#TeamTrainwreck 23: Perky through the ages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Camden going to Columbia in fall 2022. Nathan has made every US singles skater think they can go to an Ivy and maintain competitive form at the same time.
Let's be honest here, Camden may as well be in school as his competitive form is ambiguous at the best. Boy is going to need to make a living doing something other than skating. The Ivies seem to be the rule, however. Zhou at Brown. Chen at Yale. Then there's Kraz at TCU. A horned frog is somehow fitting for him.

Colonel Green

Let's be honest here, Camden may as well be in school as his competitive form is ambiguous at the best. Boy is going to need to make a living doing something other than skating. The Ivies seem to be the rule, however. Zhou at Brown. Chen at Yale. Then there's Kraz at TCU. A horned frog is somehow fitting for him.
And Camden’s gal is/was at Cornell (I know she didn’t go this year for lack of in-person schooling, not sure if she plans to go back or not).

Vagabond

If Pulkinen does want to continue competing, it will be a lot easier for him to find a local coach and training facilities if hes at Columbia than it was for Zhou and the Chens at Brown, Cornell, and Yale.

Not that Karen Chen was actually at the Ivy part of Cornell. More like SUNY Ithaca, TBH. :shuffle:

J

Jeschke

No words.

But please let us keep this thread fun and keep the discussions of this somewhere else!
(And just for the record: no, I don’t want to shut this down because it’s Ross; I just don’t want this to become a (more :p) crazy thread)

Last edited by a moderator:

Laney

Important news: I am in love with Kunkel after latest interview!
I was positive surprised, too! Who thought this guy is able to smile? I prefer them to H/S and would be more than happy if they get the spot for the Olympics. Always liked Annika and really hope he learns to show his joy for skating, too.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Susie is coaching with Moskvina. :watch: I'm not a big fan of her teams (well, I adore the Beast and appreciate Mishina's work ethic), but now I'll be paying attention to St. Petersburg

And Dima is ready to show the world all he's capable. About time, boy.

Sylvia

TBD

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I hope that poster boy, if he reads this, doesn't take it too literally.
🐋 🏄‍♂️ 🐋
In the immortal words of Kelly Slater, you either grab the first wave and intimidate the competition or pick the ones that let you do things the others can't.

So, ride the wave, boys.

Speaking of 45 year old Slater, he's 1st alternate for the US team going to Japan and the two who are supposed to go have recently been injured and had surgery so, it's possible the oldest and greatest just might make the Olympic team he's worked so hard for all these years. No ill will toward John John Florence or Kalohe Andino, but I'm hoping one of them has to stay home.

Ka3sha

The best part of this video is that they are dancing to one of Valery Meladze songs. And he is a singer whose songs people usually sign while drinking (a lot) at night in karaoke or at home or at the party - no matter where, but a lot of alcohol is definitely included :lol:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Btw I think we all can agree that Savchenko‘s move to U.S. was just outta fear not making German single ladies team :p
#powerofdaschott
Yeah. From a legacy standpoint, I think it would have been infinitely more compelling and exciting for Aljona to make a run at the Olympics as a singles skater. A SP with 3T+3T, 3S, and 2A + astronomical PCS would kind of destroy Schott?

Plus then we would get the added parallel to Witt and Marina Kielmann in 1994, with old villainous OGM Savchenko taking poor Schott's Olympic spot. And then Schott could air her grievances all over the media, which tbh might inject a touch more personality in her skating. ;) Maybe even bleach her hair white blonde and get a perky LP with 5 music cuts.

And if Savchenko is dead set on coming back in pairs, teaming with Nyman/Sappenfield eliminates all enthusiasm I have for this comeback. But I'll save that for other threads.

Last edited:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
:rofl:
I haven't been here for a few days--but I 100% knew what post this was going to be before even clicking. Like no doubt whatsoever. :rofl: 😍

Icons! Sadly enough I almost want to start shipping these two. :slinkaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information