#TeamTrainwreck 20: Large Caliber Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Could have been Mihara's year. :( She may not be the most exciting, but that girl had consistency and reliability in spades.

Miyahara's latest skaters are worrisome. And why can't Higuchi and Sakamoto ever have good skates in the same competition? I started to feel pumped that they'd both make the world team and then :fragile:

Dobre

I have to go to work and don’t have time to check the pbp so not really sure what happened in Japan to my girl Kaori, but I am :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

Same thing that happens to most young female skaters around this age, I think. A lot of these young senior ladies came up out of juniors right at the same time. (Rika was a year behind). And now they are dealing with growing up at the same time.

Could have been Mihara's year. :( She may not be the most exciting, but that girl had consistency and reliability in spades.

Yes. The landscape can change so quickly in the ladies' event. Last year, she was feeling the pressure from the whole field, and people were proclaiming that she needed to improve her technique. Well, here we are. The rest of the field is growing up, and all she would need is her usual consistency. Which is gone because she is working on improving said technique.

Dobre

I thought @her grace was referring to Mai Mihara, and what could have been if not for her illness.

😊 You are right. Well, it could have been Miyahara's also. Mai has been fairly consistent, I agree. She hasn't had much practice at leading the field under pressure though. I am just glad she is on the upswing with her health at last.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
I thought @her grace was referring to Mai Mihara, and what could have been if not for her illness.

Yes, I was talking about Mai Mihara. She finished 4th last year at Japanese nationals and medaled at 4CC. I wouldn't have expected her to win or be leading the field after the SP, but I think she could have easily placed top 3 in this field given the performances that happened and Mihara's typical skating. Oh well. I hope she can come back next season if she wishes to.

Same thing that happens to most young female skaters around this age, I think. A lot of these young senior ladies came up out of juniors right at the same time. (Rika was a year behind). And now they are dealing with growing up at the same time.

Sakamoto's 19, though. She didn't move up to seniors when she was first age-eligible so I wouldn't attribute her struggles to growing up. Rather she's never been the most consistent skater, and other than her Olympic season where she really caught lightning in a bottle, a few mistakes in a program is par for the course for her.

Dobre

Sakamoto's 19, though. She didn't move up to seniors when she was first age-eligible so I wouldn't attribute her struggles to growing up. Rather she's never been the most consistent skater, and other than her Olympic season where she really caught lightning in a bottle, a few mistakes in a program is par for the course for her.
She's always had good rotations, though, and this season, that is not the case. (And delayed adolescence is not uncommon in skating). There was pressure here, for sure. Returning as the title holder is always tough.

Dobre

I'm completely ignoring the results of Japanese nationals as they make me depressed. :drama:

4 out of 6 of my wishes were granted:eek:. (See evidence below). Poor Yuna had to sacrifice a limb to balance out the karma:wuzrobbed. But . . . Higuchi:cheer2:.

Japanese Nationals. Well, it would be fun to see Shoma defeat Hanyu. Considering the season thus far, probably only a follower of the Team Trainwreck thread would bother voicing this. I will be cheering for Shiraiwa, Higuchi, Takahashi, and Kagiyama. I also hope things go a lot better for Marin than last season.

J

Jeschke

My dear train riders,

christmas approaches and boss will be off for 3 days (I am trying to start a drunken Hunger Games day 1 re-watch marathon thursday night, so prepare for the full drama posts then :D )

I wish you all some lovely days with family friends and loved ones! 🎄
Have a great time with tons of food and good drinks!

Merry Christmas, happy Chanukah, happy/merry.... !
(for all those having another 'christmas' date, feel hugged there too)

And as a little early bossman christmas present, straight outta jail with the little help of our ol' buddy Vik:
MESS 2019/20 Shortlist Pt.1
(let me know, when it's blocked somewhere, so I will try to get it up somewhere else)

🚂🚂🚂

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Happy Holidays everybody. I plan to watch all of Russian Nationals. With Zag out and if Kostornaia is injured, albeit she hasn't WD yet, it's going to make ladies more interesting than usual. What will happen? What will the Fed decide regarding Europeans and Worlds? Everybody enjoy however you celebrate or if you don't, enjoy that too.

Vagabond

My dear train riders,

christmas approaches and boss will be off for 3 days (I am trying to start a drunken Hunger Games day 1 re-watch marathon thursday night, so prepare for the full drama posts then :D )

I wish you all some lovely days with family friends and loved ones! 🎄
Have a great time with tons of food and good drinks!

Merry Christmas, happy Chanukah, happy/merry.... !
(for all those having another 'christmas' date, feel hugged there too)

And as a little early bossman christmas present, straight outta jail with the little help of our ol' buddy Vik:
MESS 2019/20 Shortlist Pt.1
(let me know, when it's blocked somewhere, so I will try to get it up somewhere else)

🚂🚂🚂
Enjoy your time off line, boss. We'll be good or at least make a pretnese of trying. :saint:

The Press Office will be hosting a soiree with latkes and a viewing of the MESS video. :fan:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information