Canadian Pairs 2018/2019 Season News and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiquitaBanana

I thinks @couple novice may be speaking about the Men choice who both skated SR as well as the ladies pick. These skaters all skating international at the SR level and had higher placement than those who were still competing in JR.

Je pense que @couple novice parle peut-être du choix des hommes qui ont tous deux patiné SR ainsi que le choix des dames. Ces patineurs sont tous des patineurs internationaux au niveau SR et ont eu un placement plus élevé que ceux qui étaient encore en compétition dans JR.
That makes more sense...

dramagrrl

So it's been a week since Nationals - did I miss the announcement about Charlie Bilodeau's new partner?
Nope, unless all the rest of us missed it, too. ;)

If the Lubov rumours are true, I am starting to believe that many posters here are right that they must not be announcing because of some contract conflicts with her current Cirque du Soleil gig.

barbarafan

I remember reading somewhere on FSU that Lubov & Charlie don't intend to start training together until summer.

So if that is true, there is no rush to announce anything yet.

This makes sense. She would want to be confident it will work out before deciding to sign for another tour with Cirque or not. Meanwhile....there are several breaks on the tour where they can meet...make final decision..choose choreographer and music and start the programs.

Feb 18 to Mar 12-23 days
Mar 18 to Mar 26-9 days
May 27 to June 12 - 17 days
Jul 22 to Jul 31 - 10 days

I believe the last day of the tour is August 18

So it is doable if it is her. If it is not her we have no idea what timeline team is working on.

couple novice

I think at least 2 junior couples will swicht to senior and 5 novice couples will change to junior plus Simard who will find certainly another partner to perform in the junior couple. I could be wrong but this is what I expect.

cdn skate fan

I think at least 2 junior couples will swicht to senior and 5 novice couples will change to junior plus Simard who will find certainly another partner to perform in the junior couple. I could be wrong but this is what I expect.
Which ones do you expect to move up? Has Simard and his partner split already? It will be interesting to see how big the junior pair field will be next year!

RoseRed

I think only Choinard/Ostiguy will move to senior. The others all have another year of junior eligibility, and none are really ready for seniors. I'm not sure 5 novice teams will move up, but a couple should at least.

Vase

C/O will move up, if they stay together. I really like Ostiguy.
As for the others, I think you’ll see partner changes, some don’t have jumps solid and then others just look like they are not well matched.
Daleman/Corsini match well IMO, but she needs a 2A.
I think junior will be bigger next season, but Id like to see teams with jumps and skating skills.

Sk8mom123

C/O will move up, if they stay together. I really like Ostiguy.
As for the others, I think you’ll see partner changes, some don’t have jumps solid and then others just look like they are not well matched.
Daleman/Corsini match well IMO, but she needs a 2A.
I think junior will be bigger next season, but Id like to see teams with jumps and skating skills.
I think Choinard and Ostiguy will move up. I hope they stay together I think they make a nice team. Did Corsini not land 2As at Nationals? I thought she did. They do match well also. Its always interesting at this time of year to see what will emerge in the Spring/Summer.

Vase

I think Choinard and Ostiguy will move up. I hope they stay together I think they make a nice team. Did Corsini not land 2As at Nationals? I thought she did. They do match well also. Its always interesting at this time of year to see what will emerge in the Spring/Summer.

Corsini don’t seem to get the full rotation on the Axel.

insideedgeua

Why do you say that? For some reason I expect the announcement to come after world's which is probably when they actually start training.

Well, I originally heard the news back in December from a very reliable source. I was told it was a done deal. However, things change. I’m hoping to speak with this same person again this week at 4 CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information