the Italian #2 no longer means a guaranteed Olympic qualification.
Aussie (+Canadian): Holly is a total star. The pandemic probably especially hinders teams like this that could have used more uninterrupted training time, but keep on trucking to 2026.
AmeriKoreans: Sadly looking like they're going to be the ones on the outside looking in. That they didn't beat K/R even with the latter's errors shows the judges aren't with them.
CanArmenians: Just keep complaining until your dreams come true!
Team Georgia, Russians in Disguise: Great to have them back, but this was rough. Program looks to be cool when skated well, though.
Sharpay & Ryan: now here's a team that really came from nowhere. We're not too far away from there being two Czech sibling dance teams at Euros.

Nebelhorn Men
Zandron: calls to mind that Simpsons bit about the "no Homers" club; the Olympics have a sign that says "no Zandrons", they're allowed to have one.
Fentz: his program choices are so counterintuitive to his apparent personality.
:gallopin1 Romsky: this is why the fed doesn't want to give you things, Roman.
Lee: Wuzrobbed on PCS.
Litvintsev: the first time I saw this program (at Lombardia) I actually didn't make the connection that it was supposed to be a Joker program, so the music selection was very confusing.
Unknown Jesus: unique program choice, and considering this was his first real international assignment of note, he held up well.
Italian #3: feels more and more like a real threat to the top two guys.
Kerry: strange costuming choice and messy performance, but who cares, he's heading to his third Olympics.
Siao Him Fa: Richaud is spread so thin these days that very little of his work really stands out to me in a good way, but this is one of his more compelling recent programs.
UR King: Won the gold and wasn't completely eviscerated by Amano, the wins just keep piling up.

RoseRed

Nebelhorn Men
Romsky - Roman, did we really need to see exactly how close you could make it? Thank god he's pretty (and has great SS/musicality), because the PCS saved him. Deserved though. Such pretty skating - please land things so you go to the Olympics
Lee - I was too busy trying to remember to breathe after Roman to really watch, but good for him
Vlad - this is not ballet. I wish it was. Also, what kind of Joker costume is that? If you're going to do it, then commit! Really happy he made it though
Former unknown swan / current well known Jesus - can't believe Russia almost sent him to the JGP. Can he teach Roman about landing jumps in pressure situations? Agree with boss on the FS
Adam - I like the star wars more, but this is fine too okay I rewatched - upgraded to good, he has two entertaining programs
Young goose #3 - he's getting really good. I need Matteo at Oly/Worlds though, so he and Grassl can fight for spots
Vincent - congrats, pretty much locked up his Olympic spot

SP: the lightsaber fight program is so awesome, Vincent skating to Vincent is still funny

Overall, despite the heart attack Roman tried to give everyone, I'm happy with these qualifiers.

Nebelhorn Pairs
pair girl V7/Krasnopolski - can't believe he did it again. Actually, I can. Him pulling out an Olympic spot with a brand new partner just feels right at this point
Aussies - shame about the lift, but they wouldn't have made it, and I doubt she'd get citizenship in time. I really like them though
Rus-Georgians - Georgia for the team event! (with Gubanova??) Also, you got the spot and like 10 points higher overall than the JGP. You can smile
Spain - hope this partnership lasts for her, cause it's very promising
Ger 1 - shmaltz central, but it works for them
China - yikes on missing out on the home Olympics spot

Feel bad for Wang/Huang, but I'm happy with where the spots went

RoseRed

Nebelhorn Dance
Tech panel/judges - apparently in a very good mood for this
Armenians - apparently in between the complaining, they worked damn hard, because this is much better than I remember them being. Fine with them getting a spot
Hungary - I did not get up early enough to watch this, and I don't regret it
Israel - ditto. Also looking at their 140 total from Lake Placid, I never would have guessed they'd end up in the mix
Finns - really nice. Glad they're back and in shape
M/D - I know I complained that Vlad doesn't do enough (anything) with his costume for Joker, but this might be too much for me
Fear/Waddell - they're not bad, but I prefer both of their siblings :slinkaway
Rus-Georgians (dance version) - messy, messy. Hope they hang on to get the spot because I think they'll get it together by the winter
Aussie - agree with Col. Green. She's great. And I love the dress :love:
Czechs - instead of the sibling tango, can they just do a Sharpay/Ryan program? It would be so great

JGP
Ilya - look at him, actually landing his stuff. deserves extra ice cream for that 4Lo.
Other men - a couple decent, mostly :gallopin1 Stream stopped during the Canadian boy, but he apparently had 4 falls so for the best
Kachushkina/Muratov - she's a lot of fun, will keep an eye on her
Spain+ Cyprus boy - also fun, glad she's got a new partner
D'Alessandro/Waddell #2 - not sure why they insist on the doing the pattern the hard way, which no one else does (no break between), when they keep losing speed and levels on the 2nd one. Otherwise good

J

Jeschke

Of course the moment I cannot watch Yablokov landing and winning shit :rofl:

Nice #stillhere-skate by Erokhov :love: Nice moments with original-belly-kurbanov in knc!
2x4lo, 2wins. Great weekend for the Volchkova-Gang! :respec:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SmallFairy

Quite an exhausting day yesterday, had to tune out a bit for the earlier pairs, but came back for the important stuff.

H/S:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
I love them so much, they have such an easy, classic style. They beat H/K with almost 20 points here, so Annika and Boss' guy need to up their game. Their FS doesn't really work for them, they need more energy. I feel like they're stepping onto H/S land, and it's no need for them to do that. They are a great pair, who stand strong on their own. They can rely on their own style. The SP was fab.

Spanish pair was beautiful. Georgians so much potential. I really need 🇬🇪 for Team Event, with Moris as team captain, killing it! He deserves that, after long duty served for figure skating.

Dance I have no comments on, expect for repeating what I said in the PBP: Kana and Dai has by far the best and most original RD this season. Get them to Beijing. Give them all the points!!!
(I'm no fan of Koleto, as he ditched Norwegian ice dancer Thea Rabe, after she spend so much money and time and moved to the US to skate with him).

Why aren't more dancers doing some real bad ass hip hop? Skating need it. Kudos to young Germans for trying!

S

SmallFairy

AND HAIR BRUSH GUY MADE IT!

That's all I needed really. I was nervous as f***
@Colonel Green I actually didn't get it was a Joker program at Lombardia either:X3: It was much better here at NHT, he seems to enjoy playing it all out, and it works ok, but his big strength is classic, so.... oh well.... Maybe he wanted something different. The outfit is actually quite stylish, though I need the tights back.

I guess he can now take time to heal his foot and come back strong for Euros.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I really need 🇬🇪 for Team Event, with Moris as team captain, killing it! He deserves that, after long duty served for figure skating.
Georgia's qualified for the Team Event and sitting in a strong 9th place. Czech Republic and Germany are close behind in 10th & 11th and also qualified already but France and Korea, in 7th & 8th currently, probably won't qualify, so I think it's a safe bet that we'll see Moris captaining the Georgian team in Beijing!

S

SmallFairy

Thanks @Jeschke and @Laney for bringing it for our men yesterday!

Mark was SO FAB! His energy and charisma is so different, I love him. Lucky you to see him live. And Romsky too. So beautiful.

FRANGIPANI IS MY TOP ITALIAN!
Was there ever any doubt? I've been hard core Gabi since he first appeared at Euros. Forza!!!! Get yourself to Beijing! And he's impeccably dressed. Tanaka would be proud.

Hallam I love!

Spanish guy teasing me with one minute of baroque Händel I have no comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information