#TeamTrainwreck 21: Ride until the fantasy ends!

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I was close to tag you :rofl:

To me, the FS that season was just everything :swoon: Such a stunning fit for her. I am happy she skated it in a great demanding way almost every event leading up to this mess.
Pogo was one of a kind :wuzrobbed

Agreed, such a great program. Don't think I recognized it at the time just how perfect it was.

And now, feeling masochistic, I just re-watched the 2017 Worlds LP. :drama: :fragile:

J

Jeschke

And Marilu is private now!
How I will miss these way too showy swimsuit shots at the beach 🆘

Thank god we still have IrinaLux!

Last edited by a moderator:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I'm amused at those just now discovering Rozanov. Those of us who follow Russian juniors and internal comps already knew this Eteri minion. He is too pretty to keep competing with Daniil for much longer for pretty boy status. Not sure Plushenko's rink is going to get him where he wants to go, but who knows? Between he and Velkov, they just might succeed. Plush can just keep doing what he does and let them get on with it.

J

Jeschke

So it's Nazarov's birthday today (still not over it :drama: )
Kanysheva sending wishes with footage of them doing a spin.
Is he part of her coaching team in ice dance? Are they giving it a try together?
(yeah, it's off season and I am bored :p )

rfisher

Let the skating begin
So it's Nazarov's birthday today (still not over it :drama: )
Kanysheva sending wishes with footage of them doing a spin.
Is he part of her coaching team in ice dance? Are they giving it a try together?
(yeah, it's off season and I am bored :p )
He could have still had a partner if he hadn't cost her a medal. :drama:

The Little Fairy needs someone worthy.

J

Jeschke

Seems like Vik got the memo that Rozanov‘s old job is up to grab based on his slimy IG post :D

J

Jeschke

🇷🇺 new release criteria:
  • The irony of Nugu getting a late challenger last season now :drama:
  • Stasia could be ready for Beijing
  • Perkova/Nastia set to kick Ryabova of 🇦🇿 team next season! :watch:
  • (((Efimova)))

rfisher

Let the skating begin
🇷🇺 new release criteria:
  • The irony of Nugu getting a late challenger last season now :drama:
  • Stasia could be ready for Beijing
  • Perkova/Nastia set to kick Ryabova of 🇦🇿 team next season! :watch:
  • (((Efimova)))
Don't get my hopes up regarding Gubanova. I would weep with joy if she skated for AZE.

Perkova is busy playing with her puppy. Being a puppymom is a full time job and she doesn't have time to go traipsing off to another country. :)

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Khuda needs to :kickass: and Bazin better be on his A game or she'll kick his first.

#thefinger is on the reserve team :cheer2: They need to bump #daughterNo1 off the A team. Or Khuda can. I'd be good with either situation. :saint:

J

Jeschke

As it's still so boring here and Eurovision night would have been today.
For our entertainment: #TeamTrainwreck Eurovision Edition (in alphabetic order)
These would have been the official entries of those countries.

🇦🇿 (Litvintsev, Perkova'21)
🇧🇾 (1930's)
🇨🇿 (Brezina)
🇫🇮 (@Hanna , Peltonen)
🇫🇷 (Aymoz)
🇩🇪 (@Laney , Boss, Schott)
🇬🇧 (@taz'smum )
🇮🇱 (Salmon)
🇮🇹 (@levineismine )
🇱🇹 (@alchemy void choreo)
🇳🇴 (@SmallFairy , ComfyBalls)
🇷🇺 (@Ka3sha , Aliev, LaTuk, Nugu, Perkova, Stasia, #TheFinger)
🇸🇮 (Grm)

---
No discussion, Russia was robbed big time of the win here :drama: :mitchell:
12pts from Germany.

Why do I have the feeling, @alchemy void will have not much sleep tonight and his playlist will be significantly longer tomorrow? :D

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I love how the comments section on EVERY SINGLE ONE of these videos (well, except poor Slovenia) is wuzrobbing each country of a Eurovision win due to COVID-19. :lol:

Reminiscent of me relentlessly bitching about the lack of GOE for Peltonen's jumps at Euros. :p

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Time for my definitive Eurovision rankings, thanks to @Jeschke for compiling the list above. I added Estonia to the list, gotta represent our fabulous Estonian girls: Gerli, Kiibus, Petrokina, Glebova, Vahi, STD.

I'm too lazy to do the country emojis right now.

#1 Germany - "Violent Thing" is Dave Kotting's Grindr nickname. :shuffle: Formulaic dance at is very best. Absolutely love this. Yup, I'm THAT basic!

#2 Israel - catchy as hell, great energy, love the variety of genres in the song, and sounds super modern and fresh

#3 Azerbaijan - WTF! :love: The most authentic middle eastern performance ever! At least since Perkova's 2017 LP and 2012 SP. :lol: Awesome song: trashy. catchy AF, but still unique. THIS is the Cleopatra music Tuktamysheva needs to skate to.

#4 Estonia - this TOTALLY sounds straight out of 2004, also known as when music peaked. Yeah, it's generic, but it's uplifting, and I keep wanting to listen to it. And he's hot. But not TOO hot, which makes me believe I still might just have a chance, and we can listen to late 90s/early 00s music together...

#5 Lithuania - really solid song. the ridiculous choreography and packaging is rather distracting (bald head and wide-legged pants is a total WTF, trust me).

#6 Norway - classy ballad. This should be an epic Amber Glenn SP next season.

#7 Russia - super catchy and trashy. :cheer: Minus one part for the bad creepy seventies styling. I've always felt like I should love this more than I have, maybe it just doesn't seem genuine enough?

#8 Finland - the Susanna Poykio of songs: classy, great components (lyrics especially), but I was bored even though I knew I shouldn't be. Kwan fans will love this one. :p

#9 UK - weird video: shirtless daddy gets hypothermia while partaking in watersports? nice song, kind of generic. Over-produced, just like Natasha McKay's SP choreography. #justice4karly

#10 Czech Republic - not embarrassing, I guess. Good background music for shopping or sex?

#11 Italy - zzzzzzzzzzzzz

#12 France - A pretty face can't save this. Generic.

#13 Belarus - the musical equivalent of 1930s valiantly attempting to achieve Euros minimums, then doing 3S<<, 3T<<, and getting 13 TES. :p

#14 Slovenia - sorry Dasa. Generic ballad, not sung particularly well. Please don't skate to this.

Last edited:

Colonel Green

The ISU replay of the 2017 men's Worlds free finished earlier.

• Patrick's final 4S and final clean 3A in competition!
  • I had forgotten how, even with Hanyu's now-legendary free skate, Uno almost hung on to first place; though it was probably safer for Shoma that he didn't;
  • the era when Nathan still wore real costumes;
  • I'll take "Seimei" over "Hope and Legacy" any day of the week, but when Hanyu's on, he's on, and in terms of execution I don't think he was ever better than he was here.
  • Javier :gallopin1'd himself off the podium despite an all-time personal best in the short program.

J

Jeschke

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information