Ukrainian skaters' migration to other countries

airgelaal

Fresh interview with Maxim Nikitin. It is in Ukrainian, but Google translate is quite decent. He confirmed that Zhulin-team did not contact them at all.

Bigbird

Fresh interview with Maxim Nikitin. It is in Ukrainian, but Google translate is quite decent. He confirmed that Zhulin-team did not contact them at all.
He will be fine. Zhulin team or no!!

reut

I read on Twitter that she liked Plushenko's pro-Putin post on Instagram and made some unsavoury statements in support of the invasion. I imagine the Ukrainian federation did not take kindly to that.

Edit: Some screenshots here for those of you who read Russian:

Anastasiia Shabotova has been expelled from Ukraine’s National Team by order of the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine.
https://ufsf.com.ua

divan

Some photos and videos from today's warm welcome at Montpellier (also check stories)

Hanna

Skating junkie
Holubtsova/Bielobrov have started a GoFundMe for their training expenses.

Thank you for this! 🤩 They are another team that I have loved since their early junior days and that Super Mario FD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk7HLbeBNsA And I was so happy to see them do so well at Euros this year! Also, they have a cute corgi. 😍

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I just found it again under a different name. Different organiser name but message I assume was copy/paste from the original attempt based on "My name is Kyryl"...

Not going to link to it, I am sure someone around here has actual connections in Obertsdorf to find out if it's legit first.

Hanna

Skating junkie
For what it's worth, both of them are mentioning the Gofundme on their instagrams, so at least it wasn't started by a rando. They mention the first one got blocked but don't say why.

Last edited:

BittyBug

Disgusted
Interview with Nazarova and Nikitin on Ukrainian TV. Subtitles work ok.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Interview with Nazarova and Nikitin on Ukrainian TV. Subtitles work ok.

The hosts speak Ukrainian, Nikitin replies in Russian. So much for `discriminating Russian speakers..'

Dobre

Going through the list of dancers for Junior Worlds today, which made me wonder about Pinchuk & Pogorielov, whose skating I quite liked on the JGP this season. I went back through this thread & gather they are safe. Do we know where they are now? Are they training somewhere?

*I can't see the link above because I don't have Instagram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information