#TeamTrainwreck 9: Next Splat Station: Pyeongchang

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiK

As grateful I am to the youtube uploadres, Im starting to hate the sensationalist images they chose for their videos, specially when there's drama involved. I wanted to watch Men's LP spoiler free but then I see a video with Salmon Boy on the floor crying and I had no choice to run to the result page. It was the same with Anna, basically every video of her SC LP had her laying on the ice as if Tsareva had killer already.

That said, Im kinda glad I saved myself from what it seems was a TT deluxe of epic proportions.

S

SmallFairy

I'm still exhausted from men's FS:(

Finally caught up on the rest of ladies short..

Sakamoto edge clinic:respec:Gosh, I love her! Hope to see her keep killing it in the future!

Queen Satoko - that's how a step sequence is done, with actual choreo. Cough, Ashley.

Karen Chen - that MESS-shortlist fall challenges Viveca's winning fall last season. Just ouch and wtf:yikes:

Love Tsurskaya!! She's not coming here, she's about to overtake all them babies! Great to see get back!

Perkova is on fire. Her facial expressions can make oh so many avatars! #missionmercedes2018 indeed!

Daleman's Carmen is unbearable. Bradie T. is so American I don't know what to say. That LP of hers is fitted for an 8 year old, but I'm willing to give her slack if she keeps being consistent. Ashley's dress it totally stunning. Nicole R I didn't watch. Zzzzzz.

Ka3sha

What do you all say: Nikita didn't botch or mess up a thing! :p

Btw, I really liked the performance (for the first time) :gallopin1
As I said even before the Skate America, I'm not ashamed to admit that I luuurve Nikita as a skater. They had a great outing here and I hope that they'll stay on their feet at Nationals and place ahead of Stepanova/Bukin.
And he is :swoon:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I think he'll be very pleased with their scores. She's still young and probably wasn't realistic. :lol: But, I'm sure he knows they've made huge progress this year. There's still lots of work to do, but she's going in the right direction.

I liked Sin/Kats as well. Nikita might be a bad boy, but I kind of like bad boys. :D

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Bradie T. is so American I don't know what to say. That LP of hers is fitted for an 8 year old

LOLLLL..I know... As soon as I heard the music.. I was like OMG hadn't heard that since her last B.. Its so novice... maybe, maybe Juniors. Well, now that she has all the technical goods I hope someone steps in and hands her some senior material.

I agree with you that Ashley dress is stunning if you are talking about the SP. That Free is tacky tacky tacky. But I am a grown man who thinks a grown woman (this means you, Sotskova) should never wear pink meant for 3 year olds. Mehhhhh.

I like this thread. we can be catty here.

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
So how legit do we think the Ashley withdrawal was? I’m having a hard time deciding.

Also I think Bradie is Polina Edmunds-ing her way onto this Olympic team. And I want to see her get some personality between now and then, so I can root for her. It’s Bradie bitch! :drama:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

So how legit do we think the Ashley withdrawal was? I’m having a hard time deciding.

Also I think Bradie is Polina Edmunds-ing her way onto this Olympic team. And I want to see her get some personality between now and then, so I can root for her. It’s Bradie bitch! :drama:

Like when she heard Bradie's...142 (20 points higher than what she did at SC) or whatever it was she was like... "I can't touch that for sh*t. Peace out." ?

Dunno... but I woulda been thinking am I gonna get beat by someone who wasnt even on the radar a hot minute ago???

I knew there would be the Polina Edmunds factor since August (either Amber Glenn or Bradie). Except in this case I do feel Bradie will be National Champion. Polina was 2nd or 3rd? Refresh my drink please.....

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
@pinky166 I believe Wagner’s withdrawal was legit, her decline has been obvious since WTT in 2016, she can be as strong willed as they come but when you aren’t natually talented to begin with and your body is already giving out there is only so much she can do. This showed IMO that Tennell’s scores at Lombardia were close to accurate, especially given how Higuchi, Zagitova and Kostner (who were also at Lombardía) have been scored on the GP so far. An over the hill Wagner is still amongst the best the U.S. has to offer, so I hope Ashley skates the rest of this season for herself instead of worry about being the top U.S. woman.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
@pinky166 I believe Wagner’s withdrawal was legit, her decline has been obvious since WTT in 2016, she can be as strong willed as they come but when you aren’t natually talented to begin with and your body is already giving out there is only so much she can do. This showed IMO that Tennell’s scores at Lombardia were close to accurate, especially given how Higuchi, Zagitova and Kostner (who were also at Lombardía) have been scored on the GP so far. An over the hill Wagner is still amongst the best the U.S. has to offer, so I hope Ashley skates the rest of this season for herself instead of worry about being the top U.S. woman.
Unfortunately, she has a lot of endorsements that are premised on her being the top US woman. Endorsements that will disappear if she doesn't make the Olympic team.

twizzlesizzle

This was a truly :gallopin1 GP series.
So many injuries, withdrawals, falls, dramatic performances :yikes:

You would think that with everything that happened prior to Adam skating, he would've taken the quad out. A successful triple in place of the 4 lutz would've gotten him closer, if not over Nathan (based on Nathan's performance).

twizzlesizzle

Except in this case I do feel Bradie will be National Champion.

No. The USFS used their dirty money at Skate America to buy Bradie her podium finish. Sadly Daleman couldn't hold it together otherwise Bradie would've been 4th.

Nationals is a different ballgame. Other international competitions won't hold up the USFS money and Bradie will get real scores then.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

^^^ I kinda feel like her scores are legit. No under rotations... for any program. High technical. Meh for PCS (to be expected). Daleman needs something new for her free, ditch this tinkly piano music (Homegirl also had the lowest technical score of everyone and thats including Nicole Rajicova)... so theres that.....

SamuraiK

Who knew SA could be such a :gallopin1 and entertaining event¡ Please make it happen later in the game always from now on.

My impressions

Pairs
Empress Aliona and that jock that lifts her: Im sad that masterpiece of a program is losing its magic with each showing. granted it was too dificult even for our empress. My heart will ache for her when she misses olympic gold for a third time but then again Robin is not there anymore so it wont hurt as much.
Duhamel and Radford: Im not the typical D&R hater but this was duller than usual for them.
Yu& Zhang: She's a true rockstar. I Love her. If I was there I would have wasted tons of money in buying her a huge teddy bear aswell. And Star Wars soundtrack was nicely used.
The Knierims: I have realized Chris is getting hunkier and hotter each day. Shes very lucky, at least in the love department because the skating is still meh.
Enbert: I know im in the minority here but I dont see whats his appeal. Hes not attractive at all IMO but really liked the semi costume change.
Other US Pairs : No one cares.

Men
The guys were really in lemming mode this time around. Jumping and falling and hurting themselves as if their lives depended on it :gallopin1
Chen: Best SP of the season but why so greedy on the LP kid, is only hurting your chances.
Rippon: Never a fan but credit when its due. Hes a fighter.
Voronov: Silverfox:encore::encore:His face on the K&C was all kinds of awesome.
Chinese boys: :fragile::fragile::fragile::fragile: So pretty, so fragile.
Salmon boy: As much :watch: he gives us, im starting to feel the 2nd ISR spot is a waste.
Canadian C Team: No one cares

Dance
Really strict panel in this event which made for tons of shocked faces during K&C . Beautiful.
Shibutanis: Best SD of the season and Still US #1. Im getting ready for the H&D heartbreak.
Cappellini & Lanotte: Given their limited potential they have achieved so much but I fear they still want some better results. Dont be silly kids, just enjoy your last ride.
Katsalapov and no personality blond russian girl: I'll break my promise and give a do-hard list award. If anyone deserves going hard with no mercy on him its Nikita.
Gilles & Poirier: Bring back the voids please
Zahorski & Guerreiro: Sad, goodbye Euros trip. The improvement they showed at their last event was nowhere today. Really stagnated.
Parsons: another junior champ team bites de dust. Who thought repeating the legendary Missing was a good idea?

Ladies
Miyahara: I confess I have never been a fan of hers. I concede shes elegance on ice and i'll sound cliche but this is a sport first. those jumps shouldnt give anyone a podium finish. Shes lucky the caller was generous because the US girls were also participating.
Sakamoto: I adore that Amelie program. Amazing K&C reaction. I just want to pretend JPN has 5 spots and not get anxious about it.
Tenell: It's official, we have a new Polina Edmunds in the house. Wagner knew it too well.
Daleman: So fricking hot, so delusional about her scores.
Tsurskaya: :wall::wall::wall: She just gave RUS fed the perfect excuse for not going with a full Eteri team.
Sakahnovich: I know shes also a big fave around here but I dont see the appeal either. The program was a sequence of lifeless jumping passes until the last 30 seconds , was she paying homage to late Plushy's carreer?

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Who knew SA could be such a :gallopin1 and entertaining event¡ Please make it happen later in the game always from now on.

My impressions

Pairs
Empress Aliona and that jock that lifts her: Im sad that masterpiece of a program is losing its magic with each showing. granted it was too dificult even for our empress. My heart will ache for her when she misses olympic gold for a third time but then again Robin is not there anymore so it wont hurt as much.
Duhamel and Radford: Im not the typical D&R hater but this was duller than usual for them.
Yu& Zhang: She's a true rockstar. I Love her. If I was there I would have wasted tons of money in buying her a huge teddy bear aswell. And Star Wars soundtrack was nicely used.
The Knierims: I have realized Chris is getting hunkier and hotter each day. Shes very lucky, at least in the love department because the skating is still meh.
Enbert: I know im in the minority here but I dont see whats his appeal. Hes not attractive at all IMO but really liked the semi costume change.
Other US Pairs : No one cares.

Men
The guys were really in lemming mode this time around. Jumping and falling and hurting themselves as if their lives depended on it :gallopin1
Chen: Best SP of the season but why so greedy on the LP kid, is only hurting your chances.
Rippon: Never a fan but credit when its due. Hes a fighter.
Voronov: Silverfox:encore::encore:His face on the K&C was all kinds of awesome.
Chinese boys: :fragile::fragile::fragile::fragile: So pretty, so fragile.
Salmon boy: As much :watch: he gives us, im starting to feel the 2nd ISR spot is a waste.
Canadian C Team: No one cares

Dance
Really strict panel in this event which made for tons of shocked faces during K&C . Beautiful.
Shibutanis: Best SD of the season and Still US #1. Im getting ready for the H&D heartbreak.
Cappellini & Lanotte: Given their limited potential they have achieved so much but I fear they still want some better results. Dont be silly kids, just enjoy your last ride.
Katsalapov and no personality blond russian girl: I'll break my promise and give a do-hard list award. If anyone deserves going hard with no mercy on him its Nikita.
Gilles & Poirier: Bring back the voids please
Zahorski & Guerreiro: Sad, goodbye Euros trip. The improvement they showed at their last event was nowhere today. Really stagnated.
Parsons: another junior champ team bites de dust. Who thought repeating the legendary Missing was a good idea?

Ladies
Miyahara: I confess I have never been a fan of hers. I concede shes elegance on ice and i'll sound cliche but this is a sport first. those jumps shouldnt give anyone a podium finish. Shes lucky the caller was generous because the US girls were also participating.
Sakamoto: I adore that Amelie program. Amazing K&C reaction. I just want to pretend JPN has 5 spots and not get anxious about it.
Tenell: It's official, we have a new Polina Edmunds in the house. Wagner knew it too well.
Daleman: So fricking hot, so delusional about her scores.
Tsurskaya: :wall::wall::wall: She just gave RUS fed the perfect excuse for not going with a full Eteri team.
Sakahnovich: I know shes also a big fave around here but I dont see the appeal either. The program was a sequence of lifeless jumping passes until the last 30 seconds , was she paying homage to late Plushy's carreer?

O-M-G....

WHO ARE YOU?

I can't believe I agree with so much you say........ In PAIRS I agree with every comment including hunky Knierim. AND I LOVE YU, she is GORGEOUS!!!! Enbert.. He's handsome.. yes.. you gotta look at those buns tho.... I do love D&R and I thought it was losing its luster.

Men.. Yes, Chen BEST SP of any guy. I agree about Rippon. Salmon, true. LOL. Canada Team C true.

Shibs, agree about SD!!! G&P agree. C&L agree. Parsons: agree... Michael needs MUCH MUCH more expressions... or change of expressions.. I feel he has the same expression and only that expression. He always looks the same.

Ladies.... I agree about Miyahara too. Sakamoto, I agree. Yup Tennell is the new Edmunds (or maybe GG). Daleman: Yup like Yu she is GORG! And yes delusional, lol. Sakanovich: I KNOW!!! whats the appeal... I was so disinterested when the announcer said she tanked here last here at SA. My thought was "She was at SA last year too?" Didnt remember that at all.

S

SmallFairy

You would think that with everything that happened prior to Adam skating, he would've taken the quad out. A successful triple in place of the 4 lutz would've gotten him closer, if not over Nathan (based on Nathan's performance).

But Adam now has the Daisuke-mindset. All in, no crap:respec:

S

SmallFairy

I'm no particular Ashely fan, I'm getting a bit bored by her all-look-the-same programs, but if she has an ankle infection, no way her withdrawal "due to medical" is fake. Infections are serious business, it must be treated asap, you could end up loosing a limb if not careful. My friend is off the ice now, we don't know for how long. It started with a tiny wound, now her ankle looks horrible. And it isn't even infected the doctor thankfully confirmed yesterday. She's been damn lucky. A nurse at the rink saw her wound and said: "That can lead to amputation". See what other posts in the us ladies thread and the PBP thread from yesterday states.

Get well soon Ashley!!!!

Loves_Shizuka

Agreed @SmallFairy

Ashley is hanging on by her fingertips as it is; such awful-sounding injuries must be sh!t for her right now.

Apparently TSL is really going after her. Quelle surprise. TSL is a TTW all by itself :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information