#TeamTrainwreck 22: Every dark cloud has a pewter lining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I just realised that Somewhere Daria Pavliuchenko must be having the biggest bitchface ever

You’re not gonna believe this.... I was pouring my drink just now I was thinking to myself where did Daria and her partner place in Russian nationals because I wonder if they could overtake T/M next year

SamuraiK

You’re not gonna believe this.... I was pouring my drink just now I was thinking to myself where did Daria and her partner place in Russian nationals because I wonder if they could overtake T/M next year
They actually beat Mishina & Galiamov at nationals. If Europeans had not been cancelled they probably will be here instead of M&G.

S

SmallFairy

. And then I thought `Tamara, you are 80 y.o! You can afford once in your life time to be shameless!'. So I took Queen's music, but without the vocals. And then felt that it does not make the impression I was aiming for - it was lacking the uplifting spirit, the colours. Hence I decided to go all the way and returned the vocals.
All hail:respec::glamor:

love_skate2011

Banned Member
And she makes it clear, the decisions are hers. She's the one with 60 years experience, not a pair of teenagers. And, those teens will show her respect when they get back to St Petersburg tomorrow.
some grounded explanation is needed after than BK drama in KC or else :kickass:

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
I am so tired. Burning the candle on both ends watching lower groups in the AM, then working, and catching up on the later groups in the evening. :yawn: Wish I could see some of the best skating live! :(

But even though this is way behind, a few impressions

Men's SP
-Hanyu: well that was something. :shuffle: Don't think the solo quad was well-controlled at all. Nice performance quality.
-Kagiyama: AMAZING. Can't wait for him to take over. Great technique and superlative glide and flow.
-Chen: A mistake! Empty program as usual. PCS overscore.
-Kolyada: Nice performance to this milquetoast Let's Get Loud. SP is good, but the FS is the real masterpiece.
-Messing: So well done. Love his spins and steps. Glad he found a fed that appreciates him.
-Uno: not his best
-Brown: intricate details, love the way he skates. Jumps are becoming more problematic, though.
-Aymoz: Pretty good skate. No comment on the program choice.
-Semenenko: There were jumps. That is all.
-Han Yan: Way underscored on PCS
-Zhou: 2 big disasters in 4 world/olympic starts. Please stop holding him up, USFS!
Honorable mention to Britschgi for Qing so emphatically!

Ladies SP
-Scherbakova: Lovely musical interpretation. Found that her technical deficiencies don't stand out as much on a big screen as on the computer. Enjoyable performance.
-Kihira: Nice fight. I am side-eyeing judges/callers who way over-scrutinized her jumps compared to others in the field. If underrotation is so bad, then Scherbakova shouldn't get away with her pre-rotation, hammering, and questionable edges. #endgrouse
-Tuk: She did it!
-Chen: Did the US buy the :bloc: or what? Clearly underrotated 3-3. Excellent basics and nice to see a repeat of her 2017 level.
-Kim: Best 3-3 of the night. Wonderful refined movement and use of arms. :cheer2:
-Sakamoto: a little sloppy in upper body movement. Great power and basic skating.
-Tennell: Why?? Combo mistake so untypical. Speedy and nicely-centered spins.
-Lee: nice and clean. Expression can develop more.
-Schizas: Great job! :respec:
-Hendrickx: Mature, complete presentation. wanted her to be so much higher. Come back in the free!
Honorable mention to Saarinen for some of the best PCS skills (not scores) in the competition.

SamuraiK

High School Musical First Groups recap.

Group 1 - Thanks for participating. Keep trying.
Dutch - Nice for a country with zero history in dance AFAIR
ITA 2 - I think he needs to build a little bit of muscle, always comes across as ungainly.
HUN - big mistake on the finnstep. Good luck at Nebelhorn.
French babies - IMPRESSED! very theatrical and precise. Well done
FinnSteps - disaster on the lift . a real shame, I really like them :(
Nikiclowns - years go by and still with the same style but im afraid without the progress :(
Czech Siblings - very energetic but somehow I ended zooming out.

Best dressed - ISR team from first group.
Do Hard - Brisaud, Lukacs and Nikitin twizzling all night.

SamuraiK

College Musical Groups 4 & 5 RECAP

JPN marriage - Mehhh but Im happy for them to finally making the cut.
Aussies - Really nice potential here. Crossing finger for them at Nebelhorn
D**ck - He loves to outshine her . Very sharp.
Mum's children - bad draw is going to hurt them a bit but they have really polished this program.
CAN babies - looots of energy and very well trained. A bit underscored IMO
A&T - this was messy and a big risk to leave so much time in the end without elements. Do it when you have the confidence to pull it of
Bitchface & Leprechaum - the cheese factor is so over the top but they do sell it.
Cadanish - I can hardly concentrate on their dance cause they are sooo hot . Solid.
Reed of the World - they seemed out of their league after such strong teams but Im rooting for her after all that's happened.

Best Dressed - Fournier & Tiffany,
Do Hard - Sorensen duhhh.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
She knows how to handle her skaters and understands heat of the moment reactions. All will be fine.
She certainly let Koslovskii learn a lesson the hard way after his self-proclamation earlier in the season.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

And, speaking of that, Mizroev who?

Vagabond

Were they ever nominated to be introduced into :gallopin1 ? Because they never fail to fail to deliver.
It's too late, baby, though they really did try to make it.

Their gold medal at Four Continents in 2018 means that they're OUT!!!!! :lynch:

Yes, I know that that was at Four Continents in an Olympic season, but it's their problem if their priorities are so mixed up. :COP: :p

SamuraiK

Low Budget Broadway musicals - Final Groups RECAP

Hurtado & Monko's man - What do they have to do to finally get some respect? I guess confidence cause while very elegant they still seem a bit cautious. ESP battle for oly spot is going to be Draaama.
Weird Polish - Is it me or is he always showing some shoulders and biceps? not that im complaining though, but I do complain about their overscoring.
Vogue - I can get the polish as they may be meh but tech they are fine, but these kids skate still smaller than their direct rivals and this program is not as entertaining.
CHN - This is what I was expecting the GBR to score like.
Legs & Puppy - Surprisingly this programs hasnt get old with me despite seeing it a million times but today it was flatter and the final kiss nos as passionate.
Voidy & Voidier - Impressed, the choreo demanded real synch and they nailed it.
Piccolinos - the finnstep pattern was not on par with the final group so sadly deservingly dropped.
Snakegirl & Fluteboy - DIVAA!! and she has improved in recognizing his existence so is all good.
Jerk & Girl In love - wooww really light and bubblying. Rahkamo & Kokko should be proud. Deserved leader.
H&D - I hate burlesque so it tooke me out of the performance but they seemed faster than before.

Best Dressed - Hurtado & Stepanova
Do Hard - Chock & BUkin

LeafOnTheWind

I seem to remember Hanyu getting crap for jump stalking when he abandoned all choreography and went for jumps only. I also remember Nathan getting crap for paying attention to jumps only and just now getting the nod that he is finally a complete skater. And going further back to the start of the quad king talk, I remember Tim Goebbel getting crap for always being boring.

Trusova is in good company.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I think Trusova is getting crapped on for the 5 quads thing because it’s clear she’s in way over her head yet insists on doing it. Haynu and Chen (who are criticized for it too) are at least close to achieving it clean, Trusova not so much
I admire her grittiness though, In the future she will hit those five quads in a competition. This might take several seasons thus a good goal for a long career ala Tuktamysheva. She loves jumping we all know that. so....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information