#TeamTrainwreck 22: Every dark cloud has a pewter lining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel Green

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I have picked out Bossman's next skating crush as soon as he ages up a year or two. You'll all know as soon as you see him in the Russian junior men's event.

J

Jeschke

I have picked out Bossman's next skating crush as soon as he ages up a year or two. You'll all know as soon as you see him in the Russian junior men's event.
Yablokov is open knowledge here or do I have to scroll the entire event now? :drama:
The suspense. Speak!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Yablokov is open knowledge here or do I have to scroll the entire event now? :drama:
The suspense. Speak!
No, not him. He's an old crush. Your new crush. Look further down the list. :lol:

ETA: there's a strong resemblance to one of your other favs. You do have a type.

Last edited:

Colonel Green

After the Kiibus news the other day, I felt it was time that the 2020 Rostelecom Cup's Wikipedia entry include a section on the YKW controversy. After I did that, another user made some additional edits, including a mention of Leonova's birthday party :rofl: -- bossman, is that you?

Vagabond

After the Kiibus news the other day, I felt it was time that the 2020 Rostelecom Cup's Wikipedia entry include a section on the YKW controversy. After I did that, another user made some additional edits, including a mention of Leonova's birthday party :rofl: -- bossman, is that you?
:rolleyes: You didn't read the revised entry very closely.

tinyurl.com/15ufnm9j
in addition, several skaters, including Aliev, were also photographed in the following weeks at a birthday party for retired Russian skater Alena Leonova.
Perkova is not retired! :angryfire

It's safe to say that neither boss nor vice wrote that.

This, of course, prompted me to look at Perkova's own Wikipedia entry. (The link is in the quotation above.)
Leonova is renowned for either superb technical ability, great style or artistic abilities, or noteworthy consistency, but she increasingly has gained recognition and praise for her unique choreography, on ice personality and delivery of her programs, and speed and attack. Her programs in the 2011 and 2012 seasons, done by renowned choreographer Nikolai Morozov, were noted for their creativity, rather bizarre and off beat quality, and complexity, and her delivery and commitment to them were praised. Early in her career she drew comparisons to former Russian great Irina Slutskaya due to her strong jumping ability and effervescent personality on the ice.
This might be a joint contribution by boss and vice. The English is too fluent and stylish to be the work of bossman working on his own. 🕵️‍♂️

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Had time to rewatch final flight 🇷🇺 junior guys + Anisimov :p

Semenenko. My discovery of the season. Very happy. Was the costume change always there? I just remember the red, the first thing looks hideous.
Golubev. Never heard of him. Velvet to hiphop beats to chinese music. @Laney might be interested.
Rukhin. Well, don't know what to say.
Yablokov. I partied so hard as he remained on podium only to realize he didn't in the end :drama: Oh well, this would have been finally a big medal again for Volchkova, but, oh boy :drama: What is this weird music? I like though (program is crap though). Yablokov really ages nicely from pretty kid to handsome guy!
Samsonov. What happened to the hair? I like the program for him.
Kovalev. Final steps. So trashy. So good.
Anisimov. Sparks of his talent. He has obviously better basics than Ilya, but he is triple the :gallopin1

And whoever he is, kudos to bringing some decent Queen outfit

Random notes:
  • Volchkova-gang not back to belly back seethrough fabric again. Well, the live up to their reputation :rofl:
  • Guy I really was looking forward to (Soloviev) finsihed dead last :gallopin1

J

Jeschke

Rewatched 🇷🇺 junior pairs:

Thoughts in order of importance.

1. Senza Parole owned the night. Nazarychev is pure gold in thise program. (For all who haven't so far), check his fingers/hands during the entire (!!!) program.
2. Kostiukovich/Briukhanov FTW! This was tense but I don't care at all. He is a my hero and she is a star. Priceless post-skate and knc reaction. They better win a medal tomorrow.
3. I am litereally so close too Evgeniev uber-status. They have best set of programs (after K/B) and he is such a rockstar! If only she could live up 5% to Mukhortova the 1st :drama:
4. Shagalov pants.
5. Kolesov, what have you done to your face? Get rid of whatever that is in it.

J

Jeschke

Speaking of.
Awesome drawing of flowerboys armada.
Foto-04-02-21-18-19-21.jpg

Would definitely consider as avatar if i could recognize more than 4 of the phote :p

Last edited by a moderator:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
One year to go folks :love:
That should be long enough for Savchenko and Massot to be ready. They can skate at Nebelhorn if they need to get pesky minimums. Pity about the rest of the German teams but she gave them 3 spots at Worlds which they squandered. :drama:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
That should be long enough for Savchenko and Massot to be ready. They can skate at Nebelhorn if they need to get pesky minimums. Pity about the rest of the German teams but she gave them 3 spots at Worlds which they squandered. :drama:
I don't know that I'd say the German teams have squandered the three spots she gave them. Getting three spots the next year would have meant getting past 3 Russian teams, 2 Chinese teams, J/C, DM/G, MTM, and ahead of the Austrians, C-G/L who were on a mission to earn back the US' 2nd spot, and some other comparable teams. Dropping down to 2 spots was inevitable for them. That they maintained them and will probably manage to hang onto both going into next season is not terrible seeing as Germany can't manage to earn two spots in any other discipline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information