#TeamTrainwreck 16: We do hard, not crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
There are so many smaller, but great comps, I've lost track of what is when. So, I know where to come for answers:
Russian juniors is this weekend (Sat-Mon). Any other comps?

Maybe I'll get time to put them in a list as we're going to need superior organization skills to keep up between now and Worlds.
Feb 1-3 Enga Dance Trophy
Feb 5-10 Bavarian Open (Bidar and new partner debut, #TheFinger, Orzel and many more)
Feb 5-10 Sofia Trophy
Feb 7-9 4CC
Feb 7-10 Dragon Trophy
Feb 7-10 Nordics
Feb 15-17 Some weird event
Feb 21-23 Open Ice Cup (Israeli men)
Feb 21-24 Challenge Cup (lots of interesting skaters including Bidar and new partner again)
Mar 4-10 Jr Worlds

And Universiade is in there somewhere in late Feb. There's at least one #TTW in each event. Some have more. I was making a short list and once it reached 3 pages I quit.

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

Love all this up-coming! Hope I can keep track. There's a lot going on in life at the moment, and it feels like so many of the other threads are on repeat, so I mostly come in here:lol: I count on us #ttw to keep getting the big news first.

I'm off to the airport tomorrow morning to competition Saturday. Wish me luck:gallopin1

rfisher

Let the skating begin
He beat him at Italian Nationals and took the title away. Rizzo threw a temper tantrum in the KnC afterwards. Did you watch them sitting on the coach as Europeans progressed? Rizzo looked like he was babysitting his annoying little brother. I felt the same way when my mother made me do the same for my younger sister.

Colonel Green

Why though? Is this from an interview?
He hasn't said anything publicly, but if take a look at any footage of them at the same event and you'll see Rizzo at a minimum thinks little of Grassl as a skater. He was furious at losing at Italian Nationals and stormed out of the KnC, and when they were seated adjacent at the Europeans results area he acted like Grassl's presence was a grievous imposition.

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
I wouldn't read too much into the k&c reaction, being upset for losing the title (maybe at himself?) Doesn't mean he "hates" Grassl. And very little can be inferred by those few minutes sitting under the spotlight in an awkward situation while waiting to know if you will medal or not.
In the latest article, Link Rizzo is quoted saying about Grassl "we have a good relatioship even if we live far. This rivarly is good for both ".

J

Jeschke

🇷🇺 junior nationals are killing me.

My loyality for the men is obvious:
I need a team of Erokhov, Savosin and Murashov and will accept nothing less! 👆🏼

Dance the same:
Shevchenko/Eremenko and my new secret favourites Khudaiberdieva/Nazarov all the way! 💪🏼

Ladies:
Oh boy
I really need Kanysheva making it, just for that awesome happy knc again! 😍
And of course because I need to see the empire crumbling! 😇

Pairs:
While I totally love all three pairs of Kostiukovich/Ialin, Panfilova/Rylov, Akhanteva/Kolesov, you can't deny that Mishina/Galiamov really deserve to be on that damn team too. So may the better ones (with 2lo, 2a1eu2s 😬) make it in the end! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information