#TeamTrainwreck 22: Every dark cloud has a pewter lining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabond

I admire her grittiness though, In the future she will hit those five quads in a competition. This might take several seasons thus a good goal for a long career ala Tuktamysheva. She loves jumping we all know that. so....
Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level YES
2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program YES
3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again YES
4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones Recently, YES

And, as mentioned upthread, she's got the Qualities.

:gallopin1

NAOTMAA

I admire her grittiness though, In the future she will hit those five quads in a competition. This might take several seasons thus a good goal for a long career ala Tuktamysheva. She loves jumping we all know that. so....
I definitely admire her grit too. But it would definitely make more sense to start doing 4 cleanly at a consistent rate first before going for 5. At this point she’s good for 3.

One of the reasons Liza has lasted so long is cause she knew how to pace herself. Aleksandra is young and has a lot of time to achieve 5 but risks burning out if she rushes it

SamuraiK

Ladiezzzz Groups 1 & 2 Recap

Dutch - I hate to say bye bye to Niki Wories but this girl has won me over. Amazing debut. Who cares about high tech when you deliver like she did. See you in Beijing.
Mckay - given GBR training situation I wont say anything bad.
Chen - Has the Zayak rule changed? The repeated Lutz got 70% instead of simply not counting..
Lil Sis 1.0 - The utter lack of stamina runs in the family.
Boss Girl - Her spins are not her strength so why put all 3 at the end????
Lettuce Girl - This is where having no audience makes an impact. That Rachmaninov sequence is made for the audience to push you along till the end wih their claps and adrenaline shot.
Urushadze - Piaf demands charisma and she hasn't that much.
Feigin - classic example of jumping robot. Moonlight sonata is a crime choice for such dull skater. Nice final spin though.
Satoko - Is sad to see a former medallist to deteriorate so bad but we all knew those jumps were nevre going to last forever. were Wakaba and Mihara really worse at nationals? I dont see Beijing happening for fer or
Joker - OMG that faceeeeee... if you don't have the content go and entertain us!! Thank you
Saarinen - A meltdown of Pogoralaya proportions.
Ryabova - Solid but boring.

And uknown dutch girls moves up 8 places!!!

Best Dressed - Kiibus
Do Hard - McKay

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level YES
2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program YES
3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again YES
4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones Recently, YES

And, as mentioned upthread, she's got the Qualities.

:gallopin1
Except she now has a World medal. :)

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Sweep. :wuzrobbed The pressure on these kids was tremendous. I'm so proud of all three of the Russian women.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Does this mean we kick Liza off the Team again? :lol:
Bossman is composing the tribute now.

(((((Koylada)))) he doesn't handle pressure when there is no pressure. Gold and bronze in pairs, sweep in ladies, medal in dance (color to be determined) and then there's the men. I am hoping he skates that free skate like his life depends on it so the Russian press doesn't do another hatchet job on him.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I seem to remember Hanyu getting crap for jump stalking when he abandoned all choreography and went for jumps only. I also remember Nathan getting crap for paying attention to jumps only and just now getting the nod that he is finally a complete skater. And going further back to the start of the quad king talk, I remember Tim Goebbel getting crap for always being boring.

Trusova is in good company.
And let's not forget Zhou who was skewered for his quadfest in 2018.

Trusova deserves to be hammered for that jump stalking performance she gave us today. It was a stark contrast to have Mikutina and Hendrickx follow immediately after her.

J

Jeschke

Boss on Worlds RD
so far behind :drama:

Do Hard Highlights:
1. Saulius
2. Jon with Bukin
3. Kirill

WTF Highlights:
1. Taschler Pants
2. POL scores
3. Kaliszek shirt

Sad Highlights:
1. Versluis out
2. Missing Hawayek bitchface as she realized how far down they are
3. HUN out.

Skate Highlights:
1. Fournie Beaudry/Sorensen (especially the first slow part I love so much :love: )
2. Sinitsina/Katsalapov
3. Chock/Bates (first time I ever liked that RD)

Commentary :respec:

Ladies first flight now then bed.
I am done but the suspense is killing me :watch:

Last edited by a moderator:

NAOTMAA

Sweetest TURSY-pots indeed.

It’s too bad Mishin couldn’t be there with her to celebrate at that moment. Two of them been together through thick and thin. Criticism and all it would have been sweet

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
It’s too bad Mishin couldn’t be there with her to celebrate at that moment. Two of them been together through thick and thin. Criticism and all it would have been sweet
Wasn't he there in the KnC, sitting on one of the socially distanced ice cubes?

SamuraiK

Ladiezz Final Groups Recap

Quadsova - did plushenko ever attempted 5 quads?? I think Sasha truly belongs with him. Monstrous grit for the jumps at the risk of leaving everything else looking wasteland empty. But if you have them, go for them. Is a new era so get used to it!
Mikutina - she did it!!! Im finally interested in an austrian lady!!
Lil Sis 2.0 - she's hot and she knows it.. Jorik should be proud.
Schizas - don't feel too bad. losing the 2nd spot was bound to happen.
Lee - A promising Swan but honestly I prefer You and Lim.
Tennell - Fridge break and the decline of US ladiezz continues.
Asassin Spiral - having Joubert deja vu's with her. Never the most stylished but oozing cool factor.
Kim - I can't feel sad about a Love Story program.
Chen - well still dont agree with her being sent but she delivered. Congrats.
Empress - To be fair, I would have given the edge to Sasha. This had as much errrors but besides that it was slowww, cautious and dull which are bigger sins in my book than Trusova splastting her way to podium... BUT BUT is Empresss!!! Fluke Season NO MORE..
Kihira - despite the errors this program does nothing for me. Who would knew USA should thank her for the 3rd spot.
ZarAnna - lovely program and if we average everything she's deserving.

Overalll I think that now that the 3A-Quad era has dawned on ladies skating they have become just like the men: jumping lemmings, so be ready for more years of splatfests at major championships. Sometimes you gotta be careful with what you wish for.

Best Dressed - Sakamoto
do Hard - Hendrickx

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Sasha had nothing to lose by going for 5 quads after missing the combo in the short. High risk, yes, but that little girl has bigger balls than all the men. She had one chance to land on the podium and she took it. The name of the game is to medal. There's no prize money for 4th. No trip to the Olympics in Russia if you don't fight your way onto the podium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information