#TeamTrainwreck 14: "I Don't Care. #StillHere"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanna

Skating junkie
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steps_(pop_group)

They were really big in the UK and Europe, in the late 90s and early 2000s. Not at all in the USA (but of course I was a fan, and may or may not have bought import CDs at ridiculous prices) :scream:

Deeper Shade of Blue is one of their better songs, and 5,6,7,8 is definitely in the "it's so bad it's good category".

They had a comeback album last year, after many years off, and I truly believe "Scared of the Dark" is one of the catchiest and best pop songs of 2017.
Wheee, I was a huge fan of Steps around 1999 or so! :cheer: I still have the Step One CD and just checked that I apparently paid 119 Finnish marks for it - it was the time before euros. :inavoid: CRAZY! That album seriously has lots of good songs whose lyrics I can still sing... :shuffle:

By the way, 2004 is also the year I joined FSU, so the photo is very relevant in that sense. Also it makes me realize what a baby I was when I first joined, and I can actually remember my posts were pretty terrible back then, too. :rofl:

Last edited:

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Wheee, I was a huge fan of Steps around 1999 or so! :cheer: I still have the Step One CD and just checked that I apparently paid 119 Finnish marks for it - it was the time before euros. :inavoid: CRAZY! That album seriously has lots of good songs whose lyrics I can still sing... :shuffle:

I can remember Tiff coming home after spending the day at Queens Ice rink London with her dad around 1999, and telling me that she had been playing and singing all day with a very nice man called H. I worked out later that she was in fact referring to 'H' from steps!

J

Jeschke

Perkova's toyboy Shulepov with a new costume :smokin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4yZvYpgFzg

Or is the entire SP new:huh: I am confused.

Seriously, I am such a big fan of his skating since I first saw him years back :love: I just wish he could pull it together :drama:
I am praying to all skating gods that his and Nugumanov's name will appear on Golden Spin entry list as well as on national's!

Slay Anton! :encore:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.

I *knew* I could count on you! ;) :40beers:

J

Jeschke

I feel like @Hanna, @SmallFairy, @Jeschke, @SamuraiK and I look like we could have been in a fourth-rate international knock off of STEPS (in my dreams!).

Wheee, I was a huge fan of Steps around 1999 or so! :cheer:

Like @SamuraiK I never heard of them ever :shuffle: Seems like a 'bad' version of S Club 7 :rofl:

Checked on youtube, those videos :rofl: And now after vice's comment, all I see are our nordics and @Ka3sha in nurse outfits and my singing on a patient bed :rofl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsuRgxsd6bk

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
S

SmallFairy

And I vaguely remember something called Steps, had to look them up. I'm not sure if they hit the charts in Norway or not. I'm totally into this genre though. I'll join for sure. I'll be the blondest of those chicks:lol:

In Norway, everyone was occupied with boyband A1 being big in Britain, as one of the guys was...NORWEGIAN OMG!!!! And of course there was the Norwegian put-together group equivalent to Steps- Cape. Their album was called...drumroll...Capability.

The 90ies called...and so on:
https://goo.gl/images/DL3sYF

Ka3sha

Back on a more serious and :fragile: note:
Radionova visited Almaty with TAT:TT1: yesterday, they took part in the event in Denis memory ( unveiling of the commemorative plaque) and both of them gave speeches.
Elena also skated there
https://vk.com/video368656555_456240266
(haven't found this video on youtube yet)

In the interview she said that she hopes to compete at Nationals and Universiade, but isn't sure yet. Looks like she is in frustration right now :(

S

SmallFairy

I joined FSU in 2003, but I didn't post anything for years. I posted in the Yagudin forum (until I realised that most people there was older than my mother and still had a crush on the guy, "stalking" him and buying him expensive jewellery (no kidding!) ) and the Abt mailing list and fan club.

2004 was the year I went to Euros in Budapest, where Klimkin won bronze, my friend bought Plushenko a pyjamas, Mishin owned the lobby (that man seriously rocks!), Victoria Pavuk got her six minutes forty seconds of fame, Freakin' was robbed of Euro title, and the fondest memory...I stayed behind in the practice rink in the evening to watch Dambier :smokin: when everyone else left for pairs free or something. And I got to see him land both 4s and 4toes... And then he finished fourth when it counted, no attempt on the 4t:wuzrobbed:gallopin1

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I can remember Tiff coming home after spending the day at Queens Ice rink London with her dad around 1999, and telling me that she had been playing and singing all day with a very nice man called H. I worked out later that she was in fact referring to 'H' from steps!

That is amazing! Although I was always more of a Lee fan.

To my defense, I just checked: they only have had one single listed in the german charts, and the peak was ranked #98, so

I just looked, too, and they had one single peak at #76 in the US in 2001. :gallopin1

I joined FSU in 2003, but I didn't post anything for years. I posted in the Yagudin forum (until I realised that most people there was older than my mother and still had a crush on the guy) "stalking" him and buying him expensive jewellery (no kidding!) ) and the Abt mailing list and fan club.

:rofl: Why do I see this as my future!? :slinkaway

Freakin' was robbed of Euro title,

THIS. Still one of the biggest Euros robberies ever. 6 triple Freakin Frida >>> 5 triples (kinda) Granny anyday! :mitchell:

Mad for Skating

Back on a more serious and :fragile: note:
Radionova visited Almaty with TAT:TT1: yesterday, they took part in the event in Denis memory ( unveiling of the commemorative plaque) and both of them gave speeches.
Elena also skated there
https://vk.com/video368656555_456240266
(haven't found this video on youtube yet)

In the interview she said that she hopes to compete at Nationals and Universiade, but isn't sure yet. Looks like she is in frustration right now :(

Beautiful tribute. I hope to see Elena back soon, but I don't think it's going to happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information